Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,887 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

My Flight Experience To Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Flight Experience To Abuja (655 Views)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Flight Experience To Abuja by Shobby94: 10:33pm On Nov 29, 2016
This is going to be an interesting story. I have an important business to attend to in Abuja on the 29th of this month. On a normal day I always fly with Arik Airline because of the customer service and smooth flight even though they delay sometimes, but one cannot overlook the flight that you can rely on Arik Airine to deliver. But unfortunately, there was no flight to Abuja from Ibadan today. So I decided to go with overland Airways (worst mistake).
The flight was to depart by 2.30pm and they were right on time. I was thinking to myself that this is nice (Good Job Overland Airways) not knowing that am yet to see anything.
I got into the plane and I saw that the plane was small (hahhahhaha). It was stuffy, the Air conditioner was not working and we were all sweating like Christmas goat when it is not yet Christmas time (Can you imagine?). I asked one of the flight attendants why the Air conditioner was not working and all she could say was don’t worry when the plane moves it will start blowing (with a straight face ooo). To add to the situation, the captain then informed us that we will not be able to move for 5 minutes due to unforeseen circumstances.
Guys, five minutes turned to 30 minutes, and don’t forget that I told you earlier on that the air conditioners was not working. So we were in the stuffy plane for thirty minutes fanning ourselves with their booklets. The captain later told us that we can leave the plane and go to the waiting room. As we were leaving, all the flight attendants could say was ‘THANK YOU’ (Thank you? Are u for real?).
Anyways, the problem was solved and we were asked to get back on the plane. But guys, the Air conditioners were not functioning well despite the fact that the flight attendant lied to us that as soon as the plane leaves it will start functioning well. On top of that I could hear the engine noise and it was not a smooth journey. But Kudos to the captain for landing well.
All I want to say is, no offence to Overland Airways but you have a long way to go. The Airline has been around for fourteen years (FOURTEEN YEARS) and will be celebrating their fifteenth anniversary in August 2017 (yes overland I read the magazine). My advice is to get better employees, good maintenance and larger air planes.
Have you guys had any similar experience with any of the airlines? Drop yours in the comment section.
THANKS FOR READING!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Flight Experience To Abuja by micfoley: 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
Overland? @I've never heard a good story about them

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Places To Visit Before You Die / The Amazing Natural Beauty Of Obudu Mountain Resort / Short Video Clip Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge Yesterday (graphic Image)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.