Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year (2704 Views)

Npower: FG Now Uses GIFMIS (r/fgn/feder) As A New Payment Platform / Npower : FG pay Verification Officer Now! / Npower: FG Paid December Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2016
The federal government has concluded arrangement for the recruitment of 200,000 youths in fulfillment of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s social intervention programme.The recruits, according to Vice Presidential Spokesman, Laolu Akande are the first batch of the 500,000 to be recruited into the N-power programme.He told correspondents that the youths were being posted to various states to begin work on Dec. 1 as teachers, agriculture extension workersand public health officials.“In fulfillment of the President’s promise to hire half a million unemployed Nigerian graduates thefirst batch of 200,000 have now been engaged.“What is happening now is that the state governments are going to be deploying those 200,000 to the three specific areas of need that have been identified under the N-Power programme.“These areas are: education where we will have 150,000 of those selected in the first batch who will be teaching assistants helping in the schoolsin the states.“Then we are going to have 30,000 who will work as agricultural extension workers in needs that had existed for a long time; and the Federal Government is going to be funding that.“Then there will be 20,000 that will be working in the community health programme.’’Akande said that between the time of the selection and Dec. 1, when those selected would begin work and earn stipends, the 36 states and FCT would be receiving the list of the recruits for their various states.He said that three transparent criteria were used for the selection one of which was that 40 per cent of all applicants per state were selected.He said the balance of 60 per cent was split to give special consideration to the six North East states which suffered insurgency.He added that the third criterion was that consideration was given to states with lowest applications.“The process is a very transparent one; we even tested the list before we released it; they were cross checked.“The application was online and in some states with internet problems their leaders got the data from the people and uploaded them,’’ he said.Akande said that the essence of the recruitment was to solve problems in the communities while those recruited would be posted to their places ofresidence.He said that if any kind of discrepancy was foundit would be corrected without delay.He said the recruits would be issued with tablets having various entrepreneurship applications which they would own at the end of the intervention programme.According to him, at the end of the two year period of the programme the youths would be better empowered as government expected better economy then.“This is an intervention programme that will last for two years,’’ he added.He said that government was working in partnership with the private sector to provide jobs for the youth at the end of the intervention.“We do believe that the private sector is the one that can actually create jobs and government is working on several issues such as ease of doing business and others to spur the economy for the private sector to create jobs.“We believe that in two years there will be more permanent jobs for many of them and that a goodnumber of them will be ready to do things for themselves because the programme itself would have empowered them during the duration,’’ he addedThe Spokesman hinted that the intervention programme would not end in the 2016 budget cycle as proposals were on to appropriate another N500 billion for social intervention programmes in the 2017 budget.Akande said that the outstanding 300,000 youths would still be hired early next year explaining that the 200,000 was the first phase of the programme.
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Ifesinachi22(m): 9:16am On Nov 25, 2016
No alawee till after Dec 1st? Were i go get transport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Bucky001(m): 10:26am On Nov 25, 2016
My questions are:
1. Will they conduct fresh registration?
2. Will the subsequent selection done from the already registered list?
3. Will the next selection done from the list of candidates who wrote the test already?

Someone should please answer me.
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Supplanter(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2016
Please, I'll like to know how much will those in the teaching sector be paida nd when will payment begins?

1 Like

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Mrrespect(m): 2:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
Supplanter:
Please, I'll like to know how much will those in the teaching sector be paida nd when will payment begins?

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Ay04z(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2016
ghost workers. .....well we go dey use there money do bitcoins business..sha.

1 Like

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by honestivo(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2016
I can't wait to see the reality of this program,it will really improve so many lives. Kudos to the govt in advance
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by IanKirkby(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
Answers are within you, just sit and think for few minutes.

Bucky001:
My questions are:
3. Will the next selection done from the list of candidates who wrote the test already?

2 Likes

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Supplanter(m): 4:47pm On Nov 25, 2016
Mrrespect:

@mrrespect Thank you very much.I'm having problem logging into the https://npvn.npower.gov.ng website .The issue is that I can't login after entering the login details I used for the www.npower.gov.ng. I used my surname in small letters as my username and my phone number as my password but still could not log in.
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by mukhcech(m): 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2016
Bucky001:
My questions are:

Thinks. it is in you.
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Ifesinachi22(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2016
Bucky001:
My questions are:

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes

1 Like

Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by HOLYSEE(m): 7:43pm On Nov 25, 2016
What about those that applied under npower knowledge and innovation. we need answers ASAP
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by Obas101(m): 8:42pm On Nov 25, 2016
We still can't login to npvn.. Wot are we suppose to do
Re: Npower- Fg To Engage The Remaining 300k By Next Year by ofeshe(m): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2016
First 200k will teach in primary schools, farms and state Ministries. So if u aint Selected yet no panic. The last 300k ll be more juicy

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment!!! 120000/7days / Can A Corper Apply For N-power? / Urgent Recruitment In Oil Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.