Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation (15158 Views)

President Buhari Set To Commission Post-graduate Centre Built By CBN At ABU / 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever / 188 Students Bag First Class Honours At Covenant University's 12th Convocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Not True my Broda ...Schools in the South Set High standards for their students.

While most schools in the North /West compromise on Standards.

An average 2.1 graduate from a Southern school can surpass a First class graduate from the north Academically.

Standards & Bottle necks differs in most Nigerian schools. Compare and contrast exam questions/seminars/researches/projects ...You'll notice the difference.
For ur mind ba? U say all these to fool non Nigerians abi? Well, as a Nigerian I know that sorting is predominant to some certain schools in some particular area of the country and sorting and maintenance of standards are not exactly good friends. So save the crap grin

6 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Trendirabingi: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2016
seguno2:
Na who 1st class epp?
Wetin previous 1st class don invent, discover and what hypothesis or theory have they come up with to address issues of concern to us?
Ask them.. bunch of self deceitful schools n individuals

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by kishimi8(m): 8:26am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Not True my Broda ...Schools in the South Set High standards for their students.

An average 2.1 graduate from a Southern school can surpass a First class graduate from the north Academically.

Standards & Bottle necks differs in most Nigerian schools. Compare and contrast exam questions/seminars/researches/projects ...You'll notice the difference.

Wow, soo much prejudice in soo little a post.

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:
In the University of Port Harcourt....You can hardly get 7 first class from the Entire school during Convocation.

Schools in the West , North and East keep bagging First Class.

But when you come to South South ....Count yourself Lucky if u get a 2.1.
even the thought of cultist on your mind wont make you want to be a first class student

4 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Sodiq3(m): 8:31am On Nov 27, 2016
Aliyu, how far? Was that girl with 4.80 from your department given any award. I have a very big reservation on how ABU treated the guy with the 4.90CGPA.He is the overall best graduating student but only a laptop was given to him. Or are there other benefits from the management awaiting him apart from that? 4.90 no be beans o..
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Undisputed001(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
MEERLEEQ:
Chai ABU. What da hell is this?? 49 out of 8545 undergraduate. Just 0.57 percent. Those 49 must be really good.

They have improved. During my time in ABU, you hardly get first class. Things are changing. They are now trying to copy other universities who now award over 100 first class in a year.
I don't doubt their competencies especially in Engineering courses.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by hikmojj(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2016
ABU so great so unique!
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2016
MEERLEEQ:
Chai ABU. What da hell is this?? 49 out of 8545 undergraduate. Just 0.57 percent. Those 49 must be really good.
This is even good. Most times its zero 1st class. the lecturers will say thy didnt get 1st class so they see no reason why people shoild graduate with one under their watch
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by malton: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Whatever that thing you smoke is, it must be really strong.

One only needs read your silly submission to know that you're a shallow mind that will struggle to make a third class in ABU, then claim, "na because I come from South," "dem hate us!"

As an alumnus of ABU, I can authoritatively tell you, you nor reach!

Find another way to console yourself of your poor academic performance back in school.

Abi, go try am for UI or OAU make we see na.

5 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Zabilon007(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2016
Stop lying....president Buhari Wasn't invited nor represented!.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Realist5: 9:30am On Nov 27, 2016
Since sir. But a few are still coming.
alexarelano:

Abeg, hav they started giving admission to JAMBITES?
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Gerrard59(m): 9:49am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:
In the University of Port Harcourt....You can hardly get 7 first class from the Entire school during Convocation.

[/b]But when you come to South South ....Count yourself Lucky if u get a 2.1[b].

Seriously, where do you folks get your information from? shocked undecided

I have friends in Uniport who graduated with a 2.1(north of 4.0) - Accounting and English and Literary studies departments. One in Uniuyo, he's even a Nairalander.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by davbravo(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2016
Undisputed001:

They have improved. During my time in ABU, you hardly get first class. Things are changing. They are now trying to copy other universities who now award over 100 first class in a year.
I don't doubt their competencies especially in Engineering courses.
you're saying it as if those other Universities dashes their students first class and the students don't work for it
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Lilswaghanxum(m): 10:19am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

But when you come to South South ....Count yourself Lucky if u get a 2.1.

Baba, it pretty cool to say that, but I school in the south too, most lecturers here are corrupt. Before pass their course you just have to sort. I had one experience in my year one, this lecturers gave me a C because I refused sorting his course. Whenever he sees me he calls a devil. I'm talking about a school where having a first class is like swimming the artic ocean. In our last convocation, we had 10 first class. In my own department, since it came into existence we have never had a first class. Most southern universities are just corrupt

4 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by africanusvu(m): 10:31am On Nov 27, 2016
49 bag 1st clas .oh my great schl.FUTO Owerri.who ar u to get 1st clas?frm 1996-2001.my set in FUTO.only 2peple gt 1st clas one IMB.one SMAT.can u pas ODE.Wat of Eng 101[ engine drawing.i am proud of ma school
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by nuradeen011(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2016
i obtain an nce cert. frm fce t bichi in chemistry/computer science dept and i want to study either organic chem or industrial and applied chem please ist ppssible to secure admission through DE with my qualification
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by DonBrutus(m): 10:44am On Nov 27, 2016
Matildahenshaw:
ABU are strict jare. I remembered in our 100level we started with 15 first-class. Now by our 300level second semester result we have only 4 remaining out of which 3 are on less than 4.53
wow so u are an abusite, nice to know...am one too! Sent u a pm...
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adonbilivit: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2016
africanusvu:
49 bag 1st clas .oh my great schl.FUTO Owerri.who ar u to get 1st clas?frm 1996-2001.my set in FUTO.only 2peple gt 1st clas one IMB.one SMAT.can u pas ODE.Wat of Eng 101[ engine drawing.i am proud of ma school
lol! keep consoling yourself. FUTO has nothing on ABU. if you think otherwise, go get the same class of degree u obtained in owerri in Zaria.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by kennyjam: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Nah... Graduate.

nice..ok
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Jarus(m): 11:04am On Nov 27, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Top schools in Europe and America produce multiple First Class (or equivalent) year in year out. I guess Uniport is better than them too.

3 Likes

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by africanusvu(m): 11:25am On Nov 27, 2016
adonbilivit:
lol! keep consoling yourself. FUTO has nothing on ABU. if you think otherwise, go get the same class of degree u obtained in owerri in Zaria.
.My friend.FUTO is an unconventional uni for engineering .ABU is a conventional uni.also FUTO is in d east which is educational priviledgd arear, ABU.is in d north educational lesspriveldgd area,in 1996.general cut of for engineering in futo was 250.while dat for ABU was 185.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adonbilivit: 11:35am On Nov 27, 2016
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adonbilivit: 11:36am On Nov 27, 2016
africanusvu:
.My friend.FUTO is an unconventional uni for engineering .ABU is a conventional uni.also FUTO is in d east which is educational priviledgd arear, ABU.is in d north educational lesspriveldgd area,in 1996.general cut of for engineering in futo was 250.while dat for ABU was 185.
lame! we are talking contemporary standards, you are here talking 1996. don't dare send your son to ABU coz there is no such thing as sorting there...unlike that Owerri school you are hyping.
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by missyQween(f): 11:41am On Nov 27, 2016
Nice...Wishing the same to myself too...Great Abusite
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by fuckpro: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2016
Matildahenshaw:
ABU are strict jare. I remembered in our 100level we started with 15 first-class. Now by our 300level second semester result we have only 4 remaining out of which 3 are on less than 4.53
Try come get first class for Uniport,Unical or uniuyo then I will know you are good
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Jarus:

Top schools in Europe and America produce multiple First Class (or equivalent) year in year out. I guess Uniport is better than them too.

Uniport ke? The institution that gave us the duo of gej and pej?

I look at any potential hires from that institute with a magnifying glass.

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by drealzum(m): 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
You people are even lucky. If not that First class does not determine a successful life I would have written JAMB again and apply for another school.
See in uni jos there are departmentsssss that have never had first class. Some years self you don't even find a first class in the whole school.
The way people struggle for First class in other schools is the way we fight for 2.1. It's now self that things are getting better o that am beginning to hear about first class.

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by Me23(m): 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2016
Realist5:
An Ahmadu Bello University graduate is Naturally Ahead of you. ABUSITE...all the way!
Superstory. Tell me wen u apply for a job, will u b ask which skul u graduated from?? Dey dia mak u dey hype Abu wen dem don almost destroy ppl pikin lyf
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by adeniyi3971(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
fuckpro:
Try come get first class for Uniport,Unical or uniuyo then I will know you are good

unical uniport uniuyo? beside ABU... chai I don't blame you.. I blame the internet

why can you be comparing ABU with that caliber of schools? na for standard abi na wetin..

1 Like

Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by fuckpro: 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
adeniyi3971:

unical uniport uniuyo? beside ABU... chai I don't blame you.. I blame the internet

why can you be comparing ABU with that caliber of schools? na for standard abi na wetin..
Let me tell you something if you make a first class in those school you are a scholar not just a first class product,why? because there the system is setup to fail you,the lecturers are out for you they will tell you in their time it did not happened so don't even dream about it faculty of science and engineering as a whole have gone on without producing first class for years if not dacades,... Maximum first class is 5 and this is even an exaggeration 2 or 3 is the norm so to hear a school graduate 49 is like an abomination
Re: 49 Bag First Class At Abu's 39th Convocation by laplace19(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
michaelbelgium:

oga...students don't read anymore...only few do.
schools in the south west are very serious with academics as well as in the north compared to south south and co
I graduated from south east and i know their problem ......(money&sorting) on the high side

If you were close-by I would have pummelled your nose for that obtuse statement. You just insulted thousands of brainiacs from south east embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Denies Any Form Of Negotiation And N15.89bn Payment Rumour, / Why Is My JAMB Caps Admission Status Blank / Hajj Commission Offers 2019 UTME Top Scorers Free Pilgrimage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.