Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,003 members, 7,863,611 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 09:28 PM

2016 Awcon: Mmadu Backs Omagbemi To Inspire Super Falcons Title Success - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2016 Awcon: Mmadu Backs Omagbemi To Inspire Super Falcons Title Success (289 Views)

Recent Pictures Of Mary Onyali-Omagbemi / "My Son Was Killed" - Florence Omagbemi / Florence Omagbemi's Son Dies At Exam Party Initiated By Teacher (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2016 Awcon: Mmadu Backs Omagbemi To Inspire Super Falcons Title Success by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2016
Nigeria’s ex-international Maureen Mmadu has backed Florence Omagbemi to inspire the country’s women team to African Women’s Cup of Nations success in Cameroon.

Though lamented the lack of quality preparatory games, Mmadu urged the Super Falcons to give their best to retain the continental crown but tasked the NFF to motivate the girls.

“I think they have a good coach in Florence Omagbemi,” Mmadu said on Channels TV.

“She was my teammate and captain, I know she is a winner and a good fighter, She doesn’t like to lose.

“I know her very well and expect her winning spirit to help the girls. We have to put our country first so that we retain the trophy.

“It is sad they could not get international friendlies like we had in our days but whether we get a foreign tour or not, what matter now is we getting our acts together to prove we are still the best in Africa.

“I believe they will do well with Omagbemi and the rest in charge of the team but I hope the Nigeria Football Federation give them the right motivation they need to succeed.

“I remember what happened to us when we were playing in South Africa, we were given meals that gave us concussion and we had a running stomach.

“I will appeal to the NFF to provide the players some local meals in their semi-final and final games because I know they will be in the final.

“We have to go there and do our best and not being over confident because no team is will be a push over. We have to go and fight to win the tournament again,” she concluded.

http://www.savidnews.com/2016-awcon-mmadu-backs-omagbemi-to-inspire-super-falcons-title-success/

(1) (Reply)

What Happened To Your Firdt Bet Of The Year? / Power Of Nature / Fly Again Would Be Certain Resolutely Carrie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.