Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack (2722 Views)

Nigerians Slam Chris Brown After He Posted A Goodluck Jonathan Meme / Karrueche's Bum Picture Bothers Chris Brown After Amber Rose Approves It / Chris Brown After Rihanna Interview, 'We'll Get Back Together'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by chosen04(f): 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2009
Rihanna regrets returning to Brown after attack

– Pop star Rihanna has said she was "wrong" to reconcile with boyfriend Chris Brown after he assaulted her, saying she did not want other victims of domestic abuse to follow her example.

In an interview broadcast on ABC's "Good Morning America", the Barbados-born singer said returning to Brown after he had bitten and scratched her during the attack had been a mistake which arose because she was "so far in love."

"That's embarrassing that that's the type of person that I fell in love with," the 21-year-old said in her first televised interview about the assault.

"So far in love. So unconditional that I went back. It's humiliating to say this happened. To accept that? It's a traumatizing experience."

"I stayed. I even went back after he beat me, which was wrong," she said. "But again, I'm a human being and people put me on a very unrealistic pedestal. And all these expectations, I'm not perfect."

R&B star Brown was sentenced to five years of probation and 180 days of community labor in August after pleading guilty to charges stemming from his brutal late-night attack in Los Angeles on the eve of the Grammy Awards.

Rihanna said she had decided to speak about the attack because she did not want other women to follow her example of returning to an abusive partner.

"It's completely normal to go back. It's not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know," the "Umbrella" singer said.

"When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn't be held responsible for going back.

"Even if Chris never hit me again, who is to say that their boyfriend won't? Who's to say that they won't kill these girls?" she said.

"These are young girls and I just didn't realize how much of an impact I had on these girls' lives until that happened."

Brown posted a video apology over the assault in July, begging forgiveness from fans for his "inexcusable behavior."

"I have told Rihanna countless times, and I'm telling you today, that I am truly, truly sorry that I wasn't able to handle the situation differently and better," he told fans.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091106/en_afp/entertainmentusmusicpeoplerihanna
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by chosen04(f): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2009
chosen04:

Rihanna regrets returning to Brown after attack

– Pop star Rihanna has said she was "wrong" to reconcile with boyfriend Chris Brown after he assaulted her, saying she did not want other victims of domestic abuse to follow her example.

In an interview broadcast on ABC's "Good Morning America", the Barbados-born singer said returning to Brown after he had bitten and scratched her during the attack had been a mistake which arose because she was "so far in love."

Rihanna said she had decided to speak about the attack because she did not want other women to follow her example of returning to an abusive partner.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091106/en_afp/entertainmentusmusicpeoplerihanna

I just wish other girls/guys will learn not to stay away from abusive partners
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by semid4lyfe(m): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
? ? ?
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by semid4lyfe(m): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2009
Foolish woman! You preach a better sermon with your life and actions than with your words.

So far in love ko, so near in hate ni. Yeye!
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by BoredAtWor: 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2009
is she back with chris brown ??
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Mies(m): 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2009
Rihanna has a horrible taste in "men" (little boys)
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by lindabon: 4:27am On Nov 08, 2009
^^^^^ no wonder she was beaten to a pulp. wad happened 2all d big boiz in d industry? no good chilling wid kids like CB.d r stil grabbing on their crouch and feeling that wat dier packing is d greatest invention of all times as well as the best thing that can eva happen to womenhood
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Mies(m): 8:23am On Nov 08, 2009
Yeah lol,  look at this fool:

Now look at Jay Z, this man has a fine lady by his side but he keeps his cool 24/7

[img]http://tashhunc.files./2009/07/beyonce-whisper-jay.jpg[/img]

There's a big difference between the little boys and the big ones. grin
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 08, 2009
9mths later and 2weeks to the release of her album, she decides to talk. Uhmmmmm She really went in on him and the interview looked so rehearsed to me. The interviewer was also so patronising, it was vomit inducing. They are both young and were equally abusive I just wish both parties would just stop using this to sell their pathetic albums.
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by KB1(m): 6:55pm On Nov 08, 2009
Oh, please that chick whipped up on Chris just as much as he did on her. Neither of them should of been hitting on the other. When is someone going to allow Chris to say his part in public?
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by mystikal(m): 1:05am On Nov 09, 2009
b s
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Outstrip(f): 3:39am On Nov 09, 2009
Chris Brown has been on Larry King. It doesn't get bigger than that. I don't know what you mean by when will he get a chance. He was also on MTV a few days ago. He has had time after time to say something but he has not. If Rihanna really hit him or even pinched him we would see a mark on that his high yellow skin. The guy just went postal that's all. When he gave his Larry King interview he said he did not remember the details of what happened and that when he read the police report he was shocked that he had injured her so badly. I was even calling him a liar but I was wrong because Rihanna actually said that when Chris Brown was hitting her she had looked at him and it felt like he was not there. I think he has not an anger problem but a RAGE problem. He needs a psychiatrist. A rage where you mentally blank out can lead to you killing someone.

KB1:

Oh, please that chick whipped up on Chris just as much as he did on her. Neither of them should of been hitting on the other. When is someone going to allow Chris to say his part in public?
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Pweety4me(f): 3:53am On Nov 09, 2009
@Post how i used 2 love rihanna wat a shame. . . sad
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Radiant(f): 4:02am On Nov 09, 2009
Whatever keeps the accounts smiling.
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Outstrip(f): 4:23am On Nov 09, 2009
RIHANNA AND CHRIS BROWN ARE NOT TOGETHER. She was referring to when she went back with him right after the incident and she is right. Most women will do that. You just don't walk away from an abusive relationship just like that. It is a process. She is not with him now
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by chosen04(f): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2009
Outstrip:

RIHANNA AND CHRIS BROWN ARE NOT TOGETHER. She was referring to when she went back with him right after the incident and she is right. Most women will do that. You just don't walk away from an abusive relationship just like that. It is a process. She is not with him now

Exactly, That is what we are saying. If she could go back then when the pain was still fresh then she can go back over and over again
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Outstrip(f): 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2009
chosen04:

Exactly, That is what we are saying. If she could go back then when the pain was still fresh then she can go back over and over again

It is really not that easy. I was not surprised at all that she initially went back. Especially as she said they were very much in love. Keep in mind that it was not just a break up on their own. Others were involved. P Diddy had given them his house for the weekend (so said reports) because I am sure that from a business point of view people were pressuring her not to say much and stay with him at least for a while. Even without all the pressure because of money, emotionally it was bound to happen. I really don't understand why people are shocked that she went back. Even from the threads here on Nairaland you should know that it even happened. Women do it a lot especially when a man cheats. Even when they have decided to leave him they still go back for that one last sex just to make sure LOL
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2010
4 woteva reason y should a grown up gal date her younger bro mate talkes of numerous sexual encounters.2-y shud a child boy beat up a lady.3-thank god dey've both realised their mistakes so y'al shouldn't b judgemental aftral domestic violence is comon in nigeria n so many wome r afraid 2 open up 2 people who wil help dem.aftral if jayz dint f**k cb up he wount feel sober.its because dere's nobody 2 defend d african woman n theres no justice dats y sexual abuse n domestic violence is stil comon
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by noblegas2(m): 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2010
@ kulyie, Sharap jor! How old is rihanna self? In my opinion, dey are both babies!
@ Mies, Obviously, U cant compare Jay-Z & Beyonce's Brain to dat of Chris & Rihanna.Jay & B are adults!
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by shotster50(m): 12:46am On Mar 30, 2010
Biatch save it!!!!!
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by mamagee3(f): 12:55am On Mar 30, 2010
Whatever, I personally think rihanna deserved the beating. . .
She's beginning to annoy me with her ear clamping voice
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by shotster50(m): 1:26am On Mar 30, 2010
Her 15 mins of fame will soon be over.
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 01, 2010
@noble gas 1 i really fink u nid some decency n decorum cos u really lack those virtues.how can u tell som1 u practically know noffin bout to "sharrap" dats so rude n uncultured.afterall i'm entitled 2 my opinion n it doesn't have 2 go down well with u.gosh shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked :oso repulsive shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Rihanna Regrets Returning To Chris Brown After Attack by Kunbee: 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2010
I think she has a bf now

(1) (Reply)

Once Bitten Twice Shy Lyrics: By 9ice / Gangsta! Prince Eke poses with his GUN (Photos) / Actress Chioma Toplis – “my Husband Would Commit Suicide If I Leave Him”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.