Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

The Resurrection Hope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Resurrection Hope (450 Views)

What Does The Resurrection Of Christ Signify To You As A Christian? / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / 10 Reasons To Accept The Resurrection Of Jesus As An Historical Fact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Resurrection Hope by naijaclinic: 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2016
I spent this weekend looking at the promised resurrection of the dead and found refreshed my understanding of what happens after death. Let me briefly share some summaries

1. Resuurection literally means raising up or standing up. The bible describes resurrection as the opposite of falling asleep in death.

Hosea 13:14 From the power of the Grave I will redeem them; From death I will recover them. Where are your stings, O Death? Where is your destructiveness, O Grave? Compassion will be concealed from my eyes.
See the beautiful promise!

2. The First real resurrection was that of Jesus. While others were resurrected before, they eventually died again. Jehovah performed the resurrection of Jesus into eternal, everlasting life. This resurrection furnishes us with the guarantee of a "better resurrection"

Ro 10:9 For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.

3. Jesus Christ will coordinate the resurrection of faithful humans.

Re 1:18 ...and the living one, and I became dead, but look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of the Grave.

4. Resurrection to heavenly life.
Jesus furnished to way for humans to be resurrected to heavenly life. After Jesus death, it became possible for humans to be resurrected to heavenly life in heaven. These Christ brothers share the same inheritance with Jesus. They are said to take part in the "first resurrection". For many professed christians today, this is where their understanding of resurrection ends.

Ro 6:5 If we have become united with him in the likeness of his death, we will certainly also be united with him in the likeness of his resurrection.

1Pe 1:3, 4 Praised be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,4to an incorruptible and undefiled and unfading inheritance. It is reserved in the heavens for you.

These ones go to are resurrected to heaven during Christ's presence, if they are still alive at Time Zero, they experience a "Rapture"

5. An earthly resurrection
Jehovah gradually reavealed understanding of this final thrilling aspect of resurrection. What will happen to millions who die without getting the opportunity to know God/ Christ? What will happen to Christians who are faithful but not part of Christ's brothers/First resurrection? The bible describes a massive emptying of Death and Grave so these ones can enjoy peaceful life in paradise.

THIS IS WHERE SPIRIT DIRECTED UNDERSTANDING IS NEEDED

Lu 23:42, 43 Then he said: “Jesus, remember me when you get into your Kingdom.”43And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

Ac 24:15 And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

Re 20:12, 13 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. But another scroll was opened; it is the scroll of life. The dead were judged out of those things written in the scrolls according to their deeds.13And the sea gave up the dead in it, and death and the Grave gave up the dead in them, and they were judged individually according to their deeds.

Trivia: WHY DID JESUS RESURRECT LAZARUS TO EARTH IF HE WAS ALREADY IN HEAVEN?

Answer: Lazarus wasn't in heaven, he was in the grave like other humans. However his dying before Jesus death would have denied him a heavenly resurrection. This is the reason John the Baptist will not "make heaven". (JOHN 11:11 11  Truly I say to you, among those born of women, there has not been raised up anyone greater than John the Baptist, but a lesser person in the Kingdom of the heavens is greater than he is)

Lazarus likely remained alive till Pentecost 33 CE and experienced the outpouring of the holy spirit before dying, this time with a prospect of life in heaven with Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Catholic Priest Sparks Controversy For Dancing With Masquerades / How To Make Christmas More Meaningful In Hardtimes / Only 144,000 In Heaven? Find Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.