Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer (689 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's Gone , Diezani Needs Prayer- How Would You Pray / Our Nation Needs Prayer! / Afterlife Experience- Kkk Teen Reveals That Jesus Is Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Star77(f): 8:47pm On Nov 05, 2009
Hi Nairalanders,

Just wanted to ask the Christians among you to please join me in praying for a young Christian woman in the States called Rifqa Bary. Some of you might be familiar with her story. For those of you who are not you can google it or check it out on cnn.com.

Briefly, Rifqa is a teenager from a Sri Lankan Muslim family. She converted to Christianity some years ago and has been keeping it a secret from her family. Members of her local Mosque found out and her father was informed. According to Rifqa her father threatened to kill her if she remains a Christian and he is under pressure from members of his Mosque to do something about Rifqa's conversion. She ran away from Ohio to a Pastor and his family in Florida. Anyway the case got drawn out with her father denying he ever threatened her and stuff. It was basically his word against her. Now the court has found that as there is no evidence of her father doing anything wrong they are returning her to Ohio (where her family live) until the issue gets sorted.

Please join me in praying for this teen, her story weighs very heavy on my heart and I believe God's will will be done in Rifqa's life. You can read the latest about Rifqa's case at this link

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/27/muslim.convert/index.html

Thank you.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by manmustwac(m): 9:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
@post
if her parents were christian and she had converted from christianity to islam would u as a christian still start this topic asking us to pray for her?
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 05, 2009
^^^^^

Just [size=14pt]wanted to ask the Christians among you [/size] to please join me in praying

its purely voluntary and no one is under any obligation, unless I'm missing something here?

Do Nigerians have a problem with freedom of speech and personal choices?

Does the phrase "Christians among you" refer to non-Christians?
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by manmustwac(m): 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Unknown
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2009
manmustwac:

@post
if her parents were christian and she had converted from christianity to islam would u as a christian still start this topic asking us to pray for her?

What has this got to do with the topic?
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2009
manmustwac:

Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

Unknown

This thread is an invite to CHRISTIANS to pray . . . its shocking that we have mods with no sense of decorum who feel they can just gatecrash predominantly christian threads because they disagree with its teachings.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Abuzola(m): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2009
'on the day when every person will be confronted with all the good he has done and all the evil he has done, he will wish that there were a great distance between him and his evil.

And Allah warns yot against Himself (Punishment) and Allah is full of kindness to His slaves' Quran 3:30
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by manmustwac(m): 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2009
davidylan:

What has this got to do with the topic?
I just want to know whether the poster would be so concerned about the girl's life if the roles had been reversed.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by manmustwac(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
davidylan:

This thread is an invite to CHRISTIANS to pray . . . its shocking that we have mods with no sense of decorum who feel they can just gatecrash predominantly christian threads because they disagree with its teachings.
Am just expressing my own opinions. It would be better if the poster could organise people to sign a petition for the girls safety or picket her house. People praying for her in New Zealand or other parts of the world is not going to solve anything. Actions speaks louder than words. smiley
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 05, 2009
manmustwac:

I just want to know whether the poster would be so concerned about the girl's life if the roles had been reversed.

1. What is your motive for "knowing"? What business has a simple request with your own warped ideas?

2. You are not here to "know", this is simply another revulsive premeditated and unwarranted attack on the right of the poster to her religious beliefs. Would you post such stupidity if this had been a muslim asking for prayers?

manmustwac:

Am just expressing my own opinions. It would be better if the poster could organise people to sign a petition for the girls safety or picket her house. People praying for her in New Zealand or other parts of the world is not going to solve anything. Actions speaks louder than words. smiley

We dont care for your opinion . . . as a moderator you should know better than derailing threads with your atheist agenda.
Why do you care what method the OP chooses to petition for the girl's safety? What is your problem with her simple request for prayer? Was it addressed to you? Did you care about the Rifqa's plight until this thread came up?

If actions speak louder than words pls save your preaching for other threads where they are genuinely needed.

Who really made you a mod? You're a disgusting example of corruption of power.

this is not the first time you are abusing your power to attack the free and inalienable right of a christian to his/her own personal opinion.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2009
The only thing wrong with manmustwac's first post is that it came across as insensitive IMO but his questions were valid, I see nowhere where he says they should not pray, just offering a practical solution.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by Abuzola(m): 11:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
I concur with david, manmustwac shit is insolent
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by kolaxy(m): 1:32am On Nov 06, 2009
@ Davidylan

We dont care for your opinion . . . as a moderator you should know better than derailing threads with your atheist agenda.
Why do you care what method the OP chooses to petition for the girl's safety? What is your problem with her simple request for prayer? Was it addressed to you? Did you care about the Rifqa's plight until this thread came up?

If actions speak louder than words pls save your preaching for other threads where they are genuinely needed.

Who really made you a mod? You're a disgusting example of corruption of power.

this is not the first time you are abusing your power to attack the free and inalienable right of a christian to his/her own personal opinion.

Thanks
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by olabowale(m): 3:02am On Nov 06, 2009
Laa natUllahi alal Kafirin. her parents invited her to paradise, she wants to go to hell or christian heaven. i say let her go. after she fattened herself up with swine and weighs herself down with heavy cross, fire will get to her if she dies in disbelief.

i have hope for her since she is so young, still. considering my other began muslim at almost 80 years. anything is possible, yet on her.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by RichyBlacK(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2009
olabowale:

Laa natUllahi alal Kafirin. her parents invited her to paradise, she wants to go to hell or christian heaven. i say let her go. after she fattened herself up with swine and weighs herself down with heavy cross, fire will get to her if she dies in disbelief.

i have hope for her since she is so young, still. considering my other began muslim at almost 80 years. anything is possible, yet on her.

Whatever, just don't kill her or advocate that she be killed.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by jcross22: 11:52am On Nov 15, 2009
@olabowale, LOOK SHE IS AFRAID OF 72 GUYS TO Bleep HER AS YOUR ALLAH CLAIMED OKAY , SO LET HER GO TO CHRISTIAN PARADISE WHERE THERE IS WATER OF LIFE NOT YOURS WATER OF WINE AND THAT WILL ACCOUNT THAT THEY WILL BE ENOUGH BEER PARLOR IN ALLAH PARADISE. IS THAT SO?
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by BADLEE: 1:25pm On Nov 15, 2009
Thank god I am an Atheist.
Re: Runaway Christian Teen Needs Prayer by donjon: 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2009
I never knew that there were so many atheists in nigeria!
What about freethinkers?

(1) (Reply)

Love: Between Bible And Koran / How About If There Was A Remedy For Death? / What Is Wrong With Some So-called Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.