Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp (967 Views)

What Every PCM Must Know Before Travelling To Camp / Soldier Brutalizes Edo Corper For Leaving Parade Ground During POP Rehearsals / 18 Tips You Should Know Before Leaving Home For CAMP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by adekhingz(m): 7:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Assalam alaykum

Dear Muslim PCM.

It's a thing of joy that some av been deployed after being able to print their call up letters. Atlast, You will be free again, free from frustration, idleness, joblessness, boredomness and the likes. To those whom NYSC stream 2 carry to January. Everything happens for a reason.

Alhamdulillah, buh note that the next phase is as challenging as where you are coming from. As a Muslim, we ought to be conscious of our steps.

This deen of ours is sincere advice, therefore permit me to remind you, few things in respect to the orientation camp. Allah, blessed, the most High says (interpretation of the meaning) " And remind (by preaching the Quran, O Muhammad Salallahu Alaihi Wasalam) for verily, the reminding profits the believers" Suratul Dhariyat ayah 55.

1. Accept your state of deployment in good faith : the probability of being deployed to any of the four states you chose is on the high side. I see no reason why you should redeploy except for an acceptable genuine cause.
Allah, blessed, the most High says (interpretation of the meaning) "Jihad (holy fighting in Allah's Cause) is ordained for you (Muslims) though you dislike it, *and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allah knows but you do not know."* Suratul Baqarah ayah 216.

2. Getting to Camp early is a shortcut to avoiding the stress of registration: this was the advise a brother gave me and it worked. There is no crime in trying it too buh the disadvantage is, drilling starts that day.

3. Avoid free-mixing as much as you can: it's a known fact that Islam prohibits intermingling of men and women in one place, crowding of them together , revealing and exposure of women to men for these are among the causes of Fitnah, arousing of desires and committing of indecencies and wrongdoings.
Allah, blessed, the most High says (interpretation of the meaning): "And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts." Suratul Ahzab ayah 53.

4. Lower your gaze and flee from Fitnah ; the orientation camp is a testing ground for you eeman.How strong are you in the absence of brethren who use to remind you to lower your gaze?Is it the fitnah of lass and lad wearing boxers that a conscious muslim can't wear outside? the white see-through clothes, d bumb-shorts, the thighs and laps or the non-challant attitude (I don't care or mind, na my Fatherland I come serve)
Allah, blessed, the most High says (interpretation of the meaning): "Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is All-Aware of what they do.

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like palms of hands or one eye or both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer dress like veil, gloves, head-cover, apron, etc.), and to draw their veils all over Juyubihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms, etc.) and not to reveal their adornment..." Suratul Nuur ayah 30-31.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (6243) and Muslim (2657) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) who said: “Allaah has decreed for the son of Adam his share of zina which will inevitably catch up with him. The zina of the eye is looking and the zina of the tongue is speaking. The heart wishes and longs and the private part confirms that or denies it.”and remember Allah warned us in Suratul Isra'a, not to move near Zinaa "And come not near to the unlawful sexual intercourse. Verily, it is a Fahishah [i.e. anything that transgresses its limits (a great sin)], and an evil way (that leads one to Hell unless Allah forgives him)" ayah 32.

4. Be watchful of what you say. Music is Haraam in Islam, but that of camp, may or may not have musical instruments. Just be diplomatic in adding base or hummmming.
"Abu Hurayrah relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak a good word or remain silent. Sahih Bukhari And Muslim."

5. Fear Allah and be in the company of the righteous.
"O you who believe! Be afraid of Allah, and be with those who are true (in words and deeds)." Suratul tawbah ayah 119

6. Remain steadfast on the correct belief and don't because of being in a strange land fall into sin, remember the witness is the Judge Himself.

7. Pictures of all kind still remains Haraam except in those cases of neccesity agreed upon by the scholars. 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Those who will be most severely punished by Allaah on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, see al-Fath, 10/382).

8. To our darling sisters, it's enough Fitnah to trade your khimar and Jelbaab for a three quarter and knee length Hijab, don't complicate it more by engaging in irrelevant activities.

This is just a few that time will permit me to write. I ask Allah to ease your affairs, guard and guide you aright.

Ameen!!!
courtesy: Brother ABDULAH tosin

2 Likes

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by mohsaaf: 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2016
very informative. jazakallahul khairi brother

1 Like

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by elega(f): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
Jazaaka-llaahu khairan. But one thing that has been bugging me is how possible is it for Muslims to pray at the fixed prayer times during the orientation. I ask because I hate combining salaat (except of course in very tight situations)? Kindly shed some light on this since u have been there.

4 Likes

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by mohsaaf: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
very important question

1 Like

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by alfarouq(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
I don't know if it applies to all states but during most camp activities, Muslims are allowed to go for their prayers but you have to work as one and be united, you have one anothers back and try to go for salat as soon as permission is granted, if you delay it and the time for the next activity begins, they might not want to allow you. Wish you a peaceful and joyful service filled with Allah's blessings and favors

1 Like

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by adekhingz(m): 9:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
amin. wa jazakkumullahu khayran to you my beloved brothers and sisters in Islam. The MCAN is a recognised Muslim body by the NYSC. We also have soldiers who are Muslims coming to train Corp members on camp. Prayer (as-salat) when its time for it is allowed for Corp members as long as the mosque is not turned into an hideout for lazy corpers (which musims are not).. ..the current batch A 2016 excos of the MCAN will be on camp to orientate the incoming batch B 2016....the time table of activities doesn't make provision for prayer time ( except jumat) but they won't stop you from going ( provided you are going in group).

1 Like

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by AideeSheks(m): 9:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
Jazakallahu khairan. This was really helpful

1 Like

Re: What A Muslim Pcm Must Know Brfore Leaving For Camp by daviddagreat: 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
Muslim corpers are not lazy
yea ryt

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Corp Member Serving In Kogi State Buried In Akwa Ibom / Pls When Will Be Batch A's Turn Next Year? / Please What Do I Do, NYSC Thumbprint Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.