Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,142 members, 7,829,078 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone (1252 Views)

Brand-new Kimfly 4G LTE Phone For Sell / Ntel Night Plan Stops At 5 Not 6 Am They Said / How To Know If Your 4G LTE Phone Supports Any Of The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Salimmuhammad(m): 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
I was really happy when Glo, Mtn, and Etisalat announced that they have 4g lte services and even made a list of supported devices. As i use all the ntwk i decided to use the Glo since the the price for their Data is very low compared to others, plus they have the 4G lte service in kaduna and Zaria where i was going. I went to their office to upgrade my sim to a 4G one and was told to insert the nxt day. Nxt day i inserted the sim, went to settings switched on the data, changed the connection from 3G TO LTE, only for me to see the 3g sign for hours then i went close to their office area thinking it will change but still.

so my question is. is it that iphone doesn't support 4g service or is their difference btw 4G and LTE
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by randomShek: 10:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
Salimmuhammad:
I was really happy when Glo, Mtn, and Etisalat announced that they have 4g lte services and even made a list of supported devices. As i use all the ntwk i decided to use the Glo since the the price for their Data is very low compared to others, plus they have the 4G lte service in kaduna and Zaria where i was going. I went to their office to upgrade my sim to a 4G one and was told to insert the nxt day. Nxt day i inserted the sim, went to settings switched on the data, changed the connection from 3G TO LTE, only for me to see the 3g sign for hours then i went close to their office area thinking it will change but still.

so my question is. is it that iphone doesn't support 4g service or is their difference btw 4G and LTE
4G/LTE is only for the 5s upwards
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Nobody: 12:27am On Nov 20, 2016
randomShek:
4G/LTE is only for the 5s upwards
That's not true sir

Iphone 5 has 4G LTE but the problem is that GLO do not support the frequency of Iphone 5

1 Like

Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Bossman(m): 4:18am On Nov 20, 2016
The GLO LTE band is one of the least used LTE bands in the world. So, it makes no sense for manufacturers to include it on their devices. Only some high-end and very few mid-range devices support that LTE band 28(700MHz) used by GLO
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Salimmuhammad(m): 7:07am On Nov 20, 2016
Bossman:
The GLO LTE band is one of the least used LTE bands in the world. So, it makes no sense for manufacturers to include it on their devices. Only some high-end and very few mid-range devices support that LTE band 28(700MHz) used by GLO

its kind of confusing, is it that their lte band is an outdated one? if yes thats too bad.
let me just try other networks and see if they are similar, if it turns out to be same then its got to be my phone fault.
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by randomShek: 7:59am On Nov 20, 2016
fados4sure:

That's not true sir

Iphone 5 has 4G LTE but the problem is that GLO do not support the frequency of Iphone 5
Oh...guess they updated the software bandwidth...I'm not a sir o
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 20, 2016
randomShek:
Oh...guess they updated the software bandwidth...I'm not a sir o
Alright ma'am
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by randomShek: 8:54am On Nov 20, 2016
fados4sure:
Alright ma'am
LOL...I'm you
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 20, 2016
randomShek:
LOL...I'm you
I don't get you ma'am
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 20, 2016
Not many phones support band 28

Check the bands your phone supports
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by randomShek: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2016
fados4sure:
I don't get you ma'am
Ama dude man
Re: Is The Iphone 5 Not An Lte Phone by Youngpo413: 11:03am On Nov 20, 2016
Just buy a glo 4G mifi, it's cheaper than buying a brand new phone.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Add Handler Interface To An Android Application / Airtel Redhot Data Promo, Get 7GB For Just N2,000 / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.