Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Help A Depressed Soul. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help A Depressed Soul. (2349 Views)

. / If you are ever depressed: Read this.... / I Feel I Am Being Punished By A Supreme Force(depressed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
My life is spinning like a fan and seems it's going to stop abruptly.. Please, is there any strong and reliable church someone can go to?
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Splinz(m): 2:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
Legend87:
My life is spinning like a fan and seems it's going to stop abruptly.. Please, is there any strong and reliable church someone can go to?

What could be the cause of your depression- recession
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:17pm On Nov 28, 2016
Splinz:

What could be the cause of your depression- recession

My dear, it's not really the recession... There's more to what i'm passing through than the recession.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 2:19pm On Nov 28, 2016
Legend87:

My brother, its well.

First of all I want to let you know that Jesus knows you personally...and I thank God for your ability to recognise that only Jesus offers true peace....I tell you nothing else can...human beings keep seeking peace in ourselves and other things around and that's y we never find it... However Jesus gives total peace and joy...the devil sowed a seed of depression in your life that's all... Just rebuke it...pray to God ask him to help you...meditate Gods Word...I will also advice you to pray along with prophet tbJoshua or try going to synagogue..pls ignore any foolish comment...cause I know demons will try to stop you by using human beings...take my advice and may Gods great peace be upon you in the Name of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:22pm On Nov 28, 2016
warmachine:

My brother, its well.

First of all I want to let you know that Jesus knows you personally...and I thank God for your ability to recognise that only Jesus offers true peace....I tell you nothing else can...human beings keep seeking peace in ourselves and other things around and that's y we never find it... However Jesus gives total peace and joy...the devil sowed a seed of depression in your life that's all... Just rebuke it...pray to God ask him to help you...meditate Gods Word...I will also advice you to pray along with prophet tbJoshua or try going to synagogue..pls ignore any foolish comment...cause I know demons will try to stop you by using human beings...take my advice and may Gods great peace be upon you in the Name of Jesus.
Thanks for the words/advice... But how can i pray with the Prophet when i don't have his contact? Mobile or mail..
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 2:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
Legend87:

Thanks for the words/advice... But how can i pray with the Prophet when i don't have his contact? Mobile or mail..

Its on you tube dear...Gods power is transferable and can even be stored in physical objects....like when apostle Paul touched aprons and handkerchiefs and they where used to heal people...the power has been released.. Just tap Into it...search the video on youtube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:29pm On Nov 28, 2016
warmachine:

Its on you tube dear...Gods power is transferable and can even be stored in physical objects....like when apostle Paul touched aprons and handkerchiefs and they where used to heal people...the power has been released.. Just tap Into it...search the video on youtube

Okay.. Thanks. I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 2:33pm On Nov 28, 2016
What's the matter bro? What do you worry about mostly? Hope I can help
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
What's the matter bro? What do you worry about mostly? Hope I can help

So much, my dear. Instinctively, i think i need spiritual help/deliverance..
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 2:43pm On Nov 28, 2016
Legend87:

Okay.. Thanks. I appreciate.

Thank you for taking the Word too
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 2:45pm On Nov 28, 2016
You need therapy. Have you tried to talk to someone?
Legend87:

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by ammyluv2002(f): 2:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
My dear, I think you need to make peace with the giver of peace. Jesus said in the scriptures "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest"

I'm not here to tell you where to worship,but I believe if you listen very well to your inner heart, there's something the spirit is telling you. Pray and ask God to direct you to any church that will build up your faith and help you reconcile with Him.

There's one thing about churches people fail to understand. ..it's not all about a particular church. It's all about the Spirit working in that particular parish. Some of these pastors are not usually filled with the spirit that's why people don't get filled after going to church. The scriptures will always say "And so the disciples were filled with the spirit that after preaching thousands gave their lives to Christ"

This is not also the time for you to doubt the love of God in your life. Heavenly race is not moimoi as my pastor would say. This is an opportunity for you to build your faith and work out your salvation in Christ. There's one things we Christians are privileged to have "Hope" hope for tomorrow, hope that as Christ liveth things will get better. I would advise you to hold tight to that hope, knowing fully well that this stage you're passing through right now will not last forever.

Wish you all the best and I pray you find that which you seek

2 Likes

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 2:47pm On Nov 28, 2016
You need to share what is on your mind that troubles you. For men, most times it's because of lack (income, love, companions, support etc) When you start sharing, you'll find that you are not alone. Problem shared is half solved. So...let's talk about it smiley and if I can provide help I would.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2016
You don't need a church to go to. Just read your Bible start with the Gospel according to St John and pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ said these words that I speak is life and spirit and it will set you free. Trust me, you don't need the 'deliverance' you think you need. You can send a message if you feel like talking to someone. It'll help.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 2:57pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
You need to share what is on your mind that troubles you. For men, most times it's because of lack (income, love, companions, support etc) When you start sharing, you'll find that you are not alone. Problem shared is half solved. So...let's talk about it smiley and if I can provide help I would.

That's true.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by xmileeasy: 3:06pm On Nov 28, 2016
ammyluv2002:
My dear, I think you need to make peace with the giver of peace. Jesus said in the scriptures "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest"

I'm not here to tell you where to worship,but I believe if you listen very well to your inner heart, there's something the spirit is telling you. Pray and ask God to direct you to any church that will build up your faith and help you reconcile with Him.

There's one thing about churches people fail to understand. ..it's not all about a particular church. It's all about the Spirit working in that particular parish. Some of these pastors are not usually filled with the spirit that's why people don't get filled after going to church. The scriptures will always say "And so the disciples were filled with the spirit that after preaching thousands gave their lives to Christ"

This is not also the time for you to doubt the love of God in your life. Heavenly race is not moimoi as my pastor would say. This is an opportunity for you to build your faith and work out your salvation in Christ. There's one things we Christians are privileged to have "Hope" hope for tomorrow, hope that as Christ liveth things will get better. I would advise you to hold tight to that hope, knowing fully well that this stage you're passing through right now will not last forever.

Wish you all the best and I pray you find that which you seek

Just to add to your point;

Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

There's no storm that Jesus cannot calm, His peace surpasses all human understanding. You can share your issues with someone who truly have a relationship with Christ.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2016
You could send a message. 'Deliverance' I guess is the pentecostal church version for exorcism - is for victims of demonic possession. Such cases are extremely rare and if you were indeed possessed, you certainly won't be here talking about the need for exorcism. Read your Bible, pray and realise it's your struggle, your martydom. In Christ, you will overcome.

Isaiah 58:10-11 'and if you give bread to the hungry from your soul, and satisfy the humble soul, then your light shall rise up in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as midday. God shall be with you continually and you shall be satisfied as your soul desires...'

Don't worry if you don't have anything to give, just continue to pray for the poor oppressed and helpless. You will be fine. smiley
Legend87:

That's true.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by ammyluv2002(f): 3:16pm On Nov 28, 2016
xmileeasy:

Just to add to your point;

Jeremiah 3:15 "And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding".

There's no storm that Jesus cannot calm, His peace surpasses all human understanding. You can share your issues with someone who truly have a relationship with Christ.
Yeah, you're right
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Omudia11: 3:27pm On Nov 28, 2016
I have two options for you depending on where you are. 1 - Prophet TB Joshua. Like a user above said, ignore any negative comment you must have heard about him and go there. God is truly working wonders there.

2- Omega Power Ministries if you're in PH.If you go to OPM this coming Sunday or any Sunday, you will definitely see the general overseer and he will give you an assignment after which your problems will be over. Most people get their deliverances, healings and breakthroughs on the first day of the assignment. Good luck.

Legend87:
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Omudia11: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2016
I was going to say same.
Legend87:

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Omudia11: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2016
Lol...the bolded is what the devil uses in deceiving people. He needs that deliverance.
TheEminentLaity:
You don't need a church to go to. Just read your Bible start with the Gospel according to St John and pray. Our Lord Jesus Christ said these words that I speak is life and spirit and it will set you free. Trust me, you don't need the 'deliverance' you think you need. You can send a message if you feel like talking to someone. It'll help.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2016
So you think he needs to go to Omega Power Ministries before he would access God. And you don't see a problem with your thinking? Keep believing nonsense. You certainly don't know about demonic possession and God.
Omudia11:
Lol...the bolded is what the devil uses in deceiving people. He needs that deliverance.
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2016
Omudia11:

U perfectly understand... Lol...I even saw someone who said demonic possession is rare...little do they know that there are different levels of spiritual operation...peace to your bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
So you think he needs to go to Omega Power Ministries before he would access God. And you don't see a problem with your thinking? Keep believing nonsense. You certainly don't know about demonic possession and God.

Sis...pls be calm...I sense anger...the truth is that he is correct...pls don't criticize what you might not be sure about...if you are sure he knew less I tell you you would have been gentle without bitterness...pls I am indeed telling you that we all need deliverance...if you don't understand y I said so then you need to know more...peace

And about the omega ministries that may probably be the place he knows he has felt Gods power
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
I can't deal with the ignorance here. You guys make Christianity look like it's meant for stupid people. Someone is depressed because he lacks something instead of offering to give something he lacks to him to help him (Faith without works is dead) you talk about deliverance and rubbish. Abeg OP believe what you will. Run to the pastor and become his puppet. You can send a message, I know how it feels and I think I can help.

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
Deliverance from what? It's that what you've been brainwashed to believe? Continue going for deliverance. Don't get educated, don't read the Bible.
warmachine:

Sis...pls be calm...I sense anger...the truth is that he is correct...pls don't criticize what you might not be sure about...if you are sure he knew less I tell you you would have been gentle without bitterness...pls I am indeed telling you that we all need deliverance...if you don't understand y I said so then you need to know more...peace
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
I can't deal with the ignorance here. You guys make Christianity look like it's meant for stupid people. Someone is depressed because he lacks something instead of offering to give something he lacks to him to help him (Faith without works is dead) you talk about deliverance and rubbish. Abeg OP believe what you will. Run to the pastor and become his puppet. You can send a message, I know how it feels.

If only you will be calm...I bet you will learn a lot...I'm sure that the promises of Christ haven't fully been manifest in your life...I can see it on your language... I do not mean to hurt you or prove I'm better but however I just feel its wrong for you to make such comments...

And the easiest way of fooling we believers is with the Word...you didn't really get what James meant(I have a feeling you may want to counter this)...like I said...I don't want to make a fight...I bear no bitterness... Pls just understand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by warmachine(m): 3:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
Deliverance from what? It's that what you've been brainwashed to believe? Continue going for deliverance. Don't get educated, don't read the Bible.

Sister human education profits nothing... It has no control over peace....well I'm done with talking...I sense anger and I can't be a party to it...peace

1 Like

Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2016
Human education profits nothing cheesy grin Next time you have malaria go for deliverance. Why are you using a smartphone? You sound like Boko Haram now cheesy grin Education is evil!
warmachine:

Sister human education profits nothing... It has no control over peace....well I'm done with talking...I sense anger and I can't be a party to it...peace
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by hopefulLandlord: 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
I can't deal with the ignorance here. You guys make Christianity look like it's meant for stupid people. Someone is depressed because he lacks something instead of offering to give something he lacks to him to help him (Faith without works is dead) you talk about deliverance and rubbish. Abeg OP believe what you will. Run to the pastor and become his puppet. You can send a message, I know how it feels and I think I can help.

thank you
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by TheEminentLaity: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
I am calm but also a bit troubled how a seemingly educated person thinks one has to run to his 'special' church to be set free by the power of God. You obviously haven't or don't read the Bible perhaps it's a comprehension problem. Yeah right, tell me what St James meant. Maybe you didn't read it but I'll paraphrase in pidgin for you 'Person never chop, you dey tell am about your faith/church...show me your faith/church and I go show you my works/food...faith for mouth only na zombie'

OP the Bible says resist the devil and he will flee from you...Draw near to God and He will to you. There is no church or Omega Power deliverance for everything there. Also, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God and Christ says 'Sanctify them with Your truth, Thy word is truth'...that's why I said read the Gospels and pray. If you also need something, I would if I can.

warmachine:

If only you will be calm...I bet you will learn a lot...I'm sure that the promises of Christ haven't fully been manifest in your life...I can see it on your language... I do not mean to hurt you or prove I'm better but however I just feel its wrong for you to make such comments...

And the easiest way of fooling we believers is with the Word...you didn't really get what James meant(I have a feeling you may want to counter this)...like I said...I don't want to make a fight...I bear no bitterness... Pls just understand
Re: Help A Depressed Soul. by Legend87(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2016
TheEminentLaity:
I am calm but also a bit troubled how a seemingly educated person thinks one has to run to his 'special' church to be set free by the power of God. You obviously haven't or don't read the Bible perhaps it's a comprehension problem. Yeah right, tell me what St James meant. Maybe you didn't read it but I'll paraphrase in pidgin for you 'Person never chop, you dey tell am about your faith/church...show me your faith/church and I go show you my works/food...faith for mouth only na zombie'

OP the Bible says resist the devil and he will flee from you...Draw near to God and He will to you. There is no church or Omega Power deliverance for everything there. Also, Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God and Christ says 'Sanctify them with Your truth, Thy word is truth'...that's why I said read the Gospels and pray. If you also need something, I would if I can.

Thanks a million.. I appreciate ur words and concerns. I'm really grateful.

I tried to pm you but it wouldn't go through.

This is my mail, sir. Alisteven39@gmail.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Churches And Ponzi Schemes (MMM) / Nathaniel Bassey - Olowogbogboro / The Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.