Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,662 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? (1799 Views)

List Of MIUI 12 Supported Device / Airtel Rolls Out 4G Service In Nigeria / Which Network Has The Best 4G Service In Lagos Currently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 4:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers?
I don't see the difference when using LTE cat 4 phones between LTE cat 6,9, 12 devices
May be the 4g service providers don't have it on there network. Correct if am wrong.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Answer please
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Perculiar: 5:34am On Nov 26, 2016
jesbu:
Answer please

jesbu please how can i remove the bootloader of my sprint phone. i want to debtand it. i'm not getting 4g signal
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Youngpo413: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2016
They don't even know the meaning cat talk less of 4,6....

1 Like

Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Dam5reey(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2016
jesbu:
Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers?
I don't see the difference when using LTE cat 4 phones between LTE cat 6,9, 12 devices
May be the 4g service providers don't have it on there network. Correct if am wrong.

The Cat number determine the Upload and download speed capacity, Cat 4 is the lowest and Cat 12 up to 600Mbps/150Mbps
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2016
Dam5reey:

The Cat number determine the Upload and download speed capacity, Cat 4 is the lowest and Cat 12 up to 600Mbps/150Mbps
What am now asking is,if our service provider has it installed on their network?
Because I have used a phone with Cat 4 and Galaxy note 5 with Cat 9 I must tell you I did not see any difference in download and upload speed.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Perculiar: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2016
Perculiar:

jesbu please how can i remove the bootloader of my sprint phone. i want to debtand it. i'm not getting 4g signal

jesbu please help a sister, any idea on how i can go about to un
brand my sprint s7 phone. please.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Dam5reey(m): 6:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
jesbu:

What am now asking is,if our service provider has it installed on their network?
Because I have used a phone with Cat 4 and Galaxy note 5 with Cat 9 I must tell you I did not see any difference in download and upload speed.

I have made it simple... Cat4 is basically 150/50Mbps... And cat 12 about 600Mbps/150Mbps

Until the network provider can provide 600Mbps.. you will see no difference

The highest I have seen in Nigeria is 80Mbps... So either you are using any cat 4 to 12... You will only get 80Mbps...

Maybe in 2020 grin

1 Like

Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 8:02pm On Nov 26, 2016
Perculiar:

jesbu please help a sister, any idea on how i can go about to un
brand my sprint s7 phone. please.
You can debrand it but you must root it for it to work and change the e signal to 4g . Have you heard of idone? Will send the site to you
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Perculiar: 8:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
jesbu:

You can debrand it but you must root it for it to work and change the e signal to 4g . Have you heard of idone? Will send the site to you

Thanks Bros, will be expecting the URL
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2016
Perculiar:

Thanks Bros, will be expecting the URL
http://idoneapps.com/
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by dukeo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2016
jesbu:

They may support it. For WCDMA we have 3G, HSDPA, HSPA+, they all have different speeds and the speed depends on the device you use it. For instance, if you use data with this regular universal modems, you will think HSPA+ don't exist but use data with a phone or modem that supports HSPA+ and you'll enjoy it. So I believe it is the same principle for 4G, device dependent. I've seen where they mentioned something like 4G+. NB: for the experts in the field, I stand corrected. Just sharing an opinion.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by jesbu(m): 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2016
dukeo:

They may support it. For WCDMA we have 3G, HSDPA, HSPA+, they all have different speeds and the speed depends on the device you use it. For instance, if you use data with this regular universal modems, you will think HSPA+ don't exist but use data with a phone or modem that supports HSPA+ and you'll enjoy it. So I believe it is the same principle for 4G, device dependent. I've seen where they mentioned something like 4G+. NB: for the experts in the field, I stand corrected. Just sharing an opinion.
I understand what you have said, I have with me mtn 4g and ntel 4g sim and I have so many phone because I sell phones . I have tested so many devices and the speed on this devices are the same be it cat 4 6 9 12. Am using Huawei mate 7 which has cat 6 but disable,if I turn it on(cat 6) my 4g Speed will decrease ,if I turn it off the speed wil increase.
The conclusion for me is that our service provider are just using ordinary 4g . They are cheating us
No 4g lte advanced in our country
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Youngpo413: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2016
dukeo:

all correct.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Youngpo413: 10:11pm On Nov 26, 2016
Not even up to 4G talk less of LTE, it's full H+.
Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by Dam5reey(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2016
jesbu:

I understand what you have said, I have with me mtn 4g and ntel 4g sim and I have so many phone because I sell phones . I have tested so many devices and the speed on this devices are the same be it cat 4 6 9 12. Am using Huawei mate 7 which has cat 6 but disable,if I turn it on(cat 6) my 4g Speed will decrease ,if I turn it off the speed wil increase.
The conclusion for me is that our service provider are just using ordinary 4g . They are cheating us
No 4g lte advanced in our country

Before nko... Any speed less than 100Mbps.. is not 4G...

LTE starts from 150Mbps.....

1 Like

Re: Is LTE Cat 4,6,9,12 Supported By Our 4G Service Providers? by edoairways: 9:25pm On Nov 10, 2020
Dam5reey:

I have made it simple... Cat4 is basically 150/50Mbps... And cat 12 about 600Mbps/150Mbps

Until the network provider can provide 600Mbps.. you will see no difference

The highest I have seen in Nigeria is 80Mbps... So either you are using any cat 4 to 12... You will only get 80Mbps...

Maybe in 2020 grin
Any change?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Mobile Up Against Samsung And Huawei For Mobile Phone Brand Of The Year. / Xiaomi Launched 2 Budget Phones Redmi Y1 And Redmi Y1 Lite / Free Internet In Cameroon MTN, Orange And Nexttel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.