Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Have You Ever Paid For An App? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Have You Ever Paid For An App? (589 Views)

Avoiding Distractions: Pls Recommend An App!!! / An App That Plays Multiple Videos At The Same Time / How To Download An App On Iphone Without Using Appstore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Paid For An App? by PhonePlanet(m): 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Apps are not built for free, in-fact Simple apps for one platform will start around $25,000. More complex apps cost six figures but can push up over $1,000,000. According to savvyapps. Therefore when these apps are completed, they often come with a price.

Due to android platform, where by android apps can be sideloaded, this allowed users to skip paying for an app before installing it. This explains why apple app store still generates more revenue than google play store. However this is to the loss of the developer, especially considering the fact that android apps are more expensive to build than iOS. and gave birth to what we know today as "in-app purchase". Where users would have to buy the App inside the app after installing it or pay for certain ad-ons, features and improvement to make the app better, mostly in games where users buy coins or chatacters/cars etc. This way the app could be made free in the app store. This is why you might find an app free in play store and paid for in app store. sometimes in-app purchases raise more funds for the developer than selling the app at the stores. Some developers choose to do both. Some other developers has decided to go with running ads in the app, which means more traffic, more money. And yes, some apps are completely free.

So here is the question.....
Have you ever paid for an app?
Or
paid for something in the app(in-app purchase)?

written by me.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by Baroba(m): 9:15am On Nov 30, 2016
I have paid for every app on my phone.. Its a small token;in my eyes anyway, for devs who put in the hardwork..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by thesicilian: 9:19am On Nov 30, 2016
I don't pay to download apps. But I do very rarely make in-app purchases.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by PhonePlanet(m): 11:01am On Nov 30, 2016
honsule lalasticlala fp please
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by Marvel1206: 1:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
I've never paid for an app. If the app is very important, i head for a third-party website. If i need to make in-app purchases, i hack it sad
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by PhonePlanet(m): 2:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Marvel1206:
I've never paid for an app. If the app is very important, i head for a third-party website. If i need to make in-app purchases, i hack it sad
yh right. on andriod too. android is just anti developers.
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by Baroba(m): 2:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
PhonePlanet:

They few developers I know prefer iOS, android is an after thought..
Re: Have You Ever Paid For An App? by Marvel1206: 4:02pm On Nov 30, 2016
PhonePlanet:
lol.. It can't happen on ios.

(1) (Reply)

VAT INCREMENT - Let's Bombard The Minister's Phone With Calls And SMS / Ncc/telcos- Increase In Data Tariff – Why Not Now, If Not Now? / Help: How Good Is Infinix Zero 4 Gold? I Want To Buy It From Sómeone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.