Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? (746 Views)

Just 2% Of Israel's Population Are Christians (What Then Is The Largest Religion / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? / Pastors And Thier Role In This Recession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by houstonia(m): 12:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
I really have been thinking about this topic for a very long time. please this isn't meant to create negative feelings or turn people against Christianity.

I am a Christian and i have vowed to be for the rest of my life. I have also realized that in my Country Nigeria today, the people who are supposed to be the church according to the holy book have rather bowdlerize this understanding and replaced it with a "building" owned by an individual whom they enthusiastically idolize and will go any mile to defend against the truth.

to avoid saying much, i know that as a Christian in this harsh economy a man's last detour option from dissonance to a possible consonance is God. We also know as people that God will help us but mostly through man.

In this tough times Churches still source for donation and willful contributions (ofcourse indirectly build up compunction in the heart of brethren who are broke)

my question is how has your church taken into consideration the harsh situation and rendered help to fellow Christians? Those who might think my topic is senseless should know the church can never be in recession. If unified the Nigerian Church is wealthier than Carlos Slim or even Bill Gate and with so much money invested in mostly high-end education in the name of the church (even though no member can lay claim to any of the educational equipment or facility labelling it "our own"wink its necessary to know what ways they have helped us.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by Bamz555: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2016
Time To Break My Silence.

Each time I try to keep silence my conscience won't let me be,just as I recall one that the man in me dies when I keep mute in the place of oppression.

Yes I used the word oppression here to justify the suffix on the unjust rustication of a 200L student of the prestigious university of Abuja my alma-mater by the disciplinary panel of the institution because he mobilised students for the peaceful NLC protest over the sudden increment of fuel pump price.

Peaceful protest is not a crime in any sane society and why would that of Ameh Destiny be different?

The likes of Late Obafemi Awolowo And Nnamdi Azikiwe Zik of Africa fought and protested for the liberation and emancipation of this nation and Africa students during the colonial era.

Segun Okeowo of this world also fought and led many struggle for the emancipation and liberation from the shackles of the oppressor.

I therefore call on civil society, human rights activist, union leaders both present and past, the leadership of National Association of Nigeria students national body led by Comrade Aruna Kadiri Nans Jcc Fct Axis led by Comrade Abubakar Yahaya M and other concerned comrades to rise and come to the rescue of this young man.

Amanga Awetu!

We Shall Not Relent!!

Okeke Nnaemeka Rolland
#WeDemandJustice

#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny
#BringBackOurDestiny

*BringBackOurDestiny*!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!
*BringBackOurDestiny*!!!

The entire Unibuja students demand the reinstatement of Comr. Ameh Destiny or show Comr. Felix the exit door too.
Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by adegoody(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2016
houstonia:

my question is how has your church taken into consideration the harsh situation and rendered help to fellow Christians? Those who might think my topic is senseless should know the church can never be in recession. If unified the Nigerian Church is wealthier than Carlos Slim or even Bill Gate and with so much money invested in mostly high-end education in the name of the church (even though no member can lay claim to any of the educational equipment or facility labelling it "our own"wink its necessary to know what ways they have helped us.

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by Alylola: 1:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
have the so called "fellow christians" requested the church's help or assistance in those circumstances or should the church guess things for them? is there a place where christians have seek help from the church and it has been refused? The problem with common christians is that in times of financial trouble, they don't think that the church could have the responsibility of helping them and that they have the right to be assisted, I mean that they can claim for assistance from the church. But most people have been conditioned to think that the fact that they are mostly "givers" does not give them the right to be assisted, there is some form of tabou and people rather seek help from other sources; each church should have a social department in order to assist its members cos even the Bible states that tithes and offerings are meant to help the needy in the congregation, so I blame those in need because they don't read their Bible in order to claim their rights!
Since what believers give does not go to heaven, each church should keep record of what people give and in the time of need, their giving should speak for them (in their congregation); it's like a bank, what people give is their saving; they shouldn't only rip in a spiritual way, they should also rip physically;
Dorcas died in the Bible and her good deeds and giving spoke for her and Peter could resurrect her; now what if people don't die like Dorcas? what if they have financial trouble? Dorcas got a spiritual help because of her giving, but what if people need physical help like money? Peter, the servant of God was used to help Dorcas spiritually, the same today, servants of God should be able to help those in the church who are in need physically, especially if the church's bank account has certain size because of what people gave; they gave it in order for it to be used by all, not for the man of God and his family alone!!
Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by NATIONALPASTOR: 1:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
The church does not hawk help.
Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by Rossikki: 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
The church? They introduced larger trays for contribution.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by frubben(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
They raise money to build more church.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by frubben(m): 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
Alylola:
have the so called "fellow christians" requested the church's help or assistance in those circumstances or should the church guess things for them? is there a place where christians have seek help from the church and it has been refused? The problem with common christians is that in times of financial trouble, they don't think that the church could have the responsibility of helping them and that they have the right to be assisted, I mean that they can claim for assistance from the church. But most people have been conditioned to think that the fact that they are mostly "givers" does not give them the right to be assisted, there is some form of tabou and people rather seek help from other sources; each church should have a social department in order to assist its members cos even the Bible states that tithes and offerings are meant to help the needy in the congregation, so I blame those in need because they don't read their Bible in order to claim their rights!
Since what believers give does not go to heaven, each church should keep record of what people give and in the time of need, their giving should speak for them (in their congregation); it's like a bank, what people give is their saving; they shouldn't only rip in a spiritual way, they should also rip physically;
Dorcas died in the Bible and her good deeds and giving spoke for her and Peter could resurrect her; now what if people don't die like Dorcas? what if they have financial trouble? Dorcas got a spiritual help because of her giving, but what if people need physical help like money? Peter, the servant of God was used to help Dorcas spiritually, the same today, servants of God should be able to help those in the church who are in need physically, especially if the church's bank account has certain size because of what people gave; they gave it in order for it to be used by all, not for the man of God and his family alone!!

Mister long write up, just 1 question.

The first time that jesus feed the people, did they ask or he perceived they were hungry?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by GoodMuyis(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2016
This should have being individual answer. if members do their visitation proper, they will know and give report back to elder.

This will enable leaders to act. an those in need should inform their sectional leader. Even an individual can render help to other church members, w/o calling anybody.

Myself still in my 20s I have assisted family individual, in challenges w/o informing anyone.

Also lets not forget that giving is by revelation.

1 Like

Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by houstonia(m): 8:41am On Nov 29, 2016
frubben:

Mister long write up, just 1 question.

The first time that jesus feed the people, did they ask or he perceived they were hungry?

You just made sense my brother.

Mahatma Gandhi said "i will become a Christian if only i can find anyone like Jesus"
Re: Christians, What Has Your Church Done To Help You In This Recession? by petra1(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2016
The place and role of the church is to preach the gospel and teach the word of God

(1) (Reply)

Whats Going On In This Pic? I Need An Explanation / See This Hilarious Bet9ja Church Advert. / Late People In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.