Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. (812 Views)

Why It Took Thirty Years To Bury My Townsman / Hrm Queen Catherine Ajike To Build Africa’s Best Hospital In Ohafia / Were Africans Too Primitive To Build Cities In The Past? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by ironbender101(m): 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
I'm not disrespecting my country in any way but saying from my own perspective. I have been opportuned to travel to countries in Asia, Europe, America,Africa and have seen the way things are there. We have a lot to do in Nigeria and for us to get better like other countries it will take a very long time.

Country like England have railways which they built in the 1800 and houses that people still live in and are still well maintained. Other nations have advanced in a whole lot of things and I cry every night I go to bed and wonder where our forefathers were and why didnt they follow footsteps of others. Healthcare and education is no more luxury as it is now like air in most developed countries.

If we start to build Nigeria now; supposing everything is in place and we get good leadership, major projects like light speed train and so on take years to be completed. Some project take up to 10-20 years to be completed. Nigeria is so big and putting these things in place will take ages.

Furthermore, the mentality of people need to change. This can only be possible if everyone at least have education up to SS3. That way people would be thought some civil behaviours. Most Nigerians don't like to pay bills, follow due process, respect others, etc. There are a lot of things to discuss. Where do I even start? I want your opinions on these issues that disturb me a lot.
Re: It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by psucc(m): 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2016
Op I bet it will take longer. Reason: We lack cooperation and trust.

1 Like

Re: It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by Bigsteve121(m): 4:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
ironbender101:
I'm not disrespecting my country in any way but saying from my own perspective. I have been opportuned to travel to countries in Asia, Europe, America,Africa and have seen the way things are there. We have a lot to do in Nigeria and for us to get better like other countries it will take a very long time.

Country like England have railways which they built in the 1800 and houses that people still live in and are still well maintained. Other nations have advanced in a whole lot of things and I cry every night I go to bed and wonder where our forefathers were and why didnt they follow footsteps of others. Healthcare and education is no more luxury as it is now like air in most developed countries.

If we start to build Nigeria now; supposing everything is in place and we get good leadership, major projects like light speed train and so on take years to be completed. Some project take up to 10-20 years to be completed. Nigeria is so big and putting these things in place will take ages.

Furthermore, the mentality of people need to change. This can only be possible if everyone at least have education up to SS3. That way people would be thought some civil behaviours. Most Nigerians don't like to pay bills, follow due process, respect others, etc. There are a lot of things to discuss. Where do I even start? I want your opinions on these issues that disturb me a lot.

NOT REALLY MY BROTHER, WHEN JESUS CHRIST SAYS YES NOBODY CAN SAY NO, WHY YOU ASK SIMPLE BECAUSE JESUS IS LORD THATS WHY wink. SO IF HE SAYS NIGERIA WILL BE DEVELOPED IT WILL BE SO AND ANYWAY LOOK AT LAGOS STATE, I HAVE NOT BEEN TO NIGERIA IN 5 YEARS AND I WAD SURPRISED HOW THERE ARE HUNDREDS OF PROJECTS GOING ON IN LAGOS ESPECIALLY THE NEW EKO CITY THAT IS BEING BUILT ON THE COAST OF LAGOS, LOOK AT ABUJA WHERE THEY ARE DOING SO MANY ROAD WORKS PEOPLE ARE DRIVING THE LATEST NEW MODEL CARS IN NIGERIA, DONT WORRY MY BROTHER LEAVE IT TO GOD HE WILL PERFECT NIGERIA AND BY GODS GRACE OUR GENERATION WILL LIVE TO SEE IT.
Re: It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by ChinenyeN(m): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
300 years is optimistic sef. It will certainly take much longer.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by RedboneSmith(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Enlightened despotism can get us there in less than 300 years. We are not ready yet for Western-style democracy with its wastefulness and slow pace of development.

3 Likes

Re: It Will Take About 300 Years To Build Nigeria Up To Standard. by freeman95(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
WELL IF WE ARE TALKING ABOUT 'NIGERIA' IT MEANS kano, ebonyi, nassarwa and the likes....

so tell me how u gonna make all those places look like the UK or any developed country

with out fvcked up mentality and high level of ignorance....

I DONT THINK NIGERIA WILL EVER GET THERE

with gullible people worshipping pastors and imam, praying to a sky daddy for help..

instead of coming together to help each other...

we dont even love each other.... every nigerian just want a good life for themselves

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Beauty Of Qaulity "ANKARA" Fabrics.See Pictures / Igbo Landing: Black Revolt Against Slavery In USA / Igbos Outside South East Blessing Or Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.