Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma (1510 Views)

Mass Failure Rocks OAU Faculty Of Pharmacy / Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure / Jamb Records Mass Failure This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by LizzzyMaama2: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2016
I have been a Nairalander from over 6 years and an active one at that especially in the politics section. I had to use my sister's account to hide my identity. I appeal to the MODs to help push this topic to the frontfront to enlighten people about our plight.

NOUN RECORDS MASS FAILURE IN THE ON GOING EXAMINATIONS AFTER CANCELLING TMA FOR ITS STUDENTS

If I didn’t know better as a student of National Open University of Nigeria, I would say that the school has lost its core essence on why it was established. Noun is said to be an online/distance learning institution but in two months now the students have not been able to access the school portal ,and this has caused a major scare and unrest in the hearts of students nationwide, leading to most students not being able to get proper information, complete their course registration, pay their fees or even solve and submit their Tutor Marked assignments (TMA).
On Saturday the 1st of October 2016, students woke up nationwide to realize that the school’s website was down, and a larger percentage concluded that it was a minimal problem and it would be rectified shortly because it happens ocassionally, unknown to the students that it will remain the same till date. Not only that the TMA Portal has been down too and students cannot login to do their online tests.
The grading and final results for each course is a combination of the Tutor Marked Assignment which is 30 marks, and exams which is 70 marks. but the management has decided to scrap the Tutor Marked Assignment this semester without following due process or giving proper notice before exams started.
All these happened before exams for both returning students and freshers started their exams and up till now the management has not released a statement to reasonable explanation has been provided neither is there any positive steps to tackle the problem.
Not only that, the computer based exams started on the 23rd of November for both 100 level and 200 level students and so far mass failure has been recorded nationwide with only a handful scoring 50 and above in their exams. There have also been complains of malfunctioning computers and incomplete questions having no solutions in them but still yet no staff is giving any response to it and no official is saying anything about 
We the students nationwide are saying enough is enough with all the maltreatment and negligence of the above mentioned complaints by the school officials and authorities from the headquarters. below are our demands;
1. We demand and official statement to know what went wrong with our portal and the solution that will be made to address it.
2. We demand to know the plans concerning its students this semester concerning the Tutor Marked Assignment and exam grading.
3. Will our exams be graded over 100 this semester after most of us has submitted all or part of our Tutor Marked Assignments ?
These are our demands and we request they be properly addressed by the authorities at the headquarters in Abuja

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 29, 2016
NOUN is a waste of time and money. i stopped my wife from continuing with her masters programme there. they are only out to make money and waste people's time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by Solodavid(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2016
Noun is a good if I may say......but d issue of cancelling tutors Mark assignments is what no students will be able is understand because very institutions nidewide makes use of tests and exams b4 giving out their final grading. The issue of incomplete question and malfunctioning of their computers is what they should look into as soon as possible because the mass failure is much. I looked up to the management of NOUN and general public 4 help and support still justice is achieved
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by Funkybabee(f): 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2016
may God help us concerning the issue of portal down since past month, they are going to find solution to it. so that students will be able to submit there tma because if they dont do that all students will fail for this semester and no such school, even k.g 1 do test and exam for their respective grade
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by samfuntua: 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
what is happening to NOUN?
is it the new VC?
or TSA Account?
Federal Goverment do something quickly, NOUN is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2016
I thought I was the only one seeing d scores, after writing some 2oolvl courses I skipped earlier I noticed that d scores whr below 50 out of 120 where some questions were repeated twice. NOU keep giving excuses of moving to Abj as the fault. E-exams now look worse then pOP.
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by Splinz(m): 4:22pm On Nov 29, 2016
Op there's no cause for alarm. Uncompleted TMA's will be completed as soon as the site is back.

It has not been cancelled and can't be!
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by teejaymos(m): 4:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
LizzzyMaama2:
I have been a Nairalander from over 6 years and an active one at that especially in the politics section. I had to use my sister's account to hide my identity. I appeal to the MODs to help push this topic to the frontfront to enlighten people about our plight.

NOUN RECORDS MASS FAILURE IN THE ON GOING EXAMINATIONS AFTER CANCELLING.. TMA FOR ITS STUDENTS..

If I didn’t know better as a student of National Open University of Nigeria, I would say that the school has lost its core essence on why it was established. Noun is said to be an online/distance learning institution but in two months now the students have not been able to access the school portal ,and this has caused a major scare and unrest in the hearts of students nationwide, leading to most students not being able to get proper information, complete their course registration, pay their fees or even solve and submit their Tutor Marked assignments (TMA).
On Saturday the 1st of October 2016, students woke up nationwide to realize that the school’s website was down, and a larger percentage concluded that it was a minimal problem and it would be rectified shortly because it happens ocassionally, unknown to the students that it will remain the same till date. Not only that the TMA Portal has been down too and students cannot login to do their online tests.
The grading and final results for each course is a combination of the Tutor Marked Assignment which is 30 marks, and exams which is 70 marks. but the management has decided to scrap the Tutor Marked Assignment this semester without following due process or giving proper notice before exams started.
All these happened before exams for both returning students and freshers started their exams and up till now the management has not released a statement to reasonable explanation has been provided neither is there any positive steps to tackle the problem.
Not only that, the computer based exams started on the 23rd of November for both 100 level and 200 level students and so far mass failure has been recorded nationwide with only a handful scoring 50 and above in their exams. There have also been complains of malfunctioning computers and incomplete questions having no solutions in them but still yet no staff is giving any response to it and no official is saying anything about 
We the students nationwide are saying enough is enough with all the maltreatment and negligence of the above mentioned complaints by the school officials and authorities from the headquarters. below are our demands;
1. We demand and official statement to know what went wrong with our portal and the solution that will be made to address it.
2. We demand to know the plans concerning its students this semester concerning the Tutor Marked Assignment and exam grading.
3. Will our exams be graded over 100 this semester after most of us has submitted all or part of our Tutor Marked Assignments ?
These are our demands and we request they be properly addressed by the authorities at the headquarters in Abuja
am a student of noun and am experiencing this. Noun nid to be sue to court or they should score all students.. 100 /200 level.
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by komonibo(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2016
E go better
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by DanPel(m): 10:02pm On Nov 29, 2016
All i know a noun is a name of a person,animal,place or thing. Anyother thing apart from this,my broda u dey jonzzz
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by raymannie: 8:25pm On Nov 30, 2016
Noun seriously need to raise their game up.... What happened to ilearn videos, free course material, reliable marking system ... now portal is down ... Come on NOUN
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by klassiquepromzy: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2016
I am a student of noun, and seriously speaking, the state noun is in presently is as a result of bad leadership which lacks good planing skills and don't know when is the right time to make moves.
As a result of a big inappropriate move made by noun leaders in terminating a contract made with cyberspace without making sure there is a solid and running back up plan,the school and it's general body have been suffering it's consequences most especially the students.
NOUN WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE MASS FAILURE OF STUDENT
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT OUR TMA
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE SCHOOL AND STUDENTS PORTAL THAT HAVE BEEN CLOSED OVER MONTHS NOW??
AND WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT THE STUDENTS WHOM WHERE BADLY AFFECTED AS A RESULT OF THE PORTAL THAT WAS SHUT DOWN AND YOUR UNANNOUNCED EXAM THAT YOU FIXED WITHOUT MOST OF THE STUDENTS KNOWING
We need SOLUTIONS as quick as possible....#Rectifynoun... @nounilearn
Re: Noun Records Mass Failure In The On Going Examinations After Cancelling Tma by AYOOLA112: 11:39pm On May 01, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Student Exchange Visitor (SEVIS ) Fee Payment Made Easy / Question Of Consolidated Statement Of Financial Position / Nigerian Agip Oil Company Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2017 Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.