Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Rhythms Beyond Belief, A Story Written By Team Leader - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rhythms Beyond Belief, A Story Written By Team Leader (491 Views)

"Captain Jack": A Val Story Written By John Mfon / The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhythms Beyond Belief, A Story Written By Team Leader by TeamLeader112: 9:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
BRIEF STORYLINE OF MY NOVEL
UNEDITED
Chapter 1
07:09PM
Victoria Island, Lagos. Nigeria
It was dusk, the wave of the spurring wind was intensely darting North, East, West and South, it was gyrating clockwise and anticlockwise like a pendulum bulb, but the firmament looks gloomy and daunting due to its obscure nature. The nature of the cloud put into words a numinous memorandum like there was going to be an intense torrent of rainfall but that seems to be a myth. The entire environment was silent as a grave yard with the impression that the intact living creature in that hinterland had been extinct, but walking through a street was seen charming and luxurious cottage which seems enthralling, it was encompassed in a fence with a giant gate adjacent the anterior view of the cottage. The surrounding area of the cottage was enormously spacious, varieties flowers used in decorating around the pink-painted elegant edifice were jazzing to the music of the wind and at the anterior view of the cottage was parked a cool looking Bentley car and Toyota Jeep of respective different colors. An undertone voice of a lady communicating with someone was soon heard from the cottage, it was Amber precisely conversing with her mother, Mrs. Clifford trying to mooch her. Amber was a lady full of etiquette, she loves going to bash and meeting new friends, but her father, Mr. Clifford Martins never allowed her to leave the house, whenever she wants to decide her father do oppose her opinion. Actually, she just completed her year of study in the University of Lagos located at Yaba Metropolitan Arterial road with a B.Sc Degree in Accounting. When she was in the varsity, her dad had a spy who use to monitor her all around the campus and gives him feedback, she's was born with a silver spoon because the world seems to be at her father's feet, but despite the fact that her father had habitually advised her on several occasions not to attend night bash or hang out with friends at secluded region either when at home or on campus, she decided to be stiff-headed turning her impaired deaf ears to her father's words. Mr. Clifford is a disciplined man, a man of his own words, whenever he says yes, no one dares says no, he never accepted opposite ideas when he his deciding. When he his determined to embark on anything, no one can dare stop him, whenever he feels agressive he act in a beligerence way due to his hot temepred behaviour. He has an high rank at the shipping company in Apapa.
After the final year student convocation ceremony held at noon time of the day at the University of Lagos, an after party was to be held by Amber's cohort which was to be marked a D - day at a friend's apartment known as Brittney. Brittney lived alone at her parent three storey building home in 15A Mac Donald Road, Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria, she had commenced her degree programme in Nigeria before her parent left for the state, she decided to obtain her degree certificate in Nigeria before she also travels abroad to stay with her parent. Brittney's parent are a multi - billionaire tycoon who resides at 3765 Robinhood Str, Houston, TX 77005, U.S.A. Amber was blind-folded and beguiled by the deceptive agenda prepared for the after party, this made her to scold her mother to let her attend the party since it's once in a blue moon and besides it's been long she attended her friend birthday party, initially her mother wouldn't have allowed her to go for the evening party but she had pity on her and thought that she was not a baby to be spoon fed anymore.
'Letting you attend this party is based on a tentative measure because your father is away and I don't want to be put to blame for my actions, so I want you to make sure your arrival is very early and also avoid alcoholic drinks. Make sure you maintain your when you get there and don't allow any lad move closer to you or to the extent of seducing you, I hope you have my words on that.' she warned her with a confused facial expression as she walk away to the lounge room to tune on the television set because she has an important programme to watch. 'Sheesh, mum you know am not brought up in that manner, am not gullible to that extent. However, I promise to hold onto your words and never to forget an iota or even a dot in it.
' Amber calmed her mom and urged her not to think too much about her so as not to cause herself an heartbreak. 'I will always maintain my status wherever I go.' she hastily wagged to her room to replace her wears into a nice vogue, the entire section of the room was elegantly decorated with dozens of posters which are in varying sizes of different content mostly expressing a political idea or a taste of music, her awesome photo shots of her in the varsity was also placed around the room embedded in a glass frame. In an array of gloss and semi - gloss, shades of pink cover the four walls with a white brick lining design across the center. Standing at the doorway looking inward was a twin - size bed directly facing the pink wardrobe, its sheet and blankets are ruffled and in dire need of straightened. Two pillows rest at opposite ends covered by case made of turquoise cloth, these colors forms a pleasant contrast with the darker blues of the bedspread, the floor of the room was tiled with pure white marble porcelains. Walking out of her room to leave for the party, her mother sighted her from the lounge room where she was busy watching the latest News on Channels Television and marveled due to the decent attire her daughter was clad in. She then bid her mum farewell as she walked majestically out of the lounge room. The night bash had taking off in the evening, music was blaring at a high rate from the lounge room couch of Brittney's glass apartment from the 2nd floor of the royal building; the lounge room has a wide area with furniture and mementos of family history, photographs and newspaper clipping of the children in their radio show days. The Disk Jockey was screeching the music as everyone danced in pairs at diverse steps, Amber arrive the party and campus friends were gob smacked to see her because they all knew her father to be a quite disciplined man whom does not deviate from his words. Everyone gave Amber a warmth welcome approach because she happened to be a famous student on campus; Brittney stepping out of her room sighted Amber and hurriedly went to give her a pleasant hug also.
'This is so astounding, I already lost the assertiveness that your mum would allow you attend the party, I lost all hope after longing to see you for quite a while thinking you had been deprived of today's fun. Good to see you amidst us tonight.' Brittney said with roses of smile dancing on her face.
'Chuckles, if I had acted naive with my mum, I wouldn't have been here tonight. I had to thoroughly mooch her before she could allow me partake in tonight's bash, but I'm constraint to time. She spurred me not to stay too long and avoid alcoholic drinks so as to die down the detriment of been seduced by lechers.' Amber replied as she urged Brittney to keep an eye on her whenever she tries to act saucy or flare - up if confronted by any lad because she knew lad can never detest from doing what they delighted pleasure in doing most. I believe you know what I mean by that, she said. Brittney yielded to her friends instruction and promised to hold on to her words, she went in quickly to get Amber a chewed drink with some hot sauced snacks served on a blue amoeba tray with a glass cup which has a white tissue in it. She was back to the living room where the party was busy rocking after some minutes she had gone in, she placed the items on a flower-designed blue porcelain table in front of Amber. She drank and eat till she was satisfied whilst Brittney was busy attending to other friends whom are just arriving the party because the agenda of the bash was stipulated from dusk to dawn. It was an opaque and horrendous moment, Amber had slept for over an hour on the blue sofa she sat on. She suddenly woke up from her slumber to find herself in an unconscious state, she stood up on her feet stammering as she picked up her phone from the table to check the time only to realize that it was past nine pm, she began to act abnormal with her eyes protrude to an incongruous extent as she walked out of the apartment. Though she exerted much energy to try get to the main gate of the edifice, but unlocking the black gigantic gate her leg crossed a keen iron rod lined underneath the gate letting her stumble to the ground with blood dripping out of the cut on her leg, she stood up with an emotionally unstable posture hanging her pink hand bag across her neck and pulled off her tiger skinned leather shoe to began walking bare-footed. Brittney who was still with her friends, sharing the unremarkable bright moment spent during their days on campus observed that Amber was no longer on sit, she urgently excused herself
from her friends to check out on her whereabouts, she searched the whole apartment but all effort proved abortive.
'How could Amber had disappeared into thin air without my consent, could she have gone home.........., but I still sighted her presence not quite long.' she muttered turning around to pick her silver coated Samsung S6 Android phone which was on the table and call her, Amber 's phone rang several times but she didn't pick it up. Brittney immediately darted through the staircase to check if Amber was in the compound, getting downstairs and searching the whole surroundings she didn't find even a needle, she then decided to peep through the gate to check if she hasn't gone too far merely to see her Tiger skinned leather shoe at the entrance of the gate with blood stains from the cut on her leg. Her bone ached suddenly and the blood flowing through her veins freezed to the extent she couldn't hold her breath any longer. 'Hoooooohz! Hoooooooohz!! Hooooooooooooooohz!!!' she exhaled feeling groaned; she left the gate ajar to search for Amber on the street because she wondered why she could have pulled of her shoe at the entrance of the gate. After walking some meters away from home, she sighted Amber sleep-walking from afar distance due to the gold laced attire she wore which shines bright at night. 'Amber! Amber!!' she yelled running towards her, unexpectedly she saw a Black Volkswagen van with tinted glass which leaped into the street from a corner of the silent street approaching Amber, and she began to run towards Amber to catch on her. Perhaps, she could have catch up with her but the vehicle was quite swifter than she was, the bus then slowed down on getting towards Amber, it suddenly stopped and a man who was fortified in a blue canvass with a blue crimps shirt tucked in his black trouser wearing a back sunglass on his face with a green hood covering his head busted out of the bus to push Amber in and then slammed the door taking its full speed out of the environment North - West. Brittney began to chase the bus at an intense rate but could not catch up with it, She felt like that night was the awkward moment of her life as tears were playing football match on her pretty face.
'I'm guilty for failing Amber's promise; I broke her trust in me. What would I do?' she soliloquizes as she ran back to her apartment to pick up her phone with the aim of informing the police about the horrendous incident that occurred to her friend. She rushed into her apartment looking frightened and hurriedly picked up her silver coated Samsung S6 Android phone which she kept under the care of her friend to place the Ikoyi Divisional Police Officer (D.P.O) a distress call.
'Goo-oo-od evening Sir, its Brittney placing you a call from i-i-ikoyi, main arterial road, actually it was my friend that was kidnapped by an unknown stranger who was in greeeeeen ho-oo-ood, she was conveyed by a Bla-a-ack Vol-ksw-a-agen van with tin-tin-tinted glass.......' Brittney stuttered as she spoke with the Divisional Police Officer of the Nigeria Police Force, Awolowo road, Ikoyi Eti Osa, Lagos with her fingers darting all around which made her phone to be unstable on her ears. The moments her friends at the party eavesdropped all her ordeal while she left their midst, they ordered the Disk Jockey to halt the music he was playing and the party was disrupted as many invited guest took to their heels with the fear of been detained by the police.
'That's so pathetic but notwithstanding you don't need to weep, as far as you have informed the operatives your friend will be found within a short period of time. Just keep your mind at rest, I have noted all crucial information's needed and I will forward it to the Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (CIID) to swing into action as fast as possible.' The Divisional Police Officer gave an epic assurance.
'Very soon some Individual Police Officers (IPO's) would be sent on a rescue mission. So I assure you that your friend will be found before its dawn.' he continued as Brittney dropped the call still shedding tears pen ultimately with a thank you undertone voice.

Re: Rhythms Beyond Belief, A Story Written By Team Leader by TeamLeader112: 10:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
This is really my first time of writing, so don't feel deprived about my grammars. Should I continue posting?

(1) (Reply)

Story Writers Needed Urgently / Online Book Club Holds Maiden Meeting In Lagos / Gold Diggers - Olumide Olanrewaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.