Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,263 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Easiest Job Creation Strategies - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Easiest Job Creation Strategies (719 Views)

ICAN Lauds Dangote For Job Creation In Africa / Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Job Creation Vs Start Up Fund, The Big Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easiest Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 9:42am On Nov 30, 2016
Easiest Job Creation Strategies for Nigeria

1) Only very few Nigerians know that multinational oil companies such as Shell, Chevron and Agip are involved in operations far beyond oil exploration in their countries of origin. As at today, Nigeria has no reason to export crude oil as long as these oil companies can invest into oil refining, petrochemical and gas-to-power generation. What we need to do is to set out modalities that will ensure they refine our crude oil, make petrochemicals for local consumption and export whatever remains as this will help create much jobs.

2) I advocate that the government should reverse the privatisation process of PHCN because the beneficiaries of the privatisation have no prior experience in the power sector, neither have they made marginal investment since they took charge. Despite the purported sale, the federal government is still investing billions of naira into the power sector; an anomalous situation. I believe that multinational energy giants such as General Electric and Siemens should be encouraged to take over PHCN and invest in power generation, transmission and distribution in order to fast track job creation opportunities.

3) There are identified private organisations that have got massive investments in education, health, media and other socio-economic activities. They can equally be harnessed for job creation, especially in the agricultural sector. They are potentials waiting to be tapped for further exploits. I am confident that if these organisations are properly harnessed, they are capable of providing investments worth over 100 billion naira in the agricultural sector over the next ten years. The major challenge is how to sensitize them so that they can do more in the economy.

4) I believe in the adequate training of undergraduates which is a panacea to abundant job production. I mean a training that will ensure adequate knowledge in both theory and practical. This means the government must ensure provision of adequate modern equipment in all tertiary institutions. I believe in the institutionalisation of every course of study in every tertiary institution in Nigeria, a system that will operate like the teaching hospitals of medical students. In fact, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Engineering students should have state of the art facilities in the recommended ''engineering villages'' in order to replace the empty laboratories and workshops, while science students should have something similar. We need ''centres of innovation'', not just ''centres of operation and maintenance''. We need ''Nigerian technologies'' not just ''made in Nigeria products''. I do not subscribe to the Nigerian method of gaining practical experiences in which Industrial Training is meant to provide, because we have seen that medical students have adequate expertise as a result of the training they received in their specialized institutions. Institutionalisation is working in the medical field, it will work in other fields. The major goal to be achieved is self-sufficiency in every field in terms of qualified personnel, job creation and standard products. It must be noted that engineers and scientist are the major job creators in developed economies, they help provide white collar jobs in terms of modern goods and services. So Nigeria must train capable engineers and scientist that will create abundant jobs.

5) undergraduates studying agricultural courses should be empowered (both with finance and modern implements) to own farms before and after graduation. I believe funding of our agriculture student/graduates is possible since the government can pay huge sums to house officers (final year medical students). We should abhor the the practice of ''crash programs'', when there are professionals who can perform in those fields. For example, you'll hear something like ''a three day seminar on fish production''. A rhetorical question that comes to my heart is, why are we wasting resources on such a crash program when we have thousands of agriculture and fish production graduates in Nigeria? Billions of naira was spent on Millennium Development Goals, especially goal number one, as well as the National Youth Service Corps agriculture scheme, with little or nothing to show for the amount spent. The government must realise that youths corpers cannot be forced into farming. It is high time we empowered and utilised the right people for the right job. We need to fix educated people (the graduates of agriculture) in our agricultural sector, as in people who can access information, modern tools and techniques for abundant job production as it is done in advanced countries.

6) My point as touching entrepreneurship is that it is an inordinate thing to degenerate graduates into practicing entrepreneurship of making pop corn, chin-chin, frying akara, selling imported wears, operating a beer palour, laundry, salon and businesses after graduation. I believe in a graduate entrepreneurship where an electrical engineering graduate can venture into electrical equipment (such as electric motor, transformers, high tension cables, power generation turbines and so on to solve our power problem) design and manufacturing while other engineering graduates do similar things in their fields. We need to locally train scientist who will develop hi-tech products that will be developed by their small scale enterprises and will later develop into large scale businesses. We need to transform our graduates to local investors who can venture into bitumen (and other solid minerals) processing, having it in mind that Nigeria has its second largest bitumen deposit in the world after Canada. Nigeria must transform herself from mere and unsophisticated entrepreneurship to science/technology/research driven entrepreneurship.
Open the link below and the the effect of the SCAM CALLED ENTREPRENEURSHIP

https://www.nairaland.com/3102449/part-2-entrepreneurship-scam-nigeria

7) it is so easy to attract FDI when favorable conditions are put in place for investors. It is a pity to note that some Nigerian companies e.g. Dunlop Ltd, relocated their factories to Ghana as a result of a better manufacturing environment available in that country. Nigeria doesn't need to beg for investments, what Nigeria needs is to put in place are adequate infrastructures, such as good transportation system, efficient power supply as well as incentives for prospective investors. When the right business environment is achieved, FDI will automatically flow into our nation and there will be abundant job opportunities.

oneolajire2000@yahoo.co.uk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Easiest Job Creation Strategies by solutionsnow: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2016
What else is Nig seeking for if we can make all these work?

This is a workable solution

Pls, where are the policy makers?

Kudos to OP
Re: Easiest Job Creation Strategies by greenalwaz: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2016
oneolajire:
Easiest Job Creation Strategies for Nigeria

1) Only very few Nigerians know that multinational oil companies such as Shell, Chevron and Agip are involved in operations far beyond oil exploration in their countries of origin. As at today, Nigeria has no reason to export crude oil as long as these oil companies can invest into oil refining, petrochemical and gas-to-power generation. What we need to do is to set out modalities that will ensure they refine our crude oil, make petrochemicals for local consumption and export whatever remains as this will help create much jobs.

2) I advocate that the government should reverse the privatisation process of PHCN because the beneficiaries of the privatisation have no prior experience in the power sector, neither have they made marginal investment since they took charge. Despite the purported sale, the federal government is still investing billions of naira into the power sector; an anomalous situation. I believe that multinational energy giants such as General Electric and Siemens should be encouraged to take over PHCN and invest in power generation, transmission and distribution in order to fast track job creation opportunities.

3) There are identified private organisations that have got massive investments in education, health, media and other socio-economic activities. They can equally be harnessed for job creation, especially in the agricultural sector. They are potentials waiting to be tapped for further exploits. I am confident that if these organisations are properly harnessed, they are capable of providing investments worth over 100 billion naira in the agricultural sector over the next ten years. The major challenge is how to sensitize them so that they can do more in the economy.

4) I believe in the adequate training of undergraduates which is a panacea to abundant job production. I mean a training that will ensure adequate knowledge in both theory and practical. This means the government must ensure provision of adequate modern equipment in all tertiary institutions. I believe in the institutionalisation of every course of study in every tertiary institution in Nigeria, a system that will operate like the teaching hospitals of medical students. In fact, what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Engineering students should have state of the art facilities in the recommended ''engineering villages'' in order to replace the empty laboratories and workshops, while science students should have something similar. We need ''centres of innovation'', not just ''centres of operation and maintenance''. We need ''Nigerian technologies'' not just ''made in Nigeria products''. I do not subscribe to the Nigerian method of gaining practical experiences in which Industrial Training is meant to provide, because we have seen that medical students have adequate expertise as a result of the training they received in their specialized institutions. Institutionalisation is working in the medical field, it will work in other fields. The major goal to be achieved is self-sufficiency in every field in terms of qualified personnel, job creation and standard products. It must be noted that engineers and scientist are the major job creators in developed economies, they help provide white collar jobs in terms of modern goods and services. So Nigeria must train capable engineers and scientist that will create abundant jobs.

5) undergraduates studying agricultural courses should be empowered (both with finance and modern implements) to own farms before and after graduation. I believe funding of our agriculture student/graduates is possible since the government can pay huge sums to house officers (final year medical students). We should abhor the the practice of ''crash programs'', when there are professionals who can perform in those fields. For example, you'll hear something like ''a three day seminar on fish production''. A rhetorical question that comes to my heart is, why are we wasting resources on such a crash program when we have thousands of agriculture and fish production graduates in Nigeria? Billions of naira was spent on Millennium Development Goals, especially goal number one, as well as the National Youth Service Corps agriculture scheme, with little or nothing to show for the amount spent. The government must realise that youths corpers cannot be forced into farming. It is high time we empowered and utilised the right people for the right job. We need to fix educated people (the graduates of agriculture) in our agricultural sector, as in people who can access information, modern tools and techniques for abundant job production as it is done in advanced countries.

6) My point as touching entrepreneurship is that it is an inordinate thing to degenerate graduates into practicing entrepreneurship of making pop corn, chin-chin, frying akara, selling imported wears, operating a beer palour, laundry, salon and businesses after graduation. I believe in a graduate entrepreneurship where an electrical engineering graduate can venture into electrical equipment (such as electric motor, transformers, high tension cables, power generation turbines and so on to solve our power problem) design and manufacturing while other engineering graduates do similar things in their fields. We need to locally train scientist who will develop hi-tech products that will be developed by their small scale enterprises and will later develop into large scale businesses. We need to transform our graduates to local investors who can venture into bitumen (and other solid minerals) processing, having it in mind that Nigeria has its second largest bitumen deposit in the world after Canada. Nigeria must transform herself from mere and unsophisticated entrepreneurship to science/technology/research driven entrepreneurship.
Open the link below and the the effect of the SCAM CALLED ENTREPRENEURSHIP

https://www.nairaland.com/3102449/part-2-entrepreneurship-scam-nigeria

7) it is so easy to attract FDI when favorable conditions are put in place for investors. It is a pity to note that some Nigerian companies e.g. Dunlop Ltd, relocated their factories to Ghana as a result of a better manufacturing environment available in that country. Nigeria doesn't need to beg for investments, what Nigeria needs is to put in place are adequate infrastructures, such as good transportation system, efficient power supply as well as incentives for prospective investors. When the right business environment is achieved, FDI will automatically flow into our nation and there will be abundant job opportunities.

oneolajire2000@yahoo.co.uk

very interesting

1 Like

Re: Easiest Job Creation Strategies by oneolajire(m): 9:12am On Dec 09, 2016
greenalwaz:
very interesting

You got it

(1) (Reply)

/ You Want To Be A Millionaire By 2017 Hurry And Come In Here Now / Get Your Verified US Paypal Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.