Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,226 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. (2752 Views)

When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex / Masquerade Converts To Christianity And Becomes An Evangelist In 6 Months(photo) / Money Ritual In Nigeria: Do You Have Any Evidence It Works? (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2016
The adjective form of the noun Myopia is - Myopic.
Myopic means shortsighted. In the context of the premise of this thread, what I mean by myopic is the inability to see or reason beyond a limited or constrained scope.

Christians and muslims are not just myopic in their thinking, but also in their perception of their environment. Within this myopia, there is also a thread of selfishness that runs through it.

When one examines the beliefs of these people, one would notice that it's constrained to a limited radius. These people actually believe that the world and everything in it exists solely for the manifestation and fulfillment of their beliefs. They believe that everything that preceded the origin of their beliefs was designed to culminate in the birth and progress of their beliefs. In my opinion, this represents a huge problem. Because if anyone can reason this way, then I don't think such a person is intellectually competent to handle any position that requires reasoning.

Think about this. Christianity and Islam are roughly 2000 years old. Their mother religion, Judaism, is 6000 years old. The earth is over 4 billion years old. Biological species have existed since 3.5 billion years ago. Let's say humans didn't evolve from apes, okay. Let's just say the first humans miraculously originated from dust, since to religious people, this a more sensible and plausible explanation for our origin. Evidence from anthropology and paleontology suggests that modern humans have been existing for at least 60,000 years. But for the sake of most religious folks who believe that science is lying about this, let's say that modern humans have been existing for the past 10,000 years. No person with a functioning brain and a history textbook would argue against this.

Now, going by this agreed, needless hypothesis, it means that humans have been existing 4000 years or so before God decided to show himself to man. Now, this is the point where the myopia of religious people begins to unfold. Biological species have been existing for the past 3.5 billion years. This value shouldn't cause an argument. It's a scientific fact. If you deduct 6000 from 3.5 billion years, it wouldn't make much difference. It would still be a well over 3 billion years. Consider the amount of species that have existed throughout this time. Consider the genetic defects. Consider the deaths that have occurred. Consider the fact that 99% of every organism that ever existed throughout this time have gone extinct.

Religious people actually believe that all this happened so that it would pave a way for their religion to be established. Because when you think about it, life is like a domino. Everything that we are currently experiencing, was formed in a crucible of prior causes. So according to religious people, all the animals that died and all the pain they experienced was for the survival of a particular specie of that could be domesticated and sacrificed to a God, who surprisingly, liked the scent of their burning skin.

Now let's leave the animals and come to humans. Bear in mind that for the sake of ignorance, we are using the 10000 year old hypothesis. Now imagine what the humans species had to pass through between the year 10000BCE and 6000BCE. Humans at that time were hunter gatherers, moving aimlessly from place to place. An important question has to be raised at this point. Where was God then? Why didn't he show himself to these people then? Why did he have to wait 4000 years to do this?

Now lets consider the lives of these early humans. They didn't have sophisticated weapons then. All they had were crude tools. Definitely a lot of them would have died and lost their children to wild animals and harsh weather conditions. Religious people believe that all this happened just to pave a way for the manifestation of their religion.

Fast forward 6000 years into the future. It's 4000BCE. God has already appeared to the Jews. But the religion is solely theirs. The creator of the universe decided to choose a particular branch of humanity to bestow his love and care, while ignoring the remaining sect of his creations. Christians and Muslims also don't see anything wrong with this. I don't even think that their thoughts have ever wandered towards this space of thinking. So while the whole world was wallowing in darkness, the creator of the universe decided to show his light only the jews. Wow. It had to take 4000 years before he'd establish his true intentions by sending his son Jesus to the earth to die, or in the Islamic system of belief, Mohammed to be divinely inspired to pen the quran.

Now just examine the above. Does this make any sense? Our universe is about 13.8 billion years old. God, the creator of the universe, decided to wait for 13.8 billion years before he'd reveal his true intentions for creating it. Then probably less than 2500 years later, going by the whole christ is coming soon mantra, he'd destroy it. Does this in any way make sense?

So the whole point of creating the world with all the suffering and death and banality and all large space of time in between, was for Jesus christ to come and take people to heaven 2000 and something years after manifesting billions of years after the creation of this world?

Consider the socio-political wars that preceded christianity and Islam. Consider the empires that had to fall. The changes that had to be made and the people that had to bare the brunt of these changes by death and suffering. Christians and Muslims actually believe that all this happened for their beliefs to be revealed to the whole of mankind. These people believe that the world revolves around their beliefs. Christians believe that soon the world will end, and they would be taken to heaven, because that's been the whole point all along.

If there is a scale for intellectual myopia, these people should rank highest on this scale.

Smh.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
There is young earth creationism - the belief earth is between 10,000 - 6000 years

There is Old Earth creationism - the belief earth is as old as science says it is

There is Progressive Creationism - the belief God created life gradually over millions of years

There is theistic evolution - The belief God used natural selection as a mechanism for creation

It is clear the OP is ignorant of these and how they could affect his argument

Thank you

Thread closed !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by felixomor: 10:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
So its arheists that now have "long sightedness" or satan worshippers?

Mschewww
undecided
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by hopefulLandlord: 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2016
interesting
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is young earth creationism - the belief earth is between 10,000 - 6000 years

There is Old Earth creationism - the belief earth is as old as science says it is

There is Progressive Creationism - the belief God created life gradually over millions of years

There is theistic evolution - The belief God used natural selection as a mechanism for creation

It is clear the OP is ignorant of these .

Thank you

Thread closed !

All this has nothing to do with the premise of my thread.

No offense, but most times you act like an immature little kid. You just make comments without thinking. You see every thread on religious section as a platform for you to show off how much of a smartass you are, which is quite ironic, and how easily you can discredit atheist arguments.
You see NL as a circus, and you a dancer, and you hop into every thread like a ballerina, dancing to the melody of unabashed ignorance.

This approach is harmful to your intellectual growth. I have noticed that you don't engage in debates to learn, you engage in debates to just win and that is a serious problem. When I create threads, I do it with the open possibility that someone would change my mind, but sadly, all I get is ad-hominem attacks and side stepping of the premise.

The problem with you outspoken Christians on this section, like you and the guy above, is that a simple intelligent argument from you guys is all that would convince us athiests. Not ad-hominem attacks, not circumventing the premise of our thread, not obfuscating the debate or discussion, not posting memes and presenting erroneous data as facts. Just a well written, persuasive and reasonable argument.

You clicked on this thread, read a few lines of my op, and proceeded to post nonsense that has nothing to do with my thesis. Please read my op line by line and come up with a tenable response.

Thanks.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

All this has nothing to do with the premise of my thread.

No offense, but most times you act like an immature little kid. You just make comments without thinking. You see every thread on religious section as a platform for you to show off how much of a smartass you are, which is quite ironic, and how easily you can discredit atheist arguments.
You see NL as a circus, and you a dancer, and you hop into every thread like a ballerina, dancing to the melody of unabashed ignorance.

This approach is harmful to your intellectual growth. I have noticed that you don't engage in debates to learn, you engage in debates to just win and that is a serious problem. When I create threads, I do it with the open possibility that someone would change my mind, but sadly, all I get is ad-hominem attacks and side stepping of the premise.

The problem with you outspoken Christians on this section, like you and the guy above, is that a simple intelligent argument from you guys is all that would convince us athiests. Not ad-hominem attacks, not circumventing the premise of our thread, not obfuscating of the debate, not posting memes and presenting erroneous data as facts. Just a well written, persuasive and reasonable argument.

You clicked on this thread, read a few lines of my op, and proceeded to post nonsense that has nothing to do with my thesis. Please read my op line by line and come up with a tenable response.

Thanks.

Why are you butt-hurt

You believe that life is meaningless . So what do you tend to achieve by opening this thread ? Give me a reasonable response and I will take my time to refute every single sentence you have put up there .
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by hopefulLandlord: 11:28pm On Nov 28, 2016
^^
Red Herring alert!

5 Likes

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why are you butt-hurt

You believe that life is meaningless . So what do you tend to achieve by opening this thread ? Give me a reasonable response and I will take my time to refute every single sentence you have put up there .

Still evading the premise of this thread...

I would have loved to present a well thought out reply to your question, but it would definitely devolve into an argument that would stray from the premise of this thread.

Please attend to the premise of this thread.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
^^

Red Herring alert!

Its not a Red Herring . What is his gain if I abjure my belief in God ? What exactly would he gain ? Why should I pay attention to a proponent of Nihilism ? He believes lives is meaningless - do you how dangerous that is to hold such beliefs undecided
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by hopefulLandlord: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Its not a Red Herring . What is his gain if I abjure my belief in God ? What exactly would he gain ? Why should I pay attention to a proponent of Nihilism ? He believes lives is meaningless - do you how dangerous that is to hold such beliefs undecided

Red Herring again!

7 Likes

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

I would have loved to present a well thought out reply to your question, but it would definitely devolve into an argument that would stray from the premise of this thread.

Ruminate on these :

1. There are Christians who believe in reincarnation and that souls (spirits ) are the ones who would be judged . That means the souls of those who existed in the past -thousands of years ago -are still being reincarnated during this present time .

2. There are Christians who believe the Pre-Adamites were sub-humans and were destroyed by Lucifer's flood . So they(Pre-Adamites) don't get judged .

3. The bible says that Nature serves as evidence for God and that the desire to know God has been ingrained in humans . So those humans who have existed before Christ will be judged by their works . Example : Abraham was saved by grace through faith . He was justified by his works. Abraham believed in God and it was credited to him as righteousness .

4. The knowledge of God was revealed to humans even during the antediluvian period . Example Enoch

Book of Enoch in verses 14-15
“Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: ‘See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.’”

That means there were others who indeed walked with God without Religion .

There are so many perspectives Christian see this , so stop being fixated on one .

2 Likes

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ruminate on these :

1. There are Christians who believe in reincarnation and that souls (spirits ) are the ones who would be judged . That means the souls of those who existed in the past -thousands of years ago -are still being reincarnated during this present time .

2. There are Christians who believe the Pre-Adamites were sub-humans and were destroyed by Lucifer's flood . So they(Pre-Adamites) don't get judged .

3. The bible says that Nature serves as evidence for God and that the desire to know God has been ingrained in humans . So those humans who have existed before Christ will be judged by their works . Example : Abraham was saved by grace through faith . He was justified by his works. Abraham believed in God and it was credited to him as righteousness .

4. The knowledge of God was revealed to humans even during the antediluvian period . Example Enoch

Book of Enoch in verses 14-15

“Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men: ‘See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all the ungodly of all the ungodly acts they have done in the ungodly way, and of all the harsh words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.’”

That means there were others that indeed walked with God without Religion .

There are so many perspectives Christian see this , so stop being fixated on one .

Again Thread Closed!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:02am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Again Thread Closed!!

grin
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by wiegraf: 2:34am On Nov 29, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

If he were reasonable he wouldn't be blindly religious. Just ignore him.

I really wonder why people here give him their time, but that could be just me (unlikely, he's Homer Simpson level of bumbling clown from what I can see)

As for the rank selfishness of the religious, the more cultured ones could argue that consciousness and freewill (in particular) is the grand aim, and not necessarily ours. They would also argue that resources spent are insignificant to the god. For instance, you need just set down the basic rules and let the program run, the rest would be generated automatically. In this case the basic rules would be the laws of physics. Once that is established the rest comes automatically

Of course I don't buy any of it, though under certain conditions some of it may be feasible

But yeah, most of them believe this universe was created just for them just because, and they don't see anything wrong in that because they are just that special

1 Like

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Again Thread Closed!!

How does this close the thread? How about you? What's your own perspective? Or are you going to sheepishly cling on to someone else's like you usually do?
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 29, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

How does this close the thread? How about you? What's your own perspective? Or are you going to sheepishly cling on to someone else's like you usually do?

I mentioned you in a video. Go take a look. Armchair atheism is unacceptable
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Urahara3: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2016
GrizzlyBear:
Myopic means shortsighted. In the context of the premise of this thread, what I mean by myopic is the inability to see or reason beyond a limited or constrained scope.

Christians and muslims are not just myopic in their thinking, but also in their perception of their environment. Within this myopia, there is also a thread of selfishness that runs through it.

When one examines the beliefs of these people, one would notice that it's constrained to a limited radius. These people actually believe that the world and everything in it exists solely for the manifestation and fulfillment of their beliefs. They believe that everything that preceded the origin of their beliefs was designed to culminate in the birth and progress of their beliefs. In my opinion, this represents a huge problem. Because if anyone can reason this way, then I don't think such a person is intellectually competent to handle any position that requires reasoning.

Think about this. Christianity and Islam are roughly 2000 years old. Their mother religion, Judaism, is 6000 years old. The earth is over 4 billion years old. Biological species have existed since 3.5 billion years ago. Let's say humans didn't evolve from apes, okay. Let's just say the first humans miraculously originated from dust, since to religious people, this a more sensible and plausible explanation for our origin. Evidence from anthropology and paleontology suggests that modern humans have been existing for at least 60,000 years. But for the sake of most religious folks who believe that science is lying about this, let's say that modern humans have been existing for the past 10,000 years. No person with a functioning brain and a history textbook would argue against this.

Now, going by this agreed, needless hypothesis, it means that humans have been existing 4000 years or so before God decided to show himself to man. Now, this is the point where the myopia of religious people begins to unfold. Biological species have been existing for the past 3.5 billion years. This value shouldn't cause an argument. It's a scientific fact. If you deduct 6000 from 3.5 billion years, it wouldn't make much difference. It would still be a well over 3 billion years. Consider the amount of species that have existed throughout this time. Consider the genetic defects. Consider the deaths that have occurred. Consider the fact that 99% of every organism that ever existed throughout this time have gone extinct.

Religious people actually believe that all this happened so that it would pave a way for their religion to be established. Because when you think about it, life is like a domino. Everything that we are currently experiencing, was formed in a crucible of prior causes. So according to religious people, all the animals that died and all the pain they experienced was for the survival of a particular specie of that could be domesticated and sacrificed to a God, who surprisingly, liked the scent of their burning skin.

Now let's leave the animals and come to humans. Bear in mind that for the sake of ignorance, we are using the 10000 year old hypothesis. Now imagine what the humans species had to pass through between the year 10000BCE and 6000BCE. Humans at that time were hunter gatherers, moving aimlessly from place to place. An important question has to be raised at this point. Where was God then? Why didn't he show himself to these people then? Why did he have to wait 4000 years to do this?

Now lets consider the lives of these early humans. They didn't have sophisticated weapons then. All they had were crude tools. Definitely a lot of them would have died and lost their children to wild animals and harsh weather conditions. Religious people believe that all this happened just to pave a way for the manifestation of their religion.

Fast forward 6000 years into the future. It's 4000BCE. God has already appeared to the Jews. But the religion is solely theirs. The creator of the universe decided to choose a particular branch of humanity to bestow his love and care, while ignoring the remaining sect of his creations. Christians and Muslims also don't see anything wrong with this. I don't even think that their thoughts have ever wandered towards this space of thinking. So while the whole world was wallowing in darkness, the creator of the universe decided to show his light only the jews. Wow. It had to take 4000 years before he'd establish his true intentions by sending his son Jesus to the earth to die, or in the Islamic system of belief, Mohammed to be divinely inspired to pen the quran.

Now just examine the above. Does this make any sense? Our universe is about 13.8 billion years old. God, the creator of the universe, decided to wait for 13.8 billion years before he'd reveal his true intentions for creating it. Then probably less than 2500 years later, going by the whole christ is coming soon mantra, he'd destroy it. Does this in any way make sense?

So the whole point of creating the world with all the suffering and death and banality and all large space of time in between, was for Jesus christ to come and take people to heaven 2000 and something years after manifesting billions of years after the creation of this world?

Consider the socio-political wars that preceded christianity and Islam. Consider the empires that had to fall. The changes that had to be made and the people that had to bare the brunt of these changes by death and suffering. Christians and Muslims actually believe that all this happened for their beliefs to be revealed to the whole of mankind. These people believe that the world revolves around their beliefs. Christians believe that soon the world will end, and they would be taken to heaven, because that's been the whole point all along.

If there is a scale for intellectual myopia, these people should rank highest on this scale.

Smh.

............religion , the quintessential ingredient for making an individual think like a mumu

4 Likes

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Auki: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
GrizzlyBear:

When one examines the beliefs of these people, one would notice that it's constrained to a limited radius. These people actually believe that the world and everything in it exists solely for the manifestation and fulfillment of their beliefs[/i]. They believe that everything that preceded the origin of their beliefs was designed to culminate in the birth and progress of their beliefs. In my opinion, this represents a huge problem. Because if anyone can reason this way, then I don't think such a person is intellectually competent to handle any position that requires reasoning.

Now let's leave the animals and come to humans. Bear in mind that for the sake of ignorance, we are using the 10000 year old hypothesis. Now imagine what the humans species had to pass through between the year 10000BCE and 6000BCE. Humans at that time were hunter gatherers, moving aimlessly from place to place. An important question has to be raised at this point. Where was God then? Why didn't he show himself to these people then? Why did he have to wait 4000 years to do this? [i]

Fast forward 6000 years into the future. It's 4000BCE. God has already appeared to the Jews. But the religion is solely theirs. The creator of the universe decided to choose a particular branch of humanity to bestow his love and care, while ignoring the remaining sect of his creations. Christians and Muslims also don't see anything wrong with this. I don't even think that their thoughts have ever wandered towards this space of thinking. So while the whole world was wallowing in darkness, the creator of the universe decided to show his light only the jews[/i]. Wow. It had to take 4000 years before he'd establish his true intentions by sending his son Jesus to the earth to die, or in the Islamic system of belief, Mohammed to be divinely inspired to pen the quran.

Smh.

[/code][code]
......world and everything in it exists solely for the manifestation and fulfillment of their beliefs[/b][i]
. This I believes allude to Christian idea that everything that exist right from earth creation to Adam committing Sin and series of events that followed that was sort of preparing Jesus arrival.

Islam position is that Adam sought forgiveness from His Lord and was forgiving. When Adam and Eve realized that they have disobeyed God by eating the fruit they called:

"They said:'Our Lord we have wronged ourselves souls. If You forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers' " (Quran 7:23) And God accepts their plea:".. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went Astray. Then his Lord chose him, and turned to him with forgiveness, and gave him guidance." (Quran 20:121-122)

Islam is a continuation of the message received by previous prophets, such as Noah, Abraham, David, Moses and Jesus, peace be upon them all. The Quran describes that all the prophets taught people to believe in the One God, the Creator. The messengers also instructed them to spend their lives with God-consciousness, doing good deeds and avoiding sins. Moreover, they warned their fellow humans of accountability in the afterlife, a subject which the Quran returns to again and again.

[/code][code]
Where was God then? Why didn't he show himself to these people then? Why did he have to wait 4000 years to do this?
[/i]

God has never abandoned mankind. He promised to send guidance to mankind.

He said to Adam:
Get you down (upon the earth), all of you together, from Paradise, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then, if there comes to you guidance from Me, whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.” (Quran 20:123)

Some of the messengers sent are:

163 Lo! We inspire thee (Muhammad) as We inspired Noah and the prophets after him, as We inspired Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and Jesus and Job and Jonah and Aaron and Solomon, and as we imparted unto David the Psalms;

[/code][code]
b]creator of the universe decided to show his light only the jews[/b][i]

All nations messengers were sent not only to Jews.

Quran:

016:036 And verily We have raised in every nation a messenger, (proclaiming): Serve Allah and shun false gods. Then some of them (there were) whom Allah guided, and some of them (there were) upon whom error had just hold. Do but travel in the land and see the nature of the consequence for the deniers!

164 And messengers We have mentioned unto thee before and messengers We have not mentioned unto thee; and Allah spoke directly unto Moses;

165 Messengers of good cheer and off warning, in order that mankind might have no argument against Allah after the messengers. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.

1 Like

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by EyeHateGod: 11:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
@Auki do you know that Allah wasn't actually worshiped until Prophet Muhammad came into the Scene?
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by hopefulLandlord: 3:36am On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:
@Auki do you know that Allah wasn't actually worshiped until Prophet Muhammad came into the Scene?

really?
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by dalaman: 3:49am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

It is clear the OP is ignorant of these and how they could affect his argument

Thank you

Thread closed !

This only shows that there is confusion in christianity and that christians do not know what exactly to believe and as such they just keep making things up as they go. How can people that claim to have the word of God and are guided by some elusive holy Spirit hold such different and divergent views?

Doesn't this show you that christianity is just another man made venture? Which is the true position of the Christian God and what does the christian God want people to know about creation? Is there an entity that is as confused as the Christian God?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:53am On Nov 30, 2016
dalaman:

This only shows that there is confusion in christianity and that christians do not know what exactly to believe and as such they just keep making things up as they go. How can people that claim to have the word of God and are guided by some elusive holy Spirit hold such different and divergent views?

Doesn't this show you that christianity is just another man made venture? Which is the true position of the Christian God and what does the christian God want people to know about creation? Is there an entity that is as confused as the Christian God?

There are atheists in Religion and have religious beliefs , and there are atheists who mock religion and religious beliefs , does that mean atheists are confused people ?

Christians follow Christ and believe in salvation of their soul . All these differing views don't matter . Your saved soul is all that matters . Accepting Christ as your Lord and personal saviour .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by hopefulLandlord: 4:01am On Nov 30, 2016
dalaman:

2 Likes

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by dalaman: 4:08am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There are atheists in Religion and have religious beliefs , and there are atheists who mock religion and religious beliefs , does that mean atheists are confused people ?

Atheists do NOT lay claim to some supreme and perfect being who guides them and wants them to know anything. Atheist are humans and as humans they act like humans by having divergent views and perspective since no one is guiding them. Christains on the other hand pretend they have the creator of the universe at their side guiding them but all we see are confused people groping in the dark and not knowing or agreeing with each other on basic things. Again I repeat what is the true position of the Christian God on creation? Does anybody know? Do you know it? Can you tell me?

Christians follow Christ and believe in salvation of their soul . All these differing views don't matter . Your saved soul is all that matters . Accepting Christ as your Lord and personal saviour .

Another nonsense. How salvation can be achieved is still a major problem in christianity. Each sect have their own different views on how salvation can be achieved . Infact the basic nature of Jesus is still a major issue in christianity, while some christians believe Jesus is God himself others believe he isn't God but God's son. A distinct person from God. All have bible passages to support their ridiculous claims. Your drivel about differing views not mattering remains a lie. Go to answers in Genesis website and see how they have tied salvation to believing that the earth and the universe is 6000 years old. You are joke.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by felixomor: 4:15am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Gbam!
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by promisechuks: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2016
felixomor:
So its arheists that now have "long sightedness" or satan worshippers?

Mschewww
undecided
you even get their time.
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Auki: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Who is Allah?
Often one hears the Arabic word “Allah” being used in discussions regarding Islam. The word “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God, and is the same word used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews. As a matter of fact, the word Allah was in use far before the word God ever came into existence, since English is a relatively new language. If one were to pick up an Arabic translation of the Bible, one would see the word “Allah” being used where the word “God” is used in English. For instance, Arabic speaking Christians say that Jesus is, according to their canon belief, the Son of Allah.

In addition, the Arabic word for Almighty God, “Allah”, is quite similar to the word for God in other Semitic languages. For example, the Hebrew word for God is “Elah”. For various reasons, some non-muslims mistakenly believe that muslims worship a different God than the God of Moses and Abraham and Jesus.

This is certainly not the case, since the Pure Monotheism of Islam calls all people to the worship of the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all the other prophets, peace be upon them.
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by promisechuks: 6:56am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Why are you butt-hurt

gbam!!

your first statement, I mean after the question, is one of my main hatred towards atheism.

I have experienced it first hand.
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by promisechuks: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

he would gain, consoling himself that atheism is not yet dead and buried. false perception.
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Auki: 7:29am On Nov 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Who is Allah?
Often one hears the Arabic word “Allah” being used in discussions regarding Islam. The word “Allah” is simply the Arabic word for Almighty God, and is the same word used by Arabic speaking Christians and Jews. As a matter of fact, the word Allah was in use far before the word God ever came into existence, since English is a relatively new language. If one were to pick up an Arabic translation of the Bible, one would see the word “Allah” being used where the word “God” is used in English. For instance, Arabic speaking Christians say that Jesus is, according to their canon belief, the Son of Allah.

In addition, the Arabic word for Almighty God, “Allah”, is quite similar to the word for God in other Semitic languages. For example, the Hebrew word for God is “Elah”. For various reasons, some non-muslims mistakenly believe that muslims worship a different God than the God of Moses and Abraham and Jesus. This is certainly not the case, since the Pure Monotheism of Islam calls all people to the worship of the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all the other prophets, peace be upon them.

Even before Islam, If you ask an ignorant Arab who is the creator of heaven and Earth, he will surely say Allah as alluded to in the Quran.
Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by dalaman: 7:49am On Nov 30, 2016
Auki:

Who is Allah?
Often one hears the Arabic word “Allah” being used in discussions regarding Islam.

This is certainly not the case, since the Pure Monotheism of Islam calls all people to the worship of the God of Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and all the other prophets, peace be upon them.

Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus do not know any Allah. Allah is the invention of Mohammed and his cronies.

1 Like

Re: The Disturbing Condition Of Myopia Inherent In Christianity And Islam. by Auki: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2016
dalaman:

Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus do not know any Allah. Allah is the invention of Mohammed and his cronies.

Linguistically, ‘Allah’ is an Arabic word derived from the contraction of ‘AI’ and ‘Ilahi’, meaning ‘the God’, or by implication ‘the One God’. Like in other Semitic language ‘Allah’ or ‘Al-Ilahi'' is related to the Hebrew ‘EI’, meaning ‘God’ (Toombs LE 1971), and ‘El-Elohim’, meaning ‘God of Gods’ or ‘the God’ Beavin EL 1971).

This basic similarity between the Arabic ‘Al-Ilahi’, of which ‘Allah’ is a contraction, and the Hebrew ‘El-Elohim’ can be seen even more clearly when one considers the Arabic and Hebrew alphabets. Neither Arabic nor Hebrew have letters for vowels. Both languages have alphabets consisting only of consonants, and both rely on vowel markings, typically found only in formal writing, as a pronunciation guide.

The English transliteration of the Arabic ‘Al-Ilahi’ and of the Hebrew ‘El­Elohim’ have included these vowel markings. If one were to remove the English transliteration of these vowel markings, the Arabic becomes ‘AI­Ilh’ and the Hebrew becomes ‘El-Elhm’. If one were to remove the plural of respect, which is found only in the Hebrew, the Arabic remains ‘AIIlh’, while the Hebrew becomes ‘EI-Elh’, Finally, if one were to transliterate all Arabic ‘Alifs’ as ‘a’, and all Hebrew ‘Alifs’ as ‘a’, the Arabic becomes ‘AI-Alh'.' and the Hebrew becomes ‘AI-Alh’.

In other words, with the single exception that the Hebrew uses the plural of respect, ‘AI­Ilahi’, for which ‘Allah’ is a contraction, and ‘El-Elohim’, the Hebrew translated as ‘God’ in the English version of the Old Testament.

I hope this assist.

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ Lust Of The Flesh, And Why It's Bad To Love Money / Things Jesus Never Said

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.