Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

I Need A Car For My Parents - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need A Car For My Parents (3214 Views)

Importance Of Having A Car Tracker In You Vehicle / Daewoo Matiz 2003 Car For Sale / I Need A Car For My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 9:49am On Nov 23, 2016
Please my people, my people. this is my first time of ever creating a thread & so this shows how important this is to me.. i have alwayz dreamt of buying my parents a car(they 've never had any) & this DEC. wld b a perfect time to gift them one as a wedding anniversary present, but unfortunately I've got only 300k home & abroad... in fact something happened sometime in September to make me want to buy a car for them more than ever. I travelled home to join them to attend a cousin's traditional marriage in another town, I asked them how they intend to go there, they told me an uncle of mine said he wil b attending as well, so they wld b joining him in his car.. on the said, I, my parents & I another cousin got to my uncle's place, d mother said that d car can't take everyone. I looked at d car, it was a jeep(didn't bother knowing d name) & it was 8 seaters that cld actually take extra one person or even 2.. we were not even up to 8, we were 7, but she insisted that my other cousin shld go back(she bn d youngest)..when my mum tried to plead, my dear she was given d insult of her life & asked to go get her own car, so she can carry anyone she wants to carry..tears welled up in my eyes & I vowed again to get them a car this year(meanwhile, that wasn't the first time they were insulted,but don't wanna go into all that).

now this money is all I hv got & the year is fast running out, & I still want to make this dream come through, so please, if there is any one that has a good car to sell or knows anyone that wants to sell for that amount, please let me know... Or anyone that wants to gift my parents a car for their anniversary, my dear, it's will be appreciated.. Lol.

anyways, please scammers stay off, I beg u in d name of God, I'm just a young woman working hard to make ends meet(if I told how long it took to save up this u won't believ it & I'm not even spending on myself, if u know what I mean)..but I don't mind spending everything on my parents, they deserve the best, in fact they deserve 'tear rubber' but as I no get d money for 'tear rubber', how I for do.

so please holla, if u have a good & easy to maintain car for that amount...

thank u & thank u..

forgive my long epistle upon 300k car, biko. gracias

plz I'm in Abuja

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by project8(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2016
mayb u shud look for a golf 3 salon.maintenance kinda cheap n mayb within ur budget.m not a car dealer though.goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by buchilino(m): 1:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
WITH 300K, U CAN BUY A GOOD HONDA CIVIC 1999 MODEL. IT'S VERY CHEAP 2 MAINTAINING.
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by YoungDaddyB: 1:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
Such a nice gesture, I feel like you're parents will say they don't want it because they feel it will inconvenience you, but I think you should.
But my strong advice would be to get only manual transmission cars!!! For that price.
Automatic trnasmission cars at that price or so will give issues that will frustrate you and be slightly expeNsive from time to time.
Find a driving school that would teach both of them manual transmission. It will save you fuel, maintainance and repairs.

My suggestion.
1Golf 3 - 300k
2 Vento - 300k
3 Halla - 200- 250k
4 honda civic 1994-1997 - 250k
5 finally, Carina - 300k
I hope it helps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Ziggyblaze: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
i av an opel, automatic, engine very ok, first body but u nid to spray it coz d paint has faded. buy and drive. location zaria 250k last call me or watsapp me on 08037051979
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by nurey(m): 2:22pm On Nov 23, 2016
You have a good gesture but that budget is low. Buying a Nigerian used car isn't easy especially old cars. I hope you don't expect to spend the whole 300k for the purchase, there are certain maintenance and unexpected spending needed to be done.

My advice would be for you to keep your money and wait till you have enough to get something decent.

If you have friends who have cars, what you do next time in such situations is to tell 3 friends with car and do follow up, pay for fuel and they would be willing to drive you to the party, at least that's what my friends do and I always make time in my calendar to assist them even if it's interstate. Buying and taking care of a care isn't easy and the recession has even made things worse.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Kufie(m): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2016
nurey:
You have a good gesture but that budget is low. Buying a Nigerian used car isn't easy especially old cars. I hope you don't expect to spend the whole 300k for the purchase, there are certain maintenance and unexpected spending needed to be done.

My advice would be for you to keep your money and wait till you have enough to get something decent.

If you have friends who have cars, what you do next time in such situations is to tell 3 friends with car and do follow up, pay for fuel and they would be willing to drive you to the party, at least that's what my friends do and I always make time in my calendar to assist them even if it's interstate. Buying and taking care of a care isn't easy and the recession has even made things worse.

Well said nurey, well said!
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by AreaFada2: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2016
Awwwwww. Very touching story.
But my dear, I will advise you to wait. Gather up to about 500k or more. You might miss the December wedding anniversary but I know they will still appreciate it whenever you can next year.

Get them like a Toyota Camry that most mechanics can fix.

Maintenance is a major issue in 9ja. So do not buy just any car or brand. Do not put too much extra financial strain on them or yourself.

Very kind of you.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Exponental(m): 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
May God bless you with old age and children who will never make you feel the pains of old age.
Nice gesture!

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by sisqology(m): 7:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
Try to raise it up to 500k. For now, always stay close with them and she never they have an outing, pay for their uber.
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Gbengageorge: 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by uwagimboo: 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2016
Anybody wey go sell dead car give this good geh, no go see better oo..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by AvilaProjects(m): 5:13am On Nov 24, 2016
1dafullymade:
Please my people, my people. this is my first time of ever creating a thread & so this shows how important this is to me.. i have alwayz dreamt of buying my parents a car(they 've never had any) & this DEC. wld b a perfect time to gift them one as a wedding anniversary present, but unfortunately I've got only 300k home & abroad... in fact something happened sometime in September to make me want to buy a car for them more than ever. I travelled home to join them to attend a cousin's traditional marriage in another town, I asked them how they intend to go there, they told me an uncle of mine said he wil b attending as well, so they wld b joining him in his car.. on the said, I, my parents & I another cousin got to my uncle's place, d mother said that d car can't take everyone. I looked at d car, it was a jeep(didn't bother knowing d name) & it was 8 seaters that cld actually take extra one person or even 2.. we were not even up to 8, we were 7, but she insisted that my other cousin shld go back(she bn d youngest)..when my mum tried to plead, my dear she was given d insult of her life & asked to go get her own car, so she can carry anyone she wants to carry..tears welled up in my eyes & I vowed again to get them a car this year(meanwhile, that wasn't the first time they were insulted,but don't wanna go into all that).

now this money is all I hv got & the year is fast running out, & I still want to make this dream come through, so please, if there is any one that has a good car to sell or knows anyone that wants to sell for that amount, please let me know... Or anyone that wants to gift my parents a car for their anniversary, my dear, it's will be appreciated.. Lol.

anyways, please scammers stay off, I beg u in d name of God, I'm just a young woman working hard to make ends meet(if I told how long it took to save up this u won't believ it & I'm not even spending on myself, if u know what I mean)..but I don't mind spending everything on my parents, they deserve the best, in fact they deserve 'tear rubber' but as I no get d money for 'tear rubber', how I for do.

thank u & thank u..

plz I'm in Abuja

May the Lord bless you for the passion to provide mobility for your dearest parent. I have a 2001 Mercury Villager (Space Bus). Automatic Transmission. The car has been used only in Abuja since arrival from USA. Lagos Cleared. Registered in Abuja (private). Engine is perfectly Ok. And van is a seven passenger vehicle. Details below;
History of the Van

Make/Model; Mercury Villager

Manufactured; 2001

Brought from American Motors, USA

Clean Carfax Report

Lagos Cleared

Used in Abuja since arrival on Nigga soil

Mileage 162, 360

Serviced with Motorcraft 5w30 Synthetic Oil till date.

Vehicle always packed. As the owner work with an International NGO and he is not always around.

Van PASSED the Vehicle Inspection of FCT

Non Accident.

Please note, the A/C need servicing.

Call 08090885065

https://www.nairaland.com/3477245/space-bus-sale

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by divinelove(m): 6:40am On Nov 24, 2016
1dafullymade:

thank u & thank u..

plz I'm in Abuja

Dnt go and buy trouble for your aged parents. If u can't afford a toks suspend d idea for nw. Hire a taxi to take them to occasions once in a while for nw until u can afford a toks car.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by AgentGoat: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2016
AvilaProjects:

May the Lord bless you for the passion to provide mobility for your dearest parent. I have a 2001 Mercury Villager (Space Bus). Automatic Transmission. The car has been used only in Abuja since arrival from USA. Lagos Cleared. Registered in Abuja (private). Engine is perfectly Ok. And van is a seven passenger vehicle. Details below;
History of the Van

Manufactured; 2001

Clean Carfax Report

Lagos Cleared

Mileage 162, 360

Vehicle always packed. As the owner work with an International NGO and he is not always around.

Non Accident.

Call 08090885065, 07041909090

you go sell am for her 300k?
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by uwagimboo: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2016
AgentGoat:
you go sell am for her 300k?

If yes, fix the A/C for her as a good samaritan so that ur wayz on earth would be blessed.....

Cc: Avilaprojects
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2016
Good gesture. Buying a 300k car means buying a poor quality car. Which means you will spend more money on repairs, fuel etc. It's not enough to buy a car, maintenance is even more important. Forget about a car, you mean well but it's a liability. Buy them an insurance policy or something. By God's grace you will be well off in a few years and can afford a decent car and even money for any repairs that will come up.

I see people gifting cars to dependents. Most times, those dependents end up parking the car for lack of ability to keep the vehicle moving. A car is a necessity but for those who can afford it. In summary, it's a liability.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by AreaFada2: 12:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
Please car sellers, do not sell this young lady a lemon. Put yourself in her position. Money and profit is not everything.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 2:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
divinelove:

Dnt go and buy trouble for your aged parents. If u can't afford a toks suspend d idea for nw. Hire a taxi to take them to occasions once in a while for nw until u can afford a toks car.
thank u dear, my thot as well... just trying my luck cus a friend just got a Mercedes Benz for 180k from a 'distress seller'.. & it's in great shape .. thank u
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2016
AvilaProjects:

History of the Van

Manufactured; 2001

Clean Carfax Report

Lagos Cleared

Mileage 162, 360

Non Accident.

Call 08090885065, 07041909090

alright, will buzz u
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by mikepee(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2016
I saw your post and was deeply moved. I can promise you there cars you can buy for that price. Only that they will be old model (Japanese cars). If you were in Lagos I would have loved to show you a couple of cars that can travel to the east without issues. But I have a guy in Abuja who might help. Index motors- 08062942322
Please do not believe every post, kindly verify the individual with the juicest offer, or seemingly untrue offers.
Some cars may not have customs duty-trouble for you
Some cars have major damage, but look good on the outside...trouble for you.
Some people are out to exploit you, please use your discretion.

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by Deepfreezer(m): 3:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Deeply touched.

2 Likes

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2016
thank u all for your suggestions.. you all are appreciated... thank you & remain blessed
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 4:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
mikepee:
I saw your post and was deeply moved. I can promise you there cars you can buy for that price. Only that they will be old model (Japanese cars). If you were in Lagos I would have loved to show you a couple of cars that can travel to the east without issues. But I have a guy in Abuja who might help. Index motors- 08062942322
Please do not believe every post, kindly verify the individual with the juicest offer, or seemingly untrue offers.
Some cars may not have customs duty-trouble for you
Some cars have major damage, but look good on the outside...trouble for you.
Some people are out to exploit you, please use your discretion.
thank you so much sir, remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2016
[quote author=AreaFada2 post=51328826]Please car sellers, do not sell this young lady a lemon. Put yourself in her position. Money and profit is not everything.

God bless u sir
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
uwagimboo:
Anybody wey go sell dead car give this good geh, no go see better oo..

Amen dear, thank you

1 Like

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2016
YoungDaddyB:
Such a nice gesture, I feel like you're parents will say they don't want it because they feel it will inconvenience you, but I think you should.
But my strong advice would be to get only manual transmission cars!!! For that price.
Automatic trnasmission cars at that price or so will give issues that will frustrate you and be slightly expeNsive from time to time.
Find a driving school that would teach both of them manual transmission. It will save you fuel, maintainance and repairs.

My suggestion.
1Golf 3 - 300k
2 Vento - 300k
3 Halla - 200- 250k
4 honda civic 1994-1997 - 250k
5 finally, Carina - 300k
I hope it helps

it does sir, you are appreciated
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2016
Exponental:
May God bless you with old age and children who will never make you feel the pains of old age.
Nice gesture!

Amen! Amen!! & Amen!!! Thank you so much
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by lourash(m): 5:23pm On Nov 24, 2016
1dafullymade:

thank u & thank u..

plz I'm in Abuja

May God bless u for this thinking.
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by biosoftinc: 5:27pm On Nov 24, 2016
I have a honda bullet, auto transmission, buy and drive for 250 negotiable
I can get it to abuja if we are in agreement, u may link me with your acquaintance in Lagos.

Call 07062989680
Call me to send u pictures on whatsapp

Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 7:41pm On Nov 24, 2016
lourash:

May God bless u for this thinking.
bless you as well, thank you dear
Re: I Need A Car For My Parents by 1dafullymade(f): 7:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
biosoftinc:
I have a honda bullet, auto transmission, buy and drive for 250 negotiable
I can get it to abuja if we are in agreement, u may link me with your acquaintance in Lagos.

Call 07062989680
Call me to send u pictures on whatsapp

OK, thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Superb Toks Peogout 1007 06 @1m 08061311315 08028612026 / SOLD!! SOLD!! Tokunbo!!! 2008 Toyota Tacoma Abuja!! Available!! / Toks Toyota Camry 2008 @ 1.950million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.