Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,347 members, 7,839,615 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out (1064 Views)

Please Help Computer Gurus In The House#frustrated / Computer Gurus Help!!!!!!! / Where Is Computer Gurus: How To Format "sata" Hard Disk In Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by umbawo(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2009
My desktop compaq computer has gone haywire. Operating system is windows vista.
When i switch it on it tells me that my computer is configuring 3 /3. It shows this for say 2 mins then switch off and then restarts
again showing the same thing continously,
Its getting me scared cos i have my theses and work files in it .
Do i have any hope of fixing this mess and how.
I tried downloading a discovery vista disc and i did run it but nothing happened. help pls
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by akjoseph1: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2009
remove your hard disk and try using it in another system and you collect and store any useful things you need in it before dealing with the computer itself it may corrupt the hard disk if you do not act fast and if you are not a computer engineer take your computer to an engineer for repair act fast my friend
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by lynxnoon(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2009
@poster
do dat n ASAP
also nxt time get a gud antivirus software n always scan wateva u insert into ur pc or dwnload
cheers
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by toshacer: 4:10pm On Nov 08, 2009
if you remove the hard drive and put it on another computer, how will it work, when the hard disk was indeed from a different mother board?
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:33pm On Nov 08, 2009
ROFLMAO. ewu ooo! guguru's for nl.
LWKMD.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by akjoseph1: 4:59pm On Nov 08, 2009
tosh acer it is gonna work it seems you do not know much about computer
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by Netexams: 7:54pm On Nov 08, 2009
Make the HDD a secondary drive on a known good PC. That will allow you to have access to your files in it. Backup your files and then you can get a good technician to work on the HD.
That will definitely solve the problem.
Good luck.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2009
umbawo (m)

Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out
« on: Today at 02:00:47 PM »

My desktop compaq computer has gone haywire. Operating system is windows vista.
When i switch it on it tells me that my computer is configuring 3 /3. It shows this for say 2 mins then switch off and then restarts
again showing the same thing continously,
Its getting me scared cos i have my theses and work files in it .
Do i have any hope of fixing this mess and how.
I tried downloading a discovery vista disc and i did run it but nothing happened. help pls

This problem is a known issue

Turn it off please back on again

Keep pressing F8 until you see

Advanced option use arrow key

to highlight Last known good config enter

if no joy then try

Safe mode press enter

Should get into safe mode

Dont be alarm! you"ll notice

big icons 640by 480

Click start 2cm below look

for plain white box start search

type in System restore if prompted

click continue next and select a

date before you install the update so

the computer can turn back the hand of time

if date is not available should display

show restore older than 5 days days

click continue and wait for the system to turn back

the hand of clock. alternatively we can manually delete the

update but the above option is much simpler.

Good luck however
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:05pm On Nov 08, 2009
ak joseph

Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out
« #1 on: Today at 02:52:28 PM »

remove your hard disk and try using it in another system and you collect and store any useful things you need in it before dealing with the computer itself it may corrupt the hard disk if you do not act fast and if you are not a computer engineer take your computer to an engineer for repair act fast my friend

Good advice before is too late.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2009
ak joseph

Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out
« #5 on: Today at 04:59:17 PM »

50:50 is indeed right. may work may not. As a first user i wouldn't suggest doing that much better is taken to a technician

@Poster good luck however
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by jaybee3(m): 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2009
deji2009
just use good luck and forget the however bit. tongue
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2009

He still tried. @poster good luck however
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by TheSeeker(m): 11:04pm On Nov 08, 2009
deji2009:

This problem is a known issue

Turn it off please back on again

Keep pressing F8 until you see

Advanced option use arrow key

to highlight Last known good config enter

if no joy then try

Safe mode press enter

Should get into safe mode

Dont be alarm! you"ll notice

big icons 640by 480

Click start 2cm below look

for plain white box start search

type in System restore if prompted

click continue next and select a

date before you install the update so

the computer can turn back the hand of time

if date is not available should display

show restore older than 5 days days

click continue and wait for the system to turn back

the hand of clock. alternatively we can manually delete the

update but the above option is much simpler.

Good luck however
Deji is right on this one, this is exactly the situation. And until you know what else is wrong with your hard drive, deactivate the automatic updates download. It's happened to my laptop just a few days ago, I switched off the automatic download and installation of updates and did them manually today.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by umbawo(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
Deji,

i tried as stated below and i tell u its same old story. when carrying out the steps it looked as if i will come back from the dead but same
configuring updates stage 3 of 3, do not turn off computer. I just taya.
I guess i have to spend some money with a pc mechanic which i was trying to avoid,

It really suck.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ poster
Seems like u just installed windows update or service pack 2, it will tke up to 30 minutes to finish configuring. so just boot ur system and leave it 2 finish configuring the updates.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by TheSeeker(m): 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2009
umbawo:

Deji,

i tried as stated below and i tell u its same old story. when carrying out the steps it looked as if i will come back from the dead but same
I guess i have to spend some money with a pc mechanic which i was trying to avoid,

It really suck.
What type of windows are you on? Vista or XP? If it's Vista, what version?
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2009
umbawo:

Deji,

It really suck.

Try again please. don't wait for anything else keep pressing F8 repeatedly

Until you see advance option that screen should come up no matter what

either you are not pressing the button hard enough or not too quick.

If no joy then am afraid to say. your system need

to be reinstall to scratch and start all over again. Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Pls Computer Gurus In The House Help Me Out by deji2009(m): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
registrar:

@ poster
Seems like u just installed windows update or service pack 2, it will tke up to 30 minutes to finish configuring. so just boot your system and leave it 2 finish configuring the updates.

Yeah, is a known issue.

(1) (Reply)

Grade A working Laptop For Sale in Ibadan. / I Need HP Pavillion Dm4 Laptop.. Best Offer Pls / Opening A Computer Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.