Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Help Needed - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Help Needed (633 Views)

Ibo To English Translation. Help Needed / Help Needed For My Motherless Twin Girls / Burtuntuna Story (and Others - Help Needed!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed by Gewezzy1(f): 4:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hi, please i need advice, while talking with my cousins, i was told that our grandfathers or forefathers, has like a household Deity they worship, but due to the fact that we all grown ups and our parents are Christians we were not told about all that. I further enquired from my uncle and he confirmed that most members that don't worship it do have issues or so. But am a Christian and i dunno if what he said is through. So my question is is it right to go back to our roots to appease the diety or just move on. Thanks
Re: Help Needed by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2017
It's a good thing you know now, you have to pray about it as a christain. Let me help you with a scenerio...

There is a family dat when they give birth to Twins, they are not allowed to take the babies home till after 2weeks. The family is known to have lots of twins if you check the family tree. It was then said that a man years ago took 2 daughters of his late sister in asylum but he maltreated those girls and even slept with them so the girls placed a curse on the man and the man happen to be their great great x great grandfather so everyone related to the man is cursed. So anybody under that family tree that gives birth to twins and takes the 2 child home before 2 weeks, one will die. So there are sumtin that have to be done to every member of the family becoz of the family curse.

Every family has theirs, some family hve children but no money probably sumtin their fore-father has done. Even us can do things dat can hunt our children, we hv 2be careful.

What I'll tell u is pray, u don't need 2do anytin.
Re: Help Needed by Gewezzy1(f): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
tobijoshua:
It's a good thing you know now, you have to pray about it as a christain. Let me help you with a scenerio...

There is a family dat when they give birth to Twins, they are not allowed to take the babies home till after 2weeks. The family is known to have lots of twins if you check the family tree. It was then said that a man years ago took 2 daughters of his late sister in asylum but he maltreated those girls and even slept with them so the girls placed a curse on the man and the man happen to be their great great x great grandfather so everyone related to the man is cursed. So anybody under that family tree that gives birth to twins and takes the 2 child home before 2 weeks, one will die. So there are sumtin that have to be done to every member of the family becoz of the family curse.

Every family has theirs, some family hve children but no money probably sumtin their fore-father has done. Even us can do things dat can hunt our children, we hv 2be careful.

What I'll tell u is pray, u don't need 2do anytin.
finally someone answered me, i made more enquiries and was told they just go to appreciate the diety once a year, even the ones that are Christians. Well i guess i would be prayerful.
Re: Help Needed by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
Gewezzy1:
finally someone answered me, i made more enquiries and was told they just go to appreciate the diety once a year, even the ones that are Christians. Well i guess i would be prayerful.

I saw your post on NYSC portal and stumble into this cheesy

There is a motive behind every deity, you see some family only few of them barely make it to their Year 45 and the few that make it through are the family members that stays in the village that still observe such deity or people that go back to their root to observe such or people that knows their God very well.

That's why someone need to be careful not to offend the wrong people and before you marry anybody or sleep with anybody, do your findings well.

Like what I heard someone said "Children should'nt play with dead things" meaning somethings should never be toyed with.

Prayer is the most important thing, after giving our life to Christ we are bound by his blood. No evil I mean no evil can overshadow us.

(1) (Reply)

Eyo Festival To Hold @ TBS, Lagos Today. See Rules To Obey - LASG / Reasons Why The Flag On American Military Uniforms Is Backwards / The Fraudulent And False Representation Of Igbo Spirituality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.