Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Need Advice On Oracle Course - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Advice On Oracle Course (1164 Views)

Pls Advice Is Needed On Oracle As A Project Manager / Need Help On Oracle 11g / Sql*plus On Oracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice On Oracle Course by nyce(m): 3:51am On Jan 07, 2007
Hi Nairaland users, please i need a professional advice on this, i intend to do a course on oracle, but the constrain here is that i don't know anything about programming and other related packages, will i be able to to make it? or better still which of the package am i suppose to do first that make me be one of the best oracle administrator if i go for the 3months oracle course.
Re: Need Advice On Oracle Course by trinigirl1(f): 2:46am On Jan 12, 2007
It is advisable for Beginners to learn Oracle SQL and PL/SQL first.

However this link will take you through the Certification Requirements and Learning Paths you need to follow in which ever area you decide to specialize.

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=47
Re: Need Advice On Oracle Course by babasin(m): 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
best way is get oracle install on your window pc or unix workstation, get a book and practice. then go for exam.

if you already using oracle at work, get a book and go for exam

end-of-day, its your knowledge not cert that will count
Re: Need Advice On Oracle Course by trinigirl1(f): 10:14pm On Mar 30, 2007
babasin,

I agree with you. Nothing beats practical knowledge born out of trial and error. Especially for something as fussy as Oracle. It makes exams a breeze. Well said.
Re: Need Advice On Oracle Course by larryoncol(m): 7:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
well ther are two types of people, conceptual and pratical,

i love the practical , fact is you can never get to parctical with oracle, not everything you see in sybex works as well when it comes to handling a real 10g database (RDBMS)

larry
Re: Need Advice On Oracle Course by babasin(m): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2007
@larryoncol

is there a Unix or Solaris user group in Abuja?

I would be visiting soon. It would be nice to set-up such. I have some books, cds, plus Solaris server which I could share with others who wants to learn Oracle/Solaris.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get In Contact With Seun To Invest In This Site / It It Possible To Learn How To Develop Apps On A Month-5 Hrs Time Daily / How To Generate a Bar code Using Excel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.