Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,771 members, 7,827,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Was Judas Iscariot Really A Traitor Or Just A Casualty Of Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Judas Iscariot Really A Traitor Or Just A Casualty Of Destiny? (423 Views)

Who Really Is Judas Iscariot: A Traitor Or Hero? / Let's Stop Blaming Judas Iscariot, He Doesn't Deserve To Be Blame. / Judas Iscariot Now Trending On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Was Judas Iscariot Really A Traitor Or Just A Casualty Of Destiny? by DeLioncourt: 8:19am On Nov 25, 2016
Hello Guys.

The bible tells the story of the betrayal of Jesus by Judas Iscariot. Apparently, Judas agreed to take some money (30 pieces of silver) to hand Jesus over to the Chief Priests. (Luke 22:4-6) After this event, Jesus is said to have spoken about his impending betrayal. He said "But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!"
This then begs the question... was Judas really a traitor? Wasn't he just an instrument of predestination? It could have been any of the disciples.

Some people argue that Judas was weak...hence his downfall. I therefore present the case of Simon Peter.
Luke 22:54-61 - Simon denied Jesus three times...just as Jesus had said. That, my friends, was also a betrayal.
This also begs another question. Why is Peter held in such high esteem and Judas treated with scorn? Even the name Judas has been mis-associated will evil.

Some people argue that Judas was not repentant and Peter was. Matthew 27:3-5 says otherwise. Verse 3 (NIV) says that Judas was seized with remorse and in verse 4 he says "I have sinned".
Where is Peter's remorse? After the cock crowed in verse 61 of Luke 22, all accounts say he went and wept bitterly. In essence they both did the same thing.

Some people argue that Judas sinned by committing suicide... I present to you the case of Samson.(Judges 16:23-30) After his fall for Delilah and his consequent incarceration by the Philistines, he garnered his strength and killed multitudes of celebrating Philistines...and himself.

Questions.
1. Since God is the author of all, and we agree that he is omniscient (knowing everything), does this mean that some people, like Judas, are just instruments of predestination?
2. Why is Judas hated so? Despite his remorse...
3. Why aren't Samson and Peter castigated since they both are guilty of at least one sin that Judas is guilty of? Does this indicate preferential treatment on God's part?
Re: Was Judas Iscariot Really A Traitor Or Just A Casualty Of Destiny? by okenwa(m): 8:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Some one has to do the job.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Aliko Dangote Should Be President Of Nigeria In 2019 (part One) / The "All" Of Belief / Warning! Atheist That Fears The Truth Should Avoid This: Amazing Evidence Of GOD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.