Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team (10777 Views)

Amaju Pinnick Re-elected As NFF President (Photos) / DSS Reinstates Amaju Pinnick As NFF President / Solomon Dalung Orders Amaju Pinnick To Step Down As NFF Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by damiloladuke: 7:07am On Nov 25, 2016
Falconets defender Mary Ologbosere has been referred to the traumatic unit of a hospital in Abuja after she suffered from depression following the inability of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to pay the players on arrival from the U-20 World Cup in Papua New Guinea.

The 18-year-old defender lost her father while the Falconets were at the World Cup and the entire family were counting on her to come back and bury him. However, on return from the World Cup Wednesday afternoon, they were all shocked when they were each paid a miserly N10,000 to return to their various homes.

A shocked Ologbosere A shocked Ologbosere cried all through the night and had to be rushed to hospital as a result, where she has now been admitted at the traumatic unit.

“She is totally shattered by this heartless treatment,” simply reported a team official at the Serob Legacy Hotel. It’s truly a pathetic case.
The 10,000 Naira paid each player was the only money they received from the NFF since they opened training camp for the World Cup earlier this year. The team have vowed not to leave the hotel they were booked into until they have got their cash. At the World Cup, they won two matches, against Spain and Canada.

It would also be recalled that the Nigeria U-19 team led by Manu Garba were also sent away on their return from an invitational tournament in Suwon, South Korea, after they were paid a paltry 5,000 Naira each. pay us our bonuses and allowances for now.

Sports Vanguard gathered from reliable sources that the NFF had in a meeting with the players and officials of the team pleaded to be given some time to raise the approved N20,000 transport fares for them to return to their various clubs.

General Secretary of the NFF, Mohammed Sanusi who was at the meeting with another board member appealed to the angry players to give them some time to raise the transport fare, adding that the NFF has no money to meet up with its daily responsibilities.

“We met with the NFF General Secretary and one board member, and they pleaded with us to give them some time to raise even the transport fare that we need to return to our clubs. They told us that we will not be evicted from the hotels as it was earlier threatened but pleaded for our understanding saying there is no money for the NFF to cried all through the night and had to be rushed to hospital as a result, where she has now been admitted at the traumatic unit.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/tragedy-falconets-player-hospitalised-nff-fails-pay-off-team/

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by damiloladuke: 7:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Young03(m): 7:10am On Nov 25, 2016
tooo bad
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Oliviaxx(f): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2016
na wa for this country oo...ahn ahn undecided

1 Like

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by richidinho(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2016
NFF in thw news again
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by RoadsAndGreen(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2016
we warned people not to vote buhari but they refused now see.
after you recover find your way to the kitchen. sorry babe

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by erico2k2(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2016
10k realy??

3 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Mrokonjie: 10:31am On Nov 25, 2016
Ehya
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by ifycelebrity(f): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Are things really this bad?
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by JayRise(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2016
I thought they said change has come undecided

2 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Samchelsea(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2016
While a senator is earning 5m monthly for sleeping in Parliament

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by illuminaty(m): 10:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Damm,this is so so unfortunate
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by porshuch: 10:34am On Nov 25, 2016
This country sef
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by illuminaty(m): 10:35am On Nov 25, 2016
I anticipated things will get bad under this administration BUT not this bad mbok

9 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by adesola89: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2016
chai, there is god ooo.....
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Ichel: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Mjshexy(f): 10:38am On Nov 25, 2016
This is heartless, why treat these girls with so much hatred .

9 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by PaulIdu: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2016
I am sure her and her family voted for change just like my family and I ... We are all now paying the price , next time we will look well and listen to our elders who know better before we shout change..It is well

5 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by nwosu35: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2016
It's just too bad for one to serve the country and get this. . . . That's if this news is true

3 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Naijapopular(f): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2016
I'm not surprise, polilliters will collect their wardrobe allowance, newspaper allowance, food allowance. And you're saying we don't have money.

4 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Sport was the only thing that truly united the country, now it has been shattered by this administration.

Its a sad end to a republic.

Thank you Buhari.

7 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by anonymuz(m): 10:41am On Nov 25, 2016
10k that can't even take you from lagos to kano.talk to dullard Dalung o.

1 Like

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by donestk(m): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2016
"I thought things were bad under mufasa" - Hyena Panzai to Ed (Lion King I)
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by 4nobody4every1: 10:45am On Nov 25, 2016
Sad, Nigeria is not worth dying for, she should have absconded from Papua - New Guinea to a better country that will value her , nonsense & criminal NFF officials, where is my Olokpa friend, oya flog all NFF officials because they are incompetent and only after there stomachs & estacodes , nonsense angry angry

1 Like

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:46am On Nov 25, 2016
I repeat...anybody who sacrifices ANYTHING for Nigeria does that in vain! a soldier who dies for Nigeria dies in vain! this shithole of a country deserves NO patriotism whatsoever from any sane mind..I might sacrifice for my family or for my neighbour, but NOT for the Nigerian state..NEVER.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 25, 2016
fvck d nff....this post ain't really related to Buhari..buh Buhari must go

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by WesBreezy: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2016
This NFF has the money.even individuals among them is capable of footing their bills. Why?

but wait oh. Waiting on an 18year old female(still hustling to blow) to take full responsibility of a funeral? Na wah ohh sad

*sips coke*

1 Like

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by baski92(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2016
What is our country turning to

2 Likes

Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by MicroBox: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2016
The government is pushing it's citizens to the wall....
Why I won't suggest Occupy Naija is because of IPOB not to take advantage of it,,
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by kinibigdeal(m): 10:58am On Nov 25, 2016
Buhari should resign
Re: Mary Ologbosere Hospitalised As NFF Fails To Pay Off Team by Princedapace(m): 11:04am On Nov 25, 2016
MicroBox:
The government is pushing it's citizens to the wall....
Why I won't suggest Occupy Naija is because of IPOB not to take advantage of it,,

Just for your hatred for IPOD...you dey suffer

Hahahhahahahahaahahhahahahahahaha ...we are funny in Nigeria o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Top Ten Club Rankings - Your Views / Enugu Government Allocates Plots Of Land To Rangers Players / Victor Moses And Kalu Uche To Miss W/C Qualifiers And Confederation Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.