Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy (43519 Views)

10 Morning Wood (Erection) Facts You Probably Didn't Know / 7 Common Mistakes You Probably Make In The Bathroom / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by goingape1: 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
me were my preek no even stand at the age of 10-13, na foetus preek dey stand for belle undecided

@op! I know you just finish your PhD in lying

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by NobleRomm(m): 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
no:10 ,.........i don't believe it... no:10 ,.........i don't believe it... no:10 ,.........i don't believe it...
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by Barigaboy(m): 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
Na wao women they try o. That's y most time when my babe get me annoyed I just ignore her cos its not easy to be a woman n it is not easy to be man too.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
Relax.... Loolll smiley

Maybe you misunderstood the content of my post.

I'm not saying "five years" is not true. I only called it spooky because I find it strange. I did admit to hearing and knowing about cases that run into 3yrs or even a little more than that.

I even went on to state why it could happen citing hypothyroidism and the likes.

Then I said cases in Africa are also highly spiritual than scientific but is not so far from certain scientific explanations also.

So we are on the same page. The fact that I find something spooky doesnt mean it's not true. smiley

And lastly, I highlighted that statement of "record belongs to a Nigerian" because I saw a funny side to it like one saying, "NAIJA NO DEY CARRY LAST FOR THIS KAIN TIN...." wink

Hope we're clear now.

dominique:

When the article said the oldest pregnancy is just over a year nko? , Where do we put the women that 'miraculously' deliver after years of pregnancy.

In Nigeria it all boils down to religion. Imagine giving a testimony on how God delivered her of a pregnancy of five years. Shouldn't the intellectuals in the medical field have jumped on this and present a research paper on such an amazing phenomenon? If not that I'm quite busy right now, I would have posted links of no less than 3 cases of ridiculously lenghty pregnancies that never left the pages of Nigerian blogs.

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by sekundosekundo: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2016
I respect pregnant women a lot.

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by ceeceeuwa: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
No 9 is so true.I never wore the same show size again after the birth of my son...ended up changing all my shoes.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by AsapKen(m): 9:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
The world's longest pregnancy endured 375 days, unusually, the infant was just somewhat under seven pounds.

I don't think Dis is d longest because, a woman in my church was pregnant for 18 good months.... And I think a lot of people have even gone more than DAT...I don't know wat d cause is but most people believe it is spiritual... Can someone please educate me?
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by ovokate(f): 9:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
It was hard putting all the words together to get the points undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by daewoorazer(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
QueenSuccubus

Did u feel dis way wen u carried our twins
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by teabully(m): 9:54pm On Nov 30, 2016
@OP, No 2, I sight you Daeworazer, recall dos days u do have erection. Lol.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by daewoorazer(m): 10:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
repogirl:
You will most likely poop yourself.... that's very normal. grin

Yuck, tell me about it

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by LordCenturion(m): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
NobleRomm:
no:10 ,.........i don't believe it...
That number is really but not common , I remember my girlfriend is pregnant, I discovered that I have several boil under my ampit on several occasions until 3 months into her pregnancy,I don't even know that she is pregnant during this time,

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by Fabulousb36(f): 10:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
NobleRomm:
no:10 ,.........i don't believe it...
It's true I've heard of it and it's been confirmed. some men Go through the morning sickness With their wives. it's psychological I guess
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by abike12(f): 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2016
What kind of English is this? It could've been a nice and informative article, please spell check and grammar check your work next time. Kilode.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by abike12(f): 11:17pm On Nov 30, 2016
dominique:

We no go gree, na we get the record. The woman in the thread below nko?

https://www.nairaland.com/1308657/woman-delivers-after-two-years-pregnancy

There's even one that 'delivered' after five years of carrying bele. The record for the longest pregnancy belongs to a Nigerian.

cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by LegendaryArnold(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2016
Ahn ahn oyinbo ti poju
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by podosci(m): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
AsapKen:
The world's longest pregnancy endured 375 days, unusually, the infant was just somewhat under seven pounds.

I don't think Dis is d longest because, a woman in my church was pregnant for 18 good months.... And I think a lot of people have even gone more than DAT...I don't know wat d cause is but most people believe it is spiritual... Can someone please educate me?
Many of this medical events are unverifiable due to our high ilitracy rate and poor medical institutions.
Its the same Nigeria that a single individual can get a +, -, +, - results from his HIV test done four different times , its the same Nigeria that a single individual can have three different genotypes.
In each of this case a literate person can attribute the discrepancies in the result to errors in the previous test while an illitrate can attribute the discrepancies as a result of a god performing miracles.
Alot of people dont know that medical conditions can make you miss your period for months without you being pregnant, in the absense of good medical institutions to educate people on medical issues, Nigerians would keep givng spiritual explanations to medical issues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by professore(m): 12:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Nice thread,that no. 6 self
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by YemziAdez(m): 12:27am On Dec 01, 2016
durodee:

True! Called PICA. Some eat clay etc.
some also call it geophagy.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by juman(m): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2016
Mother dey try.

All glories to God. The God of all things.
God blessings upon Prophet Muhammad and his household.
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by Nobody: 4:20am On Dec 01, 2016
This is scary
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by incredibledan(m): 5:31am On Dec 01, 2016
The guy just spin article finish , couldn't even edit it before posting... The English come be like India man own...Bros don't do this next time, else I report you to senate grin
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by ReubenE(m): 6:02am On Dec 01, 2016
No. 2 caught my attention.
So e don tey wey the thing dey our body!
This explains alot....
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by Nobody: 6:40am On Dec 01, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
grin no 10 doe....will start observing

U are pretty

1 Like

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by QueenSuccubus(f): 7:02am On Dec 01, 2016
daewoorazer:
QueenSuccubus

Did u feel dis way wen u carried our twins

Hahhahahaha... grin

I myself was an overdue child.. Stayed in the hospital for over 3months and my mother was so hopeless as the doctors said I have so many complications cheesy

But here I am.. ALIVE & KICKING. grin
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by durodee(m): 7:11am On Dec 01, 2016
AsapKen:

Most of the time people just assume big tummy OR lack of menses meant pregnancy. Even the Yoruba name for fibroids ( OYUN IJU) assumes its a form of pregnancy!. The usual scenario is a woman seriously desirous of pregnancy, and having an irregular/missed period. She automatically assumes its pregnancy DESPITE ALL medical evidence like Pregnancy test or Ultrasound being negative. Her menses, when it does come, is termed bleeding in pregnancy (Oyun Mbu- Pregnancy is breaking off in small bits- hence the slow growth rate or lack of it!) . In modern world, with the availabity of many test kits to confirm pregnancy, hardly will you have all those wild claims supported by regular ultrasound scans. Some women really do have pregnancies lasting more than 44 weeks( usual is 37-42 weeks counting from first day of last menses), but all these 2 years , five years CLAIMS should give medical evidence to support the claims. I belive miracles exist but should be EVIDENCED!
Kindly google "Pseudocyesis"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by badaoyeyemi(f): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Wah level re u on candycrush
Candycrusher:

U are pretty
Re: 10 Weird Truths You Probably Don't Know About Pregnancy by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Wah level re u on candycrush

580. You?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case / Man Blames His Village People For His Brother's Injury. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.