Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How to prevent/delay the onset of Hypertension? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How to prevent/delay the onset of Hypertension? (277 Views)

Doctors Develop Procedures That Could Delay Menopause For 20 Years / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. / Delaying Onset Of HIV To AIDS; 3 Co-infections You Must Get Tested For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to prevent/delay the onset of Hypertension? by lekside11: 2:08pm On Nov 23, 2016
This article is for people who have a high risk of hypertension. These are people who have first-degree relatives with hypertension, adults who are 40 years and above, people who are overweight or obese and people who consume a high quantity of alcohol. This also includes people who consume a high level of alcohol and smoke. And lastly for those who are of African descent. I think I belong to one or two of these groups.
I forgot to add smoking, lack of exercise, sedentary lifestyle, an unhealthy diet including high salt intake and for women who had hypertension in pregnancy. See my article on "hypertension –Introduction".

So how do we prevent ourselves from developing hypertension?
First, let us identify our risks of developing hypertension. Some can be changed, others cannot be changed. The risk that can be changed are termed modifiable risk factor and those that can’t be changed are called non-modifiable risk factors.
For example factors like race, age, sex, family history of hypertension cannot be changed in the same way we cannot change our biological parents. – So, these risks are non-modifiable.
For modifiable risk factors, changing these has been shown to delay the onset of hypertension.
Although we may not be able to totally prevent hypertension in some people, can delay the onset which is a form of partial prevention.

read more on http://medicalinfosblog..com.ng/2016/11/how-to-preventdelay-onset-of.html

CC: Lalastical, Dominique front page material

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Depression, Anxiety & Mental Health / Http://checksupplement.com/vitaclara/ / Tiwa Savage Named Rotary Celebrity Ambassador For Polio Eradication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.