Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government (19937 Views)

We Have Enough FOREX, CBN Tells Investors / Disclosure Of Customer BVN Subject To Court Order, CBN Tells Banks / We Can’t Float Naira, Cbn Tells Imf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by remmyton(f): 12:14pm On Nov 23, 2016
Recession has brought sense and confidence to CBN governor, now he's bold and speaks the truth

7 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by teehay45(m): 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
It's quite unfortunate this is coming from the CBN.
Buhari and emefiele are hell bent on plunging Nigeria into depression.may God save us!

The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday admitted that its monetary policy tool has run out of options

2 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by drnoel: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2016
cricifixo:
Haha...... So even CBN is equally clueless. Ok continue

Guys its more like CBN (father) telling an unruly child (FG) I have done my best by u anything else happens its on ur head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2016
... Recession is no longer a mere number now. It is very real!

2 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by viktor01(m): 12:40pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm. I bekieve in miracle.

Exactly what happens when graduates decide to vote for a man with PHCN bill as certificate.

Hahahahahahaha. You ain't going anywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by mrsfavour(f): 12:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
teebillz:
Buhari and his legion of economic neophytes have no clue on how to turn around to fortune of this country. The earlier we call for their resignation the better for us.
Good ! i have been saying this. Its Just Obvious they cant and wont deliver. The Govt. should be impeached of incompentency pls,

2 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Emassive(m): 12:52pm On Nov 23, 2016
Fashola will have enough to steak and the likes of you and Ngige can share to your family. No Loan
PUSH1:
What policies are they talking about.
A country that cannot produce a pencil cannot start producing airplane over night.

Infrastructural development, Agriculture and power remains the key to economic growth in Nigeria. Let's not deceive ourselves.

I support PMB $29B loan request.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Miles300: 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
What is the work of the ministry of finance ?

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by clemmonce(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
i just sat down recently and gave a deep thought to the situation we have found ourselves. Can someone tell me what do you expect a man who is just a secondary school leaver to do ? atleast lets agree he went to school. The highest we know he attended was secondary school. What do we expect him to do ? Do you know a full illetrate is better than a semi illetrate. Semi illetrate are very stubborn they dont angry they dont know. And i think we are in a deep mess with buhari. As Nigerians we fu.cked up voting him. Sit and think about what do you expect a president who is an illetrate to do and i former military man for that matter. We mess up jare

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Miles300: 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
teehay45:
It's quite unfortunate this is coming from the CBN.
Buhari and emefiele are hell bent on plunging Nigeria into depression.may God save us!

The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday admitted that its monetary policy tool has run out of options
Mr corruption is not making them do they work , why do u think in western world , they declare all there Apex bank independent from Government interference ... Who restricted fx in the first place , Buhari !! Yes . And Cbn carried out the order

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by mrsfavour(f): 1:04pm On Nov 23, 2016
OnichaIgbo:
"Baba we are solidly behind you, we know it's not an easy task trying to clear the mess of PDP 16yrs of misrule"- Zombies

Only Afonja/yellowbar Muslims/ Almajiris still credit Nigeria economic woes to GEJ.
It looks like u are the only one still supporting this Govt ? Are u not tired ?

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Eddodoh(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
I am tired of this excuse and blame game. Check Here For Your Casual Sneakers

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Ambassadors: 1:11pm On Nov 23, 2016
Atiku2019:
Dear CBN We don't have a Federal Government

#Atiku2019

I see the call for Atiku 2019 as pure madness. U need to have your brains checked.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by CosmicJames(m): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2016
Splashme:
[size=14pt]Hahaha . . . even CBN is tired of this brainless president
running a govt with no economic direction

Honestly, how did Nigeria end up with this
man as it's president?
[/size]
Honestly its very horrible what we are passing through in the hand of this govt. But we all deserve it because we wanted change and we are getting it right now.

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by OLUJAY4REAL: 1:44pm On Nov 23, 2016
Adebaba1:
What do u expect wen u have a fool as the head of cbn....will all this have happened if sanusi or soludo is there

Please read the post before making comment. The post has alleged that the FG has not been making the right fiscal plocies to align with the monetary policies of the CBN in order to move the country out of recession. It is just a warning against the impending economic depression. With FGN not paying contractors, the State and Local Govts owings salaries the economy may remain starved of fund.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by richard870(m): 2:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
PUSH1:
What policies are they talking about.
A country that cannot produce a pencil cannot start producing airplane over night.

Infrastructural development, Agriculture and power remains the key to economic growth in Nigeria. Let's not deceive ourselves.

I support PMB $29B loan request.
eed-iot!
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by AreaFada2: 2:28pm On Nov 23, 2016
Miles300:
What is the work of the ministry of finance ?

Which ministry? The one they put that girl with phonair??

Hahahaha! You think FM is a place for rookies?

We have no finance ministry or economic team at the moment.

We are literally on own own. Jungle don cast. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by awa(m): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
I noticed everyone is becoming member of Wailers Association of Nigeria - WAN.
This is indeed historic, from Aisha to CBN now. Soon Godwin would resign if he wants to remain relevant in future.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by delvinmaya(m): 5:39pm On Nov 23, 2016
link2ok:
Let's stop talking about 2019 because it's a long time from now and if nothing is done about the present economic woes how then do we get to 2019.

We have to channel our fight to the fact that nepotism is killing us as nation, you don't have to be brilliant to lead a nation but the most important tin is working with the best of brains then sit down and enjoy the glory that comes from there work.

We can't remove the president because he has to complete his required 4 years but there need t be a serious overhauling in all the ministries.

Ogbeni, why do we now have impeachment if not to remove a sitting president. Causes for impeachment if you ask me, a padded budget, a flagrant disregard for rule of law and serious Human Rights violations to mention a few
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by uboma(m): 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
AreaFada2:

Which ministry? The one they put that girl with phonair??

Hahahaha! You think FM is a place for rookies?

We have no finance ministry or economic team at the moment.

We are literally on own own. Jungle don cast. grin cheesy

Kemi Adeosun once denied that Nigeria is in recession. According to her, recession is only a word.....

And Emiefiele waited till the 11th hour to sound the warning that revival of the economy rests solely on the fiscal policies by the FG. Why was this warning not sounded well in advance?

And our FG, as clueless as they have always been, will continue to blame the past govts for its failure to revive the economy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by stuhporh: 6:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
It's pretty funny how everyone has become the solution to Nigerian economy. But must you resolve to insult, abuse, name calling before making your point. Most comments on this thread are either about dullard, or body odor or something. There is no one with solution, so why don't you take out the name calling and complain and rant as much as we want. Buhari is everything we blame. I wonder what the lawmakers are doing to provide policies that propels jobs, support small business owners.
This policies are major drivers of any economy because they actually enable and empower the will of the citizens to strive and work. And in turn improves the economy

I have said this time and time again, yes electricity is the number one thing, but when China was in this situation, it was the citizens that ended up doing a lot for their counttry not the other way round. I am disappointed in the app administration to a fault. But I vote for our self re-orientation and rededication. Let's get the senators to do their jobs and we will get what we want as a country.

As far as am concerned, there are too much job opportunities in this country for joblessness to be a in an all time high. Before you abuse me, plus ask me why first of all.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by link2ok(m): 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
delvinmaya:

Ogbeni, why do we now have impeachment if not to remove a sitting president. Causes for impeachment if you ask me, a padded budget, a flagrant disregard for rule of law and serious Human Rights violations to mention a few

Chief we are on the same page. But with there violations to the rule of law how do you expect that trival bigot to b impeached.

And what does Ogbeni mean? You can strike a convo in a matured manner
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by buffalowings: 6:32pm On Nov 23, 2016
Splashme:
Our empty-skull president thought propaganda will run the govt for him.
Instead of fortifying his economic team he chose to ridiculously expand his legion of media aides.

1) Special Adviser on Media and Publicity . . . . . . . . . Femi Adesina

2) Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity . . . . . . .Malam Garba Shehu

3) Special Assistant on Digital and New Media . . . . . . . Tolu Ogunlesi

4) Personal Assistant on Broadcast Media . . . . . .Shaaban Ibrahim Sharada

5) Personal Assistant on New Media . . . . . .Bashir Ahmad.

6) Personal Assistant on Social Media . . . . . Lauretta Onochie

7) Minister of Information . . . . . . .Lai Muhammed

9) Special Assistant on Photography . . . . . . Sunday Aghaeze

10) Assistant Special Assistant on Photography . . . . . . Bayo Omoboriowo

The list is endless

Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Sunmolar(m): 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sir,
Apex bank running out of ideas,hmmm.I wouldn't be made a square peg in a round hole by anyone.my resignation letter.
Thanks for the opportunity to serve.

Yours faithfully,
Sunmolar.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by chigoizie7(m): 6:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
Gbagam!!!!!!

I have been saying this for a long time now.

Just the other day, lai mohamed said that social media is a pain in the ass for them. (they think propaganda can run a government? ).

Now this.

Some people a getting back their senses.

My only bitterness is that we are all suffering from the foolishness of others.

How could u justify the fact that our president does not have a certificate? (if he had one, they wouldn't have gone to court to secure an injunction to stop the probe, he would have simply show the whole world that he had one) what's the big deal in just going under ur bed, bring out the piece of paper and show it to the press or national TV? Nope, instead they went to court.

Well, my 2nd hapiness is that we are in this together, and that I am taking advantage of this uselessness to get more money ( ana adiro mma bu uru ndi nze).
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by DonMekino(m): 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2016
do u think d Daura general understands wat is fiscal and monetary policies
Tell him about kwaraption, fura nunu and cows...it's like telling lala smth without snake in it...
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by teehay45(m): 7:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
Miles300:
Mr corruption is not making them do they work , why do u think in western world , they declare all there Apex bank independent from Government interference ... Who restricted fx in the first place , Buhari !! Yes . And Cbn carried out the order
agreed! as much as we blame emefiele 4 d bad policies. He has not been given a free room to perform his fxns
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Caseless: 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
Sack emiefele already.
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:03pm On Nov 23, 2016
the CBN governor needs a good sleep
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2016
“Outside good economic policies, of fundamental importance is the need to moderate the tone of governance from the current perception of division, acrimony and negativity to that of hope, unity and prosperity,” said Dr Ngwu

Ipob Yewts?? No undecided
Truth is very bitter!
Re: Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government by Khez: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2016
FOOLISH EMEFILE

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Sure Ways To Earn Passive Income In Nigeria - Nigerianonlinebusiness / Pls How Reliable Is MMM Nigeria / Recession: Bread, Biscuits, Others Prices To Go Up By 15% – AMBCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.