Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Top 5 Uses Of Character Chart - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 5 Uses Of Character Chart (369 Views)

An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me / Can You Introduce A Character From Your Stories? / Build Your Stories Character With This Chart: General Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Uses Of Character Chart by Divepen1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
The character chart is a chart which is used to build that perfect character.
let’s check it’s uses.

1. connection: It helps writers connect to their protagonists, antagonists and all character of their story. J.K Rowling knew so much about Harry Potter that she wrote seven books about him.

2.Twist: It helps you to know the turn and twist you would give your character.

3.Length: It effectively helps elongate the story. For example, in the book Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, you would discover that, when Kambili’s sullen demeanour was discussed many pages were used just to make people see how she behaves.
J.K Rowling knew so much about Harry Potter that she wrote seven books about him.

4. It prevents sloppiness: I.e. you already have the information of your character at hand and would make little or no mistake. How will you feel after finishing a story about a boy who just lost his mother and you discovered you have told us in the story that he was an orphan.

It reduces misinformation: It helps you prevent misinformation. There are some vital information, which if missed at a certain point would reduce the quality of the story you are writing.

https://olofoforeview./2016/11/22/top-use-of-character-charts/

(1) (Reply)

I’ve Destroyed My US Green Card, Says Soyinka / Youthful You Making A Difference / I Am Mad (a Nairalander's Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.