Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,502 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City (2234 Views)

Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name / Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers / Breaking: Messi Signs New Barcelona Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 22, 2016
LIONEL MESSI TO MAN CITY.
It sounds ridiculous… but it could be on the cards. Barcelona's little genius has been linked with a move to the Etihad ever since his mentor, Pep Guardiola, first joined the Manchester club. However, as reported by Mirror Football, City are now actually starting to put together a potential move for the world's greatest footballer.
An incredible £100million move, which would see Messi paid a remarkable £500,000-per-week.
So, what can the world expect if Messi really does join Man City next summer? Well…
1. Man City will instantly be tipped to win the Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League, Grand National and Eurovision Song Contest.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 22, 2016
2. There will be approximately 107,572 HILARIOUS tweets about how we will now, finally find out if Messi can do it on a wet Wednesday night at Stoke.
And every single one of them will be tweeted by someone thinking they're the first, very clever person to make the joke.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 22, 2016
3. Pep Guardiola statue outside The Etihad will become an inevitability.

Forget league titles and European success. If Pep becomes the man who brought the world's greatest footballer to Manchester, City fans will forever worship the ground he walks on.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2016
4. Man United fans will all need to come off social media for a little while.

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 22, 2016
5. Jose Mourinho's initial reaction of shock and horror…

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Adamsdelrio(m): 9:29am On Nov 22, 2016
I can't stop laughing oooo.... If Mercy (Sorry Messi) is that good, why didn't he give Argentina world cup and Copa America when they got to the final of both competitions? He will be very lucky if England defenders don't give him 6 months injury in his first season.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 22, 2016
6. …will quickly morph into resentment, disgust and bitterness.

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Rockyrascal(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2016
At 28, the footballing world shouldn't expect much from him.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 22, 2016
7. One bookmaker will offer odds on how long it will take Messi to beat Alan Shearer's record of 260 Premier League goals.
This despite the fact Messi will be 30 before he makes his first Premier League appearance, and would therefore probably need to score at least 80 league goals a season.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by lomprico(m): 9:46am On Nov 22, 2016
Is d league between man u and man city alone?
Why pick on the greatest club in uk history? angry

Anyway, haters' gonna hate! GGMU!
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2016
8. A Cristiano Ronaldo return to Man United will suddenly seem a lot more likely.
"How dare you, Leo! The Premier League is MY domain! That will forever be a land conquered by ME!
"I'm not simply going to sit back and watch as you go to England and surpass my achievements. Someone get me Jose on the phone - now!"

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2016
9. Arsenal fans will start to quiver with fear…
…and demand that Arsene Wenger makes a huge, mega, marquee signing in response to the Messi deal.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Edwinmason(m): 10:10am On Nov 22, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
I can't stop laughing oooo.... If Mercy (Sorry Messi) is that good, why didn't he give Argentina world cup and Copa America when they got to the final of both competitions? He will be very lucky if England defenders don't give him 6 months injury in his first season.
you have spoken the minds of the elders
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 10:11am On Nov 22, 2016
10. After being linked with Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal will sign…
Jamie Vardy.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2016
if messi comes to england.. he will know that there is a different between Egbe(gun) and Egbe(eagle)...

ask zlatan ,pogba, guardioala,

EPL is not a league to fvck with..

we have like 6 title chasers in EPL unlike laliga where we have barca and real Madrid and maybe atletico..

I dare him to come to england and taste a different kind of footbal

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
is Messi the entire team of Argentina. ?
Aren't there other players ?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Adamsdelrio(m): 11:33am On Nov 22, 2016
Rjasan:
is Messi the entire team of Argentina. ?
Aren't there other players ?
Oga Ade, please read what the OP wrote about Messi....
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nickizoe(f): 11:43am On Nov 22, 2016
cheesy
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nickizoe(f): 11:45am On Nov 22, 2016
He couldn't score at Argentina because wasn't feeding him with Ball.. like Neymer and suarez
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nickizoe(f): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2016
He couldn't score at Argentina because the players wasn't feeding him with Ball.. like Neymer and suarez

1 Like

Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Mustack: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oreoo:
10. After being linked with Luis Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Arsenal will sign…
Jamie Vardy.
bad man
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
He will be very lucky if England defenders don't give him 6 months injury in his first season.

But Messi has scored 17 goals in 15 matches against EPL teams and he was never injured. So how come?
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nickizoe:
He couldn't score at Argentina because the players wasn't feeding him with Ball.. like Neymer and suarez

But Messi is Argentina's all time top scorer nahh.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
krattoss:
if messi comes to england.. he will know that there is a different between Egbe(gun) and Egbe(eagle)...

ask zlatan ,pogba, guardioala,

EPL is not a league to fvck with..

we have like 6 title chasers in EPL unlike laliga where we have barca and real Madrid and maybe atletico..

I dare him to come to england and taste a different kind of footbal

If Aguero can be score goals in Man City and he's a La liga product, Messi will do more at Man City because he is a better player.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nickizoe(f): 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2016
yeah...yet he couldn't deliver
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Adamsdelrio(m): 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
TRendlona:

But Messi has scored 17 goals in 15 matches against EPL teams and he was never injured. So how come?
See you ooo.... We are talking about Premier league, you are talking about Champions league. The frequency and consistency are missing here bro.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
TRendlona:

If Aguero can be score goals in Man City and he's a La liga product, Messi will do more at Man City because he is a better player.
aguero doesn't shine every season unlike messi that shines season after season..

aguero doesn't score like 30 goals in a season unlike messi that scores more than 35 goals in a particular season..

then I dare messi to come to england and prove people like me wrong..
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
krattoss:
aguero doesn't shine every season unlike messi that shines season after season..

aguero doesn't score like 30 goals in a season unlike messi that scores more than 35 goals in a particular season..

then I dare messi to come to england and prove people like me wrong..

Haven't you seen Messi's performance against English teams? If you put the entire Barca squad in EPL, Messi will even do more.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 22, 2016
Adamsdelrio:
See you ooo.... We are talking about Premier league, you are talking about Champions league. The frequency and consistency are missing here bro.

It doesn't mean. Everything is stil football.
Which team in EPL has a stronger defence than Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid?
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
TRendlona:

Haven't you seen Messi's performance against English teams? If you put the entire Barca squad in EPL, Messi will even do more.
champions league and EPL ain't the same broo..

take Tottenham as a case study.. doing great in EPL but badly at ucl..

if messi comes to england and performs better.. I will then duff my cap for him..

why haven't ibra scored galore of goals as he used to do for psg..

forgoten di maria?

guardiola.. are EPL clubs not giving him a run for his money unlike when he was at Dortmund and barca?

what of overhyped pogba..

but then I need him to prove some doubters like me wrong..
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
krattoss:
champions league and EPL ain't the same broo..

take Tottenham as a case study.. doing great in EPL but badly at ucl..

if messi comes to england and performs better.. I will then duff my cap for him..

why haven't ibra scored galore of goals as he used to do for psg..

forgoten di maria?

guardiola.. are EPL clubs not giving him a run for his money unlike when he was at Dortmund and barca?

what of overhyped pogba..

but then I need him to prove some doubters like me wrong..

How about Diego Costa, Ozil, Fabregas, Sanchez, Aguero, Yaya Toure, David Silva etc. All these guys came from La Liga.
Re: 10 Things That Will Happen If Messi Signs For Man City by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
TRendlona:

How about Diego Costa, Ozil, Fabregas, Sanchez, Aguero, Yaya Toure, David Silva etc. All these guys came from La Liga.
guy obviously u don't have a case..

next!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Reveals One Of The World's Toughest Defenders / List Of Sports Club In Nigeria / >have Decided To Post Today Fixed Matches Free. Kicksoff 6:00pm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.