Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Golf3 Jerking - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Golf3 Jerking (951 Views)

Verysond And Neat Manual Golf3 In Perfect CondiciĆ³n 390k / Very Sound Automatic Golf3 At A Give Away 450k / Station Wagon Golf3 Used SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 11:52am On Nov 27, 2016
Good day house!
My Golf3 is stalling(jerking) in motion and idle. I have changed fuel pump 3 times, I have changed caburator, brainbox, coil, plug wire, plugs, ignition, fuel filter and have even used injector cleaner but the problem still persist.
The car is auto transmission and its 1998 model of Golf3(according to my custom paper).
Anyone with useful idea should please help me out.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Luckki1001(m): 12:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
This looks like a job for the professors:

Gazzuzz, Kingreign, Siena, pls epp a brother in need.

1 Like

Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 3:12pm On Nov 27, 2016
Kindly help me ooo. I'm frustrated. I have also scan it once and the guy asked me to sandpaper can shaft sensor, I did but it didn't solve the problem. I even had to change the ignition which host the sensor. The problem is still there.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by isarumah(m): 3:33pm On Nov 27, 2016
Change the fuel system to manual (mechanical) carb and fuel pump. Ensure that the carb is VW and not peogeut or any other brand. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 5:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Thanks for the response so far. I will appreciate more.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by ProfitTable: 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
@ProfitTable, thanks for sharing your experience. Please help me with the contact of the person that scanned your vehicle. I'm sure the guy that scanned it before didn't do a good job.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by ProfitTable: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2016
Fuhrerjee:
@ProfitTable, thanks for sharing your experience. Please help me with the contact of the person that scanned your vehicle. I'm sure the guy that scanned it before didn't do a good job.

Here is his contact: 08023365626 (Owolabi)

Note: It may not be fault of the technician that scanned your car. In most cases, it is difficult to replicate the problem the car is having for a computer to diagnose (especially when the dashboard is not giving any signal)...which may lead to wrong results. The reason is that every time the car stalls, the chances that all recorded problem codes have been cleared on the brainbox are high.

In my case, after the first 2 attempts with no problem codes generated, I had to wait for the problem to resurface and roughly drove to the workshop for scanning.

Less i forget, i changed the "Crankshaft Position Sensor", i didnt sandpaper or clean it...

1 Like

Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ok. Thanks@ProfitTable. I will get back to the house
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2016
@ProfitTable, I have contacted owolabi but he said he doesn't work on Volkswagen. He only work on Hyundai and Honda.
Anyone who knows a reliable machinic or rewire should please help.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by ProfitTable: 5:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
OPs, I suggest you move the topic to car talk...that's the section dedicated to the related topics...good luck
Re: Golf3 Jerking by lolostic: 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
remove the fuel thank and check the fuel if there's no water
Re: Golf3 Jerking by lolostic: 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2016
remove the fuel tank and check the fuel if there's no water
Re: Golf3 Jerking by bisi16(m): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ur fuel pump could be for Japanese cars. All those mechanics won't tell u. Secondly, check ur master servo.

modified.
....and most importantly, check ur distributor.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 11:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
OK. All suggestions noted
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Saheedadedeji99(m): 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
change all the plug wires, as one might be liking current.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by Fuhrerjee: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2016
Thanks all for your suggestions. I took the car to Itire two weeks ago and contacted one electrician to work on it. After examining so many components in the car, he told me to change the carburetor and fuel pump (don't forget I have changed fuel pump three times before and carburetor once). I changed them and since then the stalling stopped.

The only thing I'm experiencing is that if I slow down while driving, the car will cut off; and if I restart, it picks immediately. This happens like once a day or once in two days. I think the problem is 90% solved.
Re: Golf3 Jerking by nams77: 1:15am On Dec 16, 2016
Why not scan the car at the hand of an expert and like some one suggested earlier, take this issue to car talk section. Sorry bro

(1) (Reply)

House Items For Sale / not available anymore 2003 Sienna...1m Fixed / Toks 07 Camry Sport With Leather Interior @ 3.5m sold! sold!! sold!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.