Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect (810 Views)

The Diary Of A Terrorist (True Life Story Of Unimaid Student Turned BH Member) / "Little Child" By REG Armattoe / A Letter From An Aborted Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 3:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
THE DIARY OF AN ABORTED CHILD 1

Carefully, I made my way from the cervix down the fallopian tube. The journey was swift until I was confronted by red ropes, wet and vibrating wall, black pods, big holes and tiny ropes like roots of a tree. The euphoria behind the purpose of my journey beclouded my phobia, hence I didn't give up. Father once talked to me about our responsibility as the male specie, I really wished to help my other 'siblings' trapped at the other end of this round gigantic 'building'.

With an oval head, a waggy tail and a slippery body, I raced anxiously down the dark tube which seemed an endless tunnel. After a myriad of seconds, I saw myself at the foot of a large body of 'eggs' in a shallow hole, carefully held by a root-like chord. The beauty of these eggs,'our other specie' amazed me. With all curiosity and anxiety, I stretched my tiny tail and oval head towards two 'eggs' (the much I could reach) and awesomely kicked them away from the grip of the chord.
'Follow me' I beckoned on them not giving them space for an appreciation.
They followed sheepishly. I started feeling uneasy, I was wetting away.

'Hurry up! Look, that's only a mile away from your settlement, be careful with the tunnel, its dark in there, but you're gonna make it' I tried assuring them as I continued wetting away. I was going. It was a job well done, I said to myself, I released two eggs and father's gonna be proud I did it. I looked at them, beautiful, oval, shiny and sophisticated. My tail's gone. They watched on.
'Go!' I screamed
I watched two beautiful eggs swim hurriedly down the tunnel, though it was dark, but I could only see as they turned shadows as I slowly died away.
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 3:08pm On Nov 29, 2016
Who's following? embarassed updating soon.
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 3:09pm On Nov 29, 2016
THE DIARY OF AN ABORTED CHILD 2

I'm Oz and my other specie is Tre. We have seen many 'oval heads' release many heads and water away the next second. I knew that was gonna be his fate. We couldn't help it. I've heard stories of how many of our released species came to this 'rounded building' with vibrating walls and after a long time, crawl out from a tiny hole growing into 'giants'. I heard some became 'giants of rescuers' like 'the oval heads', some ended up getting smashed in the long run.
'Tre, I want to be the giant who encourages the always-screaming-sick giants to push_push_push!' I said gleefully, though aint sure I got the perfect description.

After some weeks, I noticed we started growing big ropes like branches. I was forming a round ball at the top of my body. I remained wriggled. Same with Tre. We were happy anyway. I, particulary couldn't wait to be like that giant who encourages. Tre always talked about being the giant rescuer, reflecting on the importance of the 'oval heads'. We hoped on.
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 3:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
THE DIARY OF AN ABORTED CHILD 3

Nights turned into days, and days into nights. We learnt how these evolved because we listened closely. We were feeding from the aid of the connection of a long rope to our body. It was lonely here, but we couldn't help it. Some moments were different from others. Some were particularly quiet outside the wall, while we heard rumbling, voices and whispers during other moments. During one of these quiet moments, we could hear whispers.
'Femi, what next? I need not start explaining to you how unready I am when it comes to responsibilities'. A deep voice whispered.
'I know Ugo, but I'm really afraid, I'm really afraid of what next you might suggest we do'. A soft cry.

I beckoned on Tre to listen closely. The wall of our 'round gigantic building' rumbled as the soft voice went on. We realised the soft voice was habouring us.
'Exactly femi, I know its very difficult, but believe me, we can do this. I wont subject you to violent processes, I'll only get you some pills to remove them. Believe me honey, its gonna be fine'

Now the voices were going dead as I edged myself close the wall. I could only hear soft cry and sniffs.
'Something must be wrong, Tre' I looked at him anxiously. Can you guess?
'Not at all, Oz'. he looked terrified.
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by kwencypresh(f): 4:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Am here

1 Like

Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 6:04pm On Nov 29, 2016
THE DIARY OF AN ABORTED CHILD 4

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days, days into weeks and four weeks into a month. We didn't count but we felt it. Because we sat all day listening. We knew something was wrong because everything went unusual. No more the regular vibration and funny rumbling. Our 'building' pratically went dead. Less tiny droplets of food particles. We barely talked about it. Tre was usually quiet, his eyes were always closed. He hardly moved.

The noise, rumbling and vibration of walls came back. But the silent sob we heard at the initial time wasn't there. I listened again. Tre cared less. He was only staring at me.

'Listen Femi, I bought you some pills, they'll enhance the abortion. It won't complicate anything. These are Dinoprostone, Mifepristone. My doctor prescribed them, you're definitely going to see him soon for miscallaneous checkups to avoid any complication". Ugo said convincingly. Femi only nodded. She knew she had no choice whatsoever.

At the other end, I was listening. I felt so nervous, I couldn't say why I had this feeling of premonition. Tre was unconcerned though, judging by his gesture. I looked at him again, he closed his eyes. The outside voice went dead. I relaxed, but very perturbed.
Dinoprostone? Mifepristone? They sound very harsh though.
'Let it slide'. I heard myself saying and fell asleep.
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2016
THE DIARY OF AN ABORTED CHILD 5

One night, I woke up to a sudden change in temperation of the 'building'. It was very hot. I felt very uncomfortable. I was burning. It was harsh. I could hardly breath. I wanted to scream, but I was pushed back to reality. I looked at Tre, he was in his usual state of mind. Half dead, half living. But alas! Tre was getting smaller, tinier and losing it. I looked on in awe, I couldn't believe it.
'Tre'. I screamed. Tre, com'on Tre, what's
happening?

I was burning same time, I noticed the sudden change of the 'building' was having this terrible effect on Tre. He continued burning and started watering away.
'Tre? Remember you were going to become 'the giant rescuer'. What's going to happen to your dream now, Tre?

His eyes were still closed, his limbs watered
away gradually,his body, hands, and then his head. I couldn't help it. In a second, Tre 'vanished'. I started thinking I was a bad egg, Tre was dying and I couldn't help him? He was watering away and I looked unperturbed? I knew he needed my help, I knew he was thinking I refused helping him. I allowed his dream of becoming a giant rescuer, die away.

The 'building' started getting hotter and I started burning. I felt very hot objects rubbing on me, they were really hurt that I burned so hard. I started watering away, like Tre, it started with my limbs, I knew I was going to die in a few seconds. I thought about my dream too. The dream of being the giant who encourages the sick ones to push... I thought of myself, I never imagined I was never going to make it out. I came to the wrong world.
'Oz', I said to myself. You didn't make it, why? You are'nt going to be a human, just like the other eggs that crawled out after nine months. Quite unfortunate you came to the wrong world, Oz, quite unfortunate, Oz.

Cc: kriss
Bloggers stay away please!
Don't publish without my consent!
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 6:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
The end.
Cc:lalasticlala
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by empress101(f): 5:44am On Nov 30, 2016
smiley.. wooow... I actually read till d end.. your choice of words are amazing.

1 Like

Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 6:39am On Nov 30, 2016
empress101:
smiley.. wooow... I actually read till d end.. your choice of words are amazing.
Thanks dear!
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by embodiment: 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
A lovely piece you have here. I love your choice of words
Re: The Diary Of An Aborted Child By Krissconnect by krissconnect(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2016
embodiment:
A lovely piece you have here. I love your choice of words
Thanks sir.

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie says Meghan should be made HEAD of the commonwealth / Please Recommend A Complete Story / See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.