Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption (1019 Views)

Hyundai High Fuel Consumption / 15 Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars. / Top 10 Main Causes Of High Fuel Consumption In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by mili3kid(m): 11:14pm On Nov 25, 2016
guys i need your help with my toyota camry. it consumes fuel at a very high rate. scanned it once result i got was P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) . my mechanic then suggested dt d catalytic converter was missing and that's the cause of the problem.
so guys pls who can help me get OEM catalytic converter and what's the cost?
cc gazzuzz and my other bosses here.
epp my ministry shey
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by mili3kid(m): 6:49am On Nov 26, 2016
morning guys... can any1 assist?
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by honmusa(m): 8:32am On Nov 26, 2016
mili3kid:
guys i need your help with my toyota camry. it consumes fuel at a very high rate. scanned it once result i got was P0420 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1) . my mechanic then suggested dt d catalytic converter was missing and that's the cause of the problem.
so guys pls who can help me get OEM catalytic converter and what's the cost?
cc gazzuzz and my other bosses here.
epp my ministry shey
Don't waste your money on catalyst. It is too expensive for to be gambled with .The primary function and main purpose of a catalyst is Emission control (conversion of harmful gases to less toxic) other reason is secondary .Get an expert in diagnosis to check for you the reason your car suffer poor fuel mileage ,it is more than catalyst.
If you are in Lagos ,call my number in my signature ,I will give u a 100% accurate diagnosis.
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by mili3kid(m): 1:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
honmusa:

Don't waste your money on catalyst. It is too expensive for to be gambled with .The primary function and main purpose of a catalyst is Emission control (conversion of harmful gases to less toxic) other reason is secondary .Get an expert in diagnosis to check for you the reason your car suffer poor fuel mileage ,it is more than catalyst.
If you are in Lagos ,call my number in my signature ,I will give u a 100% accurate diagnosis.
tnx for d input boss. bt dt was d only code it gave when it was scanned.
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by honmusa(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
mili3kid:

It is only an amateur that will depend on DTC code for definite and final diagnosis result. Not every issue will be registered as DTC code ,lot of underground issue that it will required only a professional to dig out.
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by honmusa(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
mili3kid:

It is only an amateur that will depend on DTC code for definite and final diagnosis result. Not every issue will be registered as DTC code ,lot of underground issue that will required only a professional to dig out.
Re: Pls Help. 2001 Toyota Camry High Fuel Consumption by mili3kid(m): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
honmusa:

It is only an amateur that will depend on DTC code for definite and final diagnosis result. Not every issue will be registered as DTC code ,lot of underground issue that will required only a professional to dig out.
hmmmm...well said. i am sure an amateur so no vex oga mi.... tnx for d input again.
will try see if I can get a very good scanner here in Ilorin...

(1) (Reply)

My RAV 4 2005 Model Keeps Overheating / What Is Brake Bleeding & How To Do It? / Which Is Your Most Favourite SUV Of These 6 And Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.