Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,842 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs (31982 Views)

BREAKING!!! Nigerian Man Executed In Indonesia Over Drug(photos) / 23 Nigerians On Death Row In Saudi Arabia (Full Names) / Humphrey Jefferson Ejike Eleweke Mistakenly Executed In Indonesia Over Drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by midolian(m): 6:14am On Nov 19, 2016
No fewer than 81 more Nigerians in Malaysia and 15 in Indonesia are awaiting execution after they had been convicted on drug related offences in the two countries just as one Chijioke Stephen Obioha was executed in Singapore yesterday.

Drug offences in those countries carry the death penalty.

THISDAY has reliably learnt from sources in the Malaysian Embassy that the Malaysia government had repeatedly complained to the Drug Law Enforcement Agency of Nigeria of what had become almost an epidemic proportion of Nigerians who traffic in the deadly cargo but all appear to have fallen on deaf ears as the number of arrests had been on a steady increase.

Last week, Indonesia executed another Nigerian without fanfare as was contained in notes exchanged when Nigeria’s drug law agency officials visited Indonesia recently.

Obioha’s execution was inspite of global cries and appeals which followed the failure of his appeal to their apex court after conviction. The apex court threw out his final appeal.

Malaysia complained that the new tactics that the Nigerians were using to traffic and vend hard drugs was through chat groups on social media.

However, a Nigerian resident in Singapore said while the figure might be correct,  only three Nigerians were on death row there , one had been sentenced to 15 years and two others yet to be sentenced

The executed Nigerian was arrested on April 9, 2007 with more than 2.6 kilograms of cannabis which was above the statutory quantity of 500 grams presumed as drug trafficking in Singapore.

Former lawmaker and Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, lamented the execution as heartbreaking and appealed to Nigerians to avoid drug trafficking.

“While we regret the death sentence passed on the Nigerian, we once again appeal to Nigerians to avoid crimes like drug trafficking with most countries especially in Asia declaring zero tolerance for drug trafficking”, she said.

The execution of Obioha was reported by one Ravi MRavi, an activist with Eugene Thuraisingam, a legal firm in Singapore, who posted the execution on his Facebook wall said it took place around 6am.

“This morning, at 6am, the execution of Chijioke Stephen Obioha took place. I am not even sure if his family from Nigeria were able to attend. Soon it will be all forgotten together with Chijioke’s name, but for the many of us who fight and campaign to eradicate this barbaric practice of death by hanging, and for those of us who challenge the mandatory death penalty for drug trafficking in Singapore, our work will go on. And it must.

“I’m currently arranging with the Roman Catholic Prison Ministry (RCPM) to claim the body of Chijioke from the Singapore Prisons Service for a proper funeral in accordance with his religious beliefs.

The funeral will take place either today or tomorrow depending on how soon the SPS could release the body”, he lamented.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/-as-nigeria-is-executed-for-drugs/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by GOATandYAMtheory: 6:29am On Nov 19, 2016
-81israelites...so sad! cry

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:35am On Nov 19, 2016
Say No To Drug Trafficking wink

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by OJUcrook: 6:40am On Nov 19, 2016
If i say BI and you say A another man say FRA omo na you sabi

160 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by sarrki(m): 6:46am On Nov 19, 2016
What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and

Loss is soul

Vanity upon vanity all is vanity

9 Likes

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by stinggy(m): 6:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Kill them, even if my brother is among. They knew what judgement will befall them before setting out on their journeys.

I don't pity such people.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Tolexander: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2016
GOATandYAMtheory:
-81israelites...so sad! cry
nope!
81 Ugandans!

Awon eeyan Netayahu ati Idi Amin!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:15am On Nov 19, 2016
And that makes a total of 96 Ugandan Jews awaiting execution. Jews are creathief!

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Tolexander: 7:16am On Nov 19, 2016
Former lawmaker and Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, lamented the execution as heartbreaking and appealed to Nigerians to avoid drug trafficking.

“While we regret the death sentence passed on the Nigerian, we once again appeal to Nigerians to avoid crimes like drug trafficking with most countries especially in Asia declaring zero tolerance for drug trafficking”, she said.
The hard working guys won't yield and take to any advice given to them, preferring money to their lives as if they will spend the money in heaven after being executed.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:20am On Nov 19, 2016
Tolexander:
nope!
81 Ugandans!

Awon eeyan Netayahu ati Idi Amin!
Jews, Ugandans, Indonesians, Jewish Ugandans, Indonesian Jews, whatever! They are the same people. angry angry Goatandyamtheory where have you been all this while?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by midolian(m): 7:21am On Nov 19, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
And that makes a total of 96 Ugandan Jews awaiting execution. Jews are creathief!
creathief indeed grin grin

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by ObikeNkem: 7:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Sad

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Lascode(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2016
even with these killings they will never learn their lesson.Nija i hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by OsuIbo: 7:37am On Nov 19, 2016
This number is underestimated. I reckon that the number of these people who are awaiting death sentences and are inmates in the Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Singaporean, Chinese, Cambodian, Indian and South African Prisons, for Cocaine trafficking and drug related offences, will be in the excess of 1Million.

The proclivity of these people toward crime is second to none. The predisposition of these people toward making dirty money through illegitimate means is unrivaled. These people are the only one soiling the image of this country.

I am sick and tired of these people. Infact, I am sad

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by jemmanuel258(m): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2016
been spoiling our Nigeria since democracy

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by GOATandYAMtheory: 7:57am On Nov 19, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Jews, Ugandans, Indonesians, Jewish Ugandans, Indonesian Jews, whatever! They are the same people. angry angry Goatandyamtheory where have you been all this while?
I ve been around, ADAMUdaCOWBOY...come and go like a flash cos my wrk takes much of my time. How are your cows?

2 Likes

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by REDshouse(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2016
And we import rice from these countries... Using our billions of naira to develop their country..

NCAN lagos where una dey...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Jakpon: 8:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Lalasticlala please lets move this thread to the front page. This statistic is alarming. The Nigerian authority should do more and look into this.

1 Like

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Pheals(f): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2016
Gawd!! how will NDLEA response to this? when there are pot belly politicians who are also involve
Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by veekid(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2016

dem no get name?

1 Like

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by henrydadon(m): 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
grin

i hope they learn

[img]http://i./JXHaiHoyh8MOk.gif[/img]

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by oluwamile(m): 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
let's stay away from drugs...life is more precious Dan money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2016
You mean 81 Israelites are on death row?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2016
OJUcrook:
If i say BI and you say A another man say FRA omo na you sabi
Awon ti Israel lo n ke si yen.

5 Likes

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Smellymouth: 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
Chaiii

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by LordCenturion(m): 2:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
Drug Kingdom from far yeast . they no dey hear words

Awon oloriburuku, akoshi bero

14 Likes

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
Violate their law, face the consequences. I don't pity such. If Nigeria is lawless, then stay in Nigeria to practice the lawless here. You go to a country that is very active in using law to fight , you want to make quick money, good luck, if you are caught, face the music, then why should I pity you? As if we will spend the money together if you make it.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 81 Nigerians On Death Row In Malaysia, 15 In Indonesia Over Drugs by jomoh: 2:18pm On Nov 19, 2016
hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Caught Disguising As Woman To Steal Money During Wedding Reception / Gunmen Attack Church In Bayelsa, Kill Pregnant Woman, 3 Others / Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.