Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Nancy Fx: How To - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nancy Fx: How To (1385 Views)

Build Java FX Material Design App With Jfoenix / Learn How To Build Java Fx And Java Swing Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nancy Fx: How To by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
Please does anyone has any idea on how integrate Nancy fx (www.nancyfx.org) with a database, preferably, Sqlite

I'm stuck right here and now on this..... (09:50pm)
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by kudaisi(m): 12:33am On Nov 22, 2016
Your question is a little bit confusing. Do you know how to use nancyfx ? Do you know how to read data from sqlite in .Net ? Answering this question will shed more light on how to help you.
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 22, 2016
I have no problem using nancy self host and i'm good @ System.Data.Sqlite. Most of online tutorials uses MongoDb, which is an overkill for me now.....so can you help me??
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by kudaisi(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Note that I first of heard NancyFX from you (i.e last night). But the documentation is quite straight-forward. I was able to code a simple CRUD over the night using NHIbernate ORM with SQLite, I don't know if that will help. Another option is share the link to the sample in mongodb. I might be able to give some pointers or modify it to suit you need in my spare time.

In my opinion though, if the service is going to be transferring data in JSON format then MongoDB might not be an overkill since mongo is already a JSON friendly database.
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
kudaisi:
Note that I first of heard NancyFX from you (i.e last night). But the documentation is quite straight-forward. I was able to code a simple CRUD over the night using NHIbernate ORM with SQLite, I don't know if that will help. Another option is share the link to the sample in mongodb. I might be able to give some pointers or modify it to suit you need in my spare time.

In my opinion though, if the service is going to be transferring data in JSON format then MongoDB might not be an overkill since mongo is already a JSON friendly database.

here is the link:

https://blog.csainty.com/2011/11/tutorial-nancy-mongodb-appharbor.html

just that i don't want download any file now (mongodb), that's why i see it as an overkill......

again, can you post the solution you worked on, on your github account so that i can download and read the src?
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by kudaisi(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sorry this is coming late, I hope it can still help. I didn't finish the implementation (tried re-code at fresh without NHibernate) but went as far as time permitted. My hands a tied at the moment. But I believe if you go through the sample you should get a better understanding. Will try to round it up soonest (if you still need me to).

https://yemikudaisi@bitbucket.org/yemikudaisi/nancyfx-crud-sample.git

Oh!, I tend to use Domain-Driven Pattern a lot so don't mind the overkill (models, repositories, factories......)
Happy Coding!!!
Re: Nancy Fx: How To by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 23, 2016
Alright....i'll check it out. Again, thanks for helping.

(1) (Reply)

A Programmer/web Developer Needed Urgently / Webmasters Pls I Need Your Urgent Help. On Creating Html Emails / Creating A Scratch Card Verification System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.