Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG (408 Views)

OAP Freeze Advises FG To Place 30% Tax On Churches / CBN Governor Advises FG To Tax Every Phone Call Above Three Minutes / ''buhari Must Hear This'' - Cbn Governor, Emefiele, Quoted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG by Nnamdd1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2016
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has advised the Federal Government to tax Nigerians for every call above 3 minutes as part of plans to cushion the effect of the economic recession.

He said this while speaking at the Annual Bankers’ Dinner in Lagos on Friday, November 18th.

He said the government could raise additional revenue by introducing the charge.

He said, “There are several ways we can raise additional revenue to finance the increased expenditure that is needed to engender fast and sustainable growth in the economy,”

Emefiele said, “I think we can consider introducing a negligible telecom surcharge to be entirely borne by the initiator of a call. In order to protect the poor and vulnerable amongst us, we could structure it to only take effect after the third minute of talk.

“Some analyses have indicated that the government could earn about N100 billion per annum from this alone. Obviously, this surcharge will mainly be borne by middle and upper-class people since I do not know many poor people who make calls for more than 3 minutes!”

http://www.nnamdisblog.com/2016/11/tax-nigerians-for-calls-above-3-minutes-emefiele-advises-fg.html

Re: Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG by misreal(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
.I only parked my car here for site seeing.nairalanders,are going to bambard this emefiele till he resigns from being a Nigerian.
Re: Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG by littlewonders: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
Re: Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG by littlewonders: 1:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
This guy is probably insane. With the hardship already giving us a feel.

Abeg we need to protest for this guy to be sacked. Nonsense policy.
Re: Tax Nigerians For Calls Above 3 Minutes, Emefiele Advises FG by stainlink(m): 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
Can you imagine making a phone less than three minutes when you are pleading with mama nkechi to say ur her debt? All policies are made against the poor.

(1) (Reply)

Does Beauty Really Fade? / Soyinka: I Have Destroyed My ‘Green Card’ Over Trump - Concise News / National Atikulate Movement 4 Emancipation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.