Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

Nigeria Will Lead World Music - Jidenna - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria Will Lead World Music - Jidenna (415 Views)

Davido’s “assurance Falz’s “this Is Nigeria” Lead Nigerian Songs Released In May / LYRICS: Major Lazer Ft Nasty C, Ice Prince, Patoranking & Jidenna – Particula / Davido Ft Wale Ft Olamide Three Yoruba Boys Trynna Change The World Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Lead World Music - Jidenna by ceomike(m): 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
Nigerian-born, American singer, Jidenna believes the time has come for Nigeria music to rule the world.

Speaking to CNN, Jidenna says it is now Africa's moment to dominate the world and confident, Nigeria will spearhead this process.

"I think it's Nigeria's moment, it's Africa's moment," he told CNN. "I think Nigeria is a spearhead because Nigerians seem to be charged full of character so people are eating it up all across the world."

"You've seen Alicia Keys and Swizz Beats and Drake, Chris Brown, Party Next Door...listening to Afrobeats as well."

The Grammy award nominee further discussed his reasons for promoting African culture, using Nigerian-pidgin in his newest album 'Long Live The Chief'.

"I wanted to see [if] in the US, I can get a song on the radio that actually has pidgin in it? And I did it," Jidenna said.

"That's the beautiful thing... [my album] you can dance and shoki to it, in the larger context my album blends the different worlds that I've lived in."

When asked if he was planning to work with local artistes, Jidenna revealed his love for Wizkid and Flavour.

"I've already been in the studio with Wizkid, I have plans to be in the studio with everyone I consider a bridge builder, the Davido's, the Tiwa Savage's," he said.

"I love Flavour's music, my fellow Igbo brother. So I would love to connect with everybody."

http://latestnews.com.ng/nigeria-will-lead-world-music-jidenna/
Re: Nigeria Will Lead World Music - Jidenna by liloelawwal(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
jide omo nna
Re: Nigeria Will Lead World Music - Jidenna by arosunshine(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2016

(1) (Reply)

& Chyna Baby / VIDEO: Chidinma – For You / Prose - "Ogogoro" (prod By Prose)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.