Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers (3664 Views)

Production Of 4-6weeks Noilers / my backyard poultry-broilers noilers turkeys / My 7 Weeks Noilers On The Way To 1.8kg In 11 Weeks (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:29am On Nov 26, 2016
These are pictures of some of my 11 weeks old noilers. I don't have a scale, but some look like they are in the range of 1.8-2kg, while some look like they are still about 1.2kg. The female ones are smaller and I also noticed the white ones are relatively smaller compared to the brown and black ones. I don't know why that is so.

I expected them to all be fully matured now, but I don't know what happened along the line. Maybe cos they were sick for a while when they were 5-6 weeks, or maybe Hybrid feed is not that good. I switched to Top Feeds last week.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 26, 2016
Where are the pics?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2016
I released my 4 week noilers to free range yesterday and this morning. I will post pics as times goes on.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
Where are the pics?

Sorry, my phone was acting up before.
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:46am On Nov 26, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
I released my 4 week noilers to free range yesterday and this morning. I will post pics as times goes on.

Okay. I would love to follow their progress in free range.
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 26, 2016
This one is executive treatment with noilers on tiles grin shocked

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:50am On Nov 26, 2016
More pictures...

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2016
EMMAACHILE:
This one is executive treatment with noilers on tiles grin shocked

lol! No o! I just brought these two inside to take the picture cos they wouldn't stay in one place. They are very restless birds.
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:54am On Nov 26, 2016
More pictures...

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:56am On Nov 26, 2016
And some more pictures...

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 9:57am On Nov 26, 2016
More...

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by obstead200(m): 4:25am On Nov 27, 2016
kayo80:
More...
Bro, I have been following your noilers threads for some time now.
Generally, at 11 weeks, what is ur experience? Are u satisfied with the performance? Did it meet ur expectations? Cos from where am standing, looking at the pictures, I really can't tell. Pictures can be confusing when it comes to birds.
Can u try weighing some birds? Do u hope to get 2.5kg at 14weeks?
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 7:32am On Nov 27, 2016
obstead200:

Bro, I have been following your noilers threads for some time now.
Generally, at 11 weeks, what is ur experience? Are u satisfied with the performance? Did it meet ur expectations? Cos from where am standing, looking at the pictures, I really can't tell. Pictures can be confusing when it comes to birds.
Can u try weighing some birds? Do u hope to get 2.5kg at 14weeks?

I am not satisfied. I guess it is partially my fault; I messed up with their feeding at some point...I wasn't feeding them enough. I don't have a scale, but from past experience, the two I took their pics together feel like they are about 1.8kg. I feel they can get to 2.2 kg by the 14 week...but I am not sure they will get to 2.5kg.
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 27, 2016
kayo80:

I am not satisfied. I guess it is partially my fault; I messed up with their feeding at some point...I wasn't feeding them enough. I don't have a scale, but from past experience, the two I took their pics together feel like they are about 1.8kg. I feel they can get to 2.2 kg by the 14 week...but I am not sure they will get to 2.5kg.
At four weeks, mine look chubby. The pics here make them look lanky and tall. It could be due to many reasons:
Heat
Lack of appetite
Disease especially coccidiosis
Lack of Multivitamins, etc

I will weigh mine at 31 days later in the day and see how they perform in relation to broilers.

Yesterday I bought hybrid grower mash and the noilers are eating it look it's their normal vitalfeed.
The seller told me to get a 30% concentrate and mix to make the feeding cheaper. His own noilers are looking very big. Anytime I have access to the place again, I will took a snapshot.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 8:48am On Nov 27, 2016
EMMAACHILE:

At four weeks, mine look chubby. The pics here make them look lanky and tall. It could be due to many reasons:
Heat
Lack of appetite
Disease especially coccidiosis
Lack of Multivitamins, etc

I will weigh mine at 31 days later in the day and see how they perform in relation to broilers.

Yesterday I bought hybrid grower mash and the noilers are eating it look it's their normal vitalfeed.
The seller told me to get a 30% concentrate and mix to make the feeding cheaper. His own noilers are looking very big. Anytime I have access to the place again, I will took a snapshot.

Okay. I would love to see the pics of his Noilers. About mine...I guess the Coccidiosis got them bad around 5-6th week. I have learnt and I will do better next time.
Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by obstead200(m): 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2016
kayo80:

Were u using commercial feed?
How exactly did u mess up with their feeding?
So are u gonna try noilers again or will u go back to cockrels like u said?

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of My 11 Weeks Old Noilers by kayo80(m): 4:48pm On Nov 27, 2016
obstead200:

Were u using commercial feed?
How exactly did u mess up with their feeding?
So are u gonna try noilers again or will u go back to cockrels like u said?

I wanted to leave Noilers and go back to Cockrels but someone on another thread said it is impossible for Noilers to reach market size in 12 weeks, and I am going to prove him wrong. I will start another batch of Noilers after new year, and I would document how I will go from 0-2.2kg in 12 weeks. Look out for that thread around the 6-8th of January.

About what I did wrong, I was robbed at a point, and was very low on cash, so I was just jumping from one feed to the other...today I would give them Hybrid Finisher, tomorrow, Top Feeds Grower, and then another time Livestock finisher, and then go back to Top Feeds Grower...I was just feeding based on the cash I had on ground and what I could afford. And there were times I didn't even have money for feed at all...and they went like half a day without food. So, yea, it was totally my fault. But I am fully prepared for January, and I am going to prove Noel wrong.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need 1million Naira Loan For My Poultry. / Please I Need Contact Of Where I Can Sell My Broilers Chicken / Gnld Super Gro Fertilizer For Crop Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.