Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,719 members, 7,851,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important (36353 Views)

Things You Should Remove From Your CV / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately / Things You Should Remove From Your Resume Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by paulo220(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2016
CV or no CV doesn't matter.... just be connected wit God and personalities.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by dammiecool(m): 8:05am On Nov 22, 2016
DrObum:
This CV matter, I agree with you though.
But one person go talk this one, another go talk another.
One day, na empty paper we go begin submit as CV
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by loomer: 8:05am On Nov 22, 2016
Leave all these things jare, who go hire you go hire you. Naija things too dey hard

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by haibe(m): 8:11am On Nov 22, 2016
U are wrong about the hobbies part
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 22, 2016
OP, I beg to differ on point 4, which says "Your hobbies :Listening to music, playing football, these are things that are guaranteed to bore your potential employer. There is no need for your hobbies to have an honourable mention on your CV. If your hobby is related to your job, it is okay to mention it during your oral interview. No need to dedicate space to talk about what you do with your spare time."

I have "Watching soccer, and Formula One enthusiast" listed as hobbies in my CV.

During the interview, we spoke at length about sports, while the HR looked on. Turns out the MD of the company I work with, also enjoys F1 also, though she prefers Nico Rosberg, while I prefer Lewis Hamilton.

Long story short, I've been working in the company for 3 years now, and have been promoted 3 times in 2 years.

For the record, my job description has NOTHING to do with Sports. smiley

You never can tell, someone in the interview panel may share one of your "weird and boring" hobbies, and that could land you a job.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Christaks(m): 8:15am On Nov 22, 2016
justino57:

https://www.naij.com/1047424-6-things-never-cv.html
I also learned....
One shldnt jst put the phone numbers of his/her referrees...instead, u shld put a place saying..'referrees contacts is available upon request'
Cuz the man said, no referre wld want to have his phone number flyin arnd diffrnt company and also no referree wld want to receive tons of phone calls....
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by ola4shaki: 8:16am On Nov 22, 2016
Nice one brs....
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by francisduru: 8:17am On Nov 22, 2016
Hobbies:- Doing cool
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by urahara(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2016
splenzard:
nice points Op.

this remind me of some years when I was typing a CV for a client and he wrote

Hobbies:- Jumping

I was like WTF! this isn't for Olympics bro

Lolzzz
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by mecksoncrown: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2016
DrObum:

Guy you are very funny ooo. My Belle grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by AbuSaad39(m): 8:36am On Nov 22, 2016
grin
DrObum:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 22, 2016
DrObum:

Haha Abi? But On A Serious Note. Its Better If It Looks Simple

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Naijabams(m): 9:00am On Nov 22, 2016
[url]bamsforum.com/movies[/url]
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by olalat(m): 9:05am On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=Stelvin101 post=51256638]Who still dey talk about CV for this present situation in Naija! Better hunger nova wire you that's why. You better get creative and hustle. Else! Education is becoming a scam in this country of ours. E ducation is not scam. Only that many youths orientation are warp. Getting educated is not compulsorily an access for you to secure white collar jobs. You can creat your own jobs by proffering solutions to certain societal problem. We are educated to solve problems not to nut ties alone.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by engrjacuzzi: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2016
lemme me go and delete my hobbies from my résumé mbok before its too late.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by queenfav(f): 9:21am On Nov 22, 2016
Thank God my CV writing and submitting days are over..

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by 3mmyz(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2016
God bless this post! just what i needed to spice up my résumé.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Daboywizzy: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2016
Nice idea bro oo.. but i have Known Europass CV. if your passport aint there, forget that Job, Forget that admission. :v #Justsaying
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Taku555(m): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2016
KingRex1:

Lol

Well OP, sometimes hobby can come in handy. Especially where it relates to the job in question.
are you blind in spirit? He has said that already
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by BAVOSKI(m): 10:07am On Nov 22, 2016
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 22, 2016
Religion is also not relevant if not specified by employer.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by PETUK(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2016
justino57:

thanks, now i know why i'm still jobless,
Cos my my number hobby is a Mouth Action
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by iykofias(m): 11:19am On Nov 22, 2016
@ MsDelilah put a fella through, cnt holdup in ds street any longa
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by zemidinak(m): 12:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by MsFaith: 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
Thanks op
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by MVLOX(m): 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nid to re-edit my previous jabs den
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 3:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
But op .. What if I don't have a job experience . Like I've not worked anywhere . Do you rather I include nothing there .. Or I just include someplace just to give them the impression I've experience .. Fyi .. Not all check about your background st places you've worked before
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by trendyprettygir: 3:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
justino57:

Actually number 2, 3 and 6 are not entirely true.

You might decide to take away that last place of work. However; if that period is quite a long gap, a smart recruiter should question what you did during that period and if you cannot answer, that's a sure sincere of something fishy and you might be investigated and this is quite easy - Number 2.

I once did a CV for someone in a different country and i wondered what could be the reason for including her passport photograph till i read that candidates actually stand a greater chance of being recruited with your passport photograph on their CV. They are also cases where you might actually need to put your passport especially if you are sending it to someone who might want to recognize its your CV.

Especially if you are a fresher, there is actually nothing like an irrelevant job. Volunteering experiences, Odd jobs done during your university should be included in your CV. number 6.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Officute(f): 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
DrObum:

lol..Me Sef Don Tire cheesy
DrObum:

lol..Me Sef Don Tire

1 Like

Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by butanep(m): 6:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
I need information from someone working with pan-ocean oil company.
Re: 6 Things You Must Remove From Your Cv Very Important by Blessing97(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2019
grin
DrObum:
Lwkmd grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Abnormal Job Interview Responses / Chrisland University Massive Recruitment For Academic & Non-academic Staff(143) / MTN Increases Staff Salaries By 17%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.