Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,927 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes (949 Views)

Just 2% Of Israel's Population Are Christians (What Then Is The Largest Religion / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Statue Of Father Abraham Nwali By Ebonyi Catholic Parishioners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2016
And you heard a voice that says you should sacrifice your only son or daughter which you had to wait for many years to get? Will you do any of the following :

A) Go to a psychiatric hospital for check up

B) Rebuke it while planning to renounce your faith

C) Tell your priest or pastor to deliver you

D) Not doubt but obey

E) Do, A and B

When my priest asked this question many people said no way, they weren't going to sacrifice their only child for anything. Let's be sincere here, how many of us can really do what father Abraham did without knowing what would happen afterwards

For me, I will do (D). It will be hard but whatever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
A voice" is different from God's voice wink
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 26, 2016
classicB:
A voice" is different from God's voice wink

Lol, anwser the question.
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by TrajansKong: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:
And you heard a voice that says you should sacrifice your only son or daughter which you had to wait for many years to get? Will you do any of the following :

D) Not doubt but obey

E) Do, A and B

When my priest asked this question many people said no way, they weren't going to sacrifice their only child for anything. Let's be sincere here, how many of us can really do what father Abraham did without knowing what would happen afterwards

I agree,I would also kill my child but I would do it without hesitation. Joyfully and unflinchingly. God's will is my will. Selah!

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

Lol, anwser the question.
If it were to be in this 21st century, I'd just do what God ask for and take solace in adopting a baby? angry I am not a strong Christian yet tho, so I don't think I can be hearing voices grin God help me cry
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
TrajansKong:

I agree,I would also kill my child but I would do it without hesitation. Joyfully and unflinchingly God's will is my will. Selah!

Yeah I will too but not joyfully. Why will you be joyful about it?
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
classicB:

If it were to be in this 21st century, I'd just do what God ask for and take solace in adopting a baby? angry I am not a strong Christian yet tho, so I don't think I can be hearing voices grin God help me cry

Lol, may God help us fulfill his will
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

Lol, may God help us fulfill his will
Amen

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by jonbellion(m): 6:55pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

D) Not doubt but obey

E) Do, A and B

chaiiii!!!
See what religion has turned my people to

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
chaiiii!!!
See what religion has turned my people to

You wouldn't understand if you aren't a Christian
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by jonbellion(m): 7:06pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

wow
Any God that demands such nonsense is an arsehole
A large gaping arsehole
Why
For what reason
That is human sacrifice
A highly immoral act
Do you realise if someone from another religion did that you would be full of criticisms
You can't just play the God card and expect it to be okay
That's rubbish

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

This thought have been on my mind for sometimes now, is there a reason why God delay the child bearing of some couple? Like over 10years of marriage no kid and eventually in most cases they r blessed with twins or triplet. And I wonder, if God had given them thEse kids after marriage they would have been in secondary school or something. Is it God delaying them or health issues? If they were in a more advanced country maybe they wouldn't have waited for that long M asking cos most of the testifiers attribute this to spirituality.
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Brown47: 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2016
TrajansKong:

I agree,I would also kill my child but I would do it without hesitation. Joyfully and unflinchingly. God's will is my will. Selah! God's will is my will. Selah!
[/quote]

maybe their is this God who can give you this instructions and you'll obey. how can you differenciate other voices from God's ? pls am curious.
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 26, 2016
classicB:

This thought have been on my mind for sometimes now, is there a reason why God delay the child bearing of some couple? Like over 10years of marriage no kid and eventually in most cases they r blessed with twins or triplet. And I wonder, if God had given them thEse kids after marriage they would have been in secondary school or something. Is it God delaying them or health issues? If they were in a more advanced country maybe they wouldn't have waited for that long M asking cos most of the testifiers attribute this to spirituality.

In the case of Abraham, Isaac and Rebecca, God had a hand in it. The bible says He was responsible for Leah's fertility. If these individuals were in more advanced countries with all the technology available God can still cause delay if he wants to.

Sometimes couples may experience delay because God is testing their faith, other times they may be suffering from ignorance, some health issues, some also may be from negative spiritual forces, some ancestral hindrances

Funny how some couples living in advance countries will say they actually want child free marriages or some make up their minds to adopt kids instead of having their own biological children, some even prefer having pets than their own flesh and blood. What I'm trying to point out here is that human thinking pattern varies and remember the bible says the heart of a king is in the hand of God and He stirs it how He pleases.

If the delay is from God, there will be delay until the appointed time, if it's from health issues, we have roots and plants that promote fertility here, there's also prayers that can help a great deal both spiritually and physically, we also have some good assisted reproduction clinics over here too.
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
wow
Any God that demands such nonsense is an arsehole
A large gaping arsehole
Why
For what reason
That is human sacrifice
A highly immoral act
Do you realise if someone from another religion did that you would be full of criticisms
You can't just play the God card and expect it to be okay
That's rubbish

What's all these insult for? Anyone one who has the guts to insult God is not worthy of my response. If you want to make a point you can actually do so without being this petty
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Brown47: 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

What's all these insult for? Anyone one who has the guts to insult God is not worthy of my response. If you want to make a point you can actually do so without being this petty

do you realy believe God will demand such?
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2016
TrajansKong:

I agree,I would also kill my child but I would do it without hesitation. Joyfully and unflinchingly. God's will is my will. Selah!

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
Brown47:

do you realy believe God will demand such?

Of course, "You must love the Lord with all your heart and soul" this is the first and most important commandment. He can test your faith on the basis of this commandment
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by jonbellion(m): 7:52pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

nawa oo
Notice I said any God
Which means if any other God did the same thing that'll be my response
Like you'll also act if the command was from Allah smiley
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
nawa oo
Notice I said any God
Which means if any pretty other God did the same thing that'll be my response
Like you'll also act if the command was from Allah smiley

I wouldn't do it for any other god but the God of Christians smiley
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Brown47: 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

Of course, "You must love the Lord with all your heart and soul" this is the first and most important commandment.

then what would make you any different from other people you tagged bad e.g Hitler, boko haram, isis etc. didnt you think they're also sanction by God?

He can test your faith on the basis of this commandment

you dont read your manual james 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth He any man.
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by hopefulLandlord: 8:16pm On Nov 26, 2016
TrajansKong:

Pidgin2:

Yeah I will too but not joyfully. Why will you be joyful about it?

these pathetic hypocrites would turn around and condemn certain Islamic sects for their suicide bombing

what if its also a voice in their head that's telling them to do that too? or it only applies to believers of the Jewish folklore carpenter?

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 26, 2016
Wow you guys are crazy!!!! shocked
Disturbingly so

You would kill your child simply because a voice which you think belongs to God told you to?
SMH

Kingebukasblog and winner01 see your people
Next you guys will say atheists have no moral compass
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by jonbellion(m): 9:30pm On Nov 26, 2016
Lennycool:
Wow you guys are crazy!!!! shocked
Disturbingly so

You would kill your child simply because a voice which you think belongs to God told you to?
SMH

Kingebukasblog and winner01 see your people
Next you guys will say atheists have no moral compass
the thing confuse me oooooo

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by jonbellion(m): 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2016
I'm happy such a thread was created
This has shown beyond reasonable doubt that christian morality is arbitrary
Murder is only wrong to them because God says so for no other reason. When God said it's okay then murder becomes cool
Pidgin your child will never forgive you
And you'll never forgive yourself if you do such a despicable act
Maybe you can end up commuting suicide later on
I do not wish that for you at all
But you need to calm down oo abeg
I'm terrified of christians oo
How you people can open your mouth to decry the holocaust is beyond me
When I catch that kingebukasblog ehn

1 Like

Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by Wilgrea7(m): 10:01pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:

D) Not doubt but obey

E) Do, A and B

I'll be sincere o..

i salute Abraham for what he did.. d guy get mind

as for me, i fitnt not
i will beg God for an alternative
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by MuttleyLaff: 10:15pm On Nov 26, 2016
Pidgin2:
[size=5pt]And you heard a voice that says you should sacrifice your only son or daughter which you had to wait for many years to get? Will you do any of the following :

D) Not doubt but obey

E) Do, A and B

For me, I will do (D). It will be hard but whatever. [/size]
2And Stephen declared:
“Brothers and fathers, listen to me!
The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran,

3and told him, ‘Leave your country and your kindred and go to the land I will show you.’
4So Abraham left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Haran.
After his father died, God brought him out of that place, into this land where you are now living...

- Acts 7:2-4

It wasn't Abraham's first, second or third time of hearing God's voice, this easily makes A, B, C or E candidates to be struck off
because Abraham had tried, tasted and tested God that much before as to ''Not doubt but obey''
Re: Fellow Christians What If You Were In Father Abraham's Shoes by hopefulLandlord: 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2016
jonbellion:
I'm happy such a thread was created
This has shown beyond reasonable doubt that christian morality is arbitrary
Murder is only wrong to them because God says so for no other reason. When God said it's okay then murder becomes cool
Pidgin your child will never forgive you
And you'll never forgive yourself if you do such a despicable act
Maybe you can end up commuting suicide later on
I do not wish that for you at all
But you need to calm down oo abeg
I'm terrified of christians oo
How you people can open your mouth to decry the holocaust is beyond me
When I catch that kingebukasblog ehn

I tire o

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Releases Prayer Points For 2017 Fasting And Prayer / Blackmail Alert: Nothing Like Honey Phoenix Evarist / How Do I Find God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.