Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Did God Create The Devil? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Create The Devil? (732 Views)

Did God Create Satan On Purpose or Unknowninly? / Did GOD Create "Space"??? There is No Gravity / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Create The Devil? by splashybone(m): 1:25am On Dec 01, 2016
The Bible’s answer

The Bible shows that God did not create the Devil. Instead, He created the person who became the Devil. Regarding God, the Bible says: “"Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he."” (Deuteronomy 32:3-5) From that statement, we can conclude that Satan the Devil was at one time perfect and righteous, namely, one of God’s angelic sons.

At John 8:44, Jesus said that the Devil “"did not stand fast in the truth,"” implying that Satan had at one time been truthful and guiltless.

However, like the rest of Jehovah’s intelligent creatures, the angel who became Satan had the freedom to choose between right and wrong. By choosing a course in opposition to God and inciting the first human couple to join him, he made himself Satan, which means “Resister.”—Genesis 3:1-5; Revelation 12:9.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by greatnaija01: 1:28am On Dec 01, 2016
you ask question AND by yourself you answered it... biko IS YOUR SENSE PAINING YOU?

splashybone:

The Bible’s answer

The Bible shows that God did not create the Devil. Instead, He created the person who became the Devil. Regarding God, the Bible says: “"Perfect is his activity, for all his ways are justice. A God of faithfulness, with whom there is no injustice; righteous and upright is he."” (Deuteronomy 32:3-5) From that statement, we can conclude that Satan the Devil was at one time perfect and righteous, namely, one of God’s angelic sons.

At John 8:44, Jesus said that the Devil “"did not stand fast in the truth,"” implying that Satan had at one time been truthful and guiltless.

However, like the rest of Jehovah’s intelligent creatures, the angel who became Satan had the freedom to choose between right and wrong. By choosing a course in opposition to God and inciting the first human couple to join him, he made himself Satan, which means “Resister.”—Genesis 3:1-5; Revelation 12:9.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by amerimex(m): 2:10am On Dec 01, 2016
The guy above, must u be rude? @op nice exposition and clarification you jst did to a lingering question.

1 Like

Re: Did God Create The Devil? by splashybone(m): 2:19am On Dec 01, 2016
amerimex:
The guy above, must u be rude? @op nice exposition and clarification you jst did to a lingering question.
thanks bro although it was fun looking at his sense of humor
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by OchukoisBlack(m): 9:46am On Dec 01, 2016
Question.
Do you believe God knows the end from the beginning?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by splashybone(m): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2016
of course i do!!!
OchukoisBlack:
Question.
Do you believe God knows the end from the beginning?
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 01, 2016
Here is your answer:
[img]www.clipartkid.com/images/646/red-arrow-pointing-down-clipart-best-184xqV-clipart.jpeg[/img]

Pretty explanatory
Isaiah 45:7

New International
Version

I form the light and create
darkness, I bring prosperity
and create disaster; I, the
LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation

I create the light and make
the darkness. I send good
times and bad times. I, the
LORD, am the one who does
these things.

English Standard
Version

I form light and create
darkness; I make well-being
and create calamity; I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.

New American Standard
Bible

The One forming light and
creating darkness, Causing
well-being and creating
calamity; I am the LORD who
does all these.

King James Bible
I form the light, and create
darkness: I make peace, and
create evil: I the LORD do all
these things.

Holman Christian
Standard Bible

I form light and create
darkness, I make success
and create disaster; I,
Yahweh, do all these things."

International Standard
Version

"I form light and create
darkness, I make goodness
and create disaster. I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.

NET Bible
I am the one who forms light
and creates darkness; the
one who brings about peace
and creates calamity. I am
the LORD, who accomplishes
all these things.

New Heart English Bible
darkness. I make peace, and
create calamity. I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by splashybone(m): 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
NinjaX:
Here is your answer:
[img]www.clipartkid.com/images/646/red-arrow-pointing-down-clipart-best-184xqV-clipart.jpeg[/img]

Pretty explanatory
Isaiah 45:7

New International
Version

I form the light and create
darkness, I bring prosperity
and create disaster; I, the
LORD, do all these things.

New Living Translation

I create the light and make
the darkness. I send good
times and bad times. I, the
LORD, am the one who does
these things.

English Standard
Version

I form light and create
darkness; I make well-being
and create calamity; I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.

New American Standard
Bible

The One forming light and
creating darkness, Causing
well-being and creating
calamity; I am the LORD who
does all these.

King James Bible
darkness: I make peace, and
create evil: I the LORD do all
these things.

Holman Christian
Standard Bible

I form light and create
darkness, I make success
and create disaster; I,
Yahweh, do all these things."

International Standard
Version

"I form light and create
darkness, I make goodness
and create disaster. I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.

NET Bible
I am the one who forms light
and creates darkness; the
one who brings about peace
and creates calamity. I am
the LORD, who accomplishes
all these things.

New Heart English Bible
darkness. I make peace, and
create calamity. I am the
LORD, who does all these
things.

The Meaning of Jehovah’s Bringing Evil. Rightly, Jehovah brought evil or calamity upon Adam for his disobedience. Hence, in the Scriptures, Jehovah is referred to as the Creator of evil or calamity. (Isa 45:7; compare KJ.) His enforcing of the penalty for sin, namely, death, has proved to be an evil, or a calamity, for mankind. So, then, evil is not always synonymous with wrongdoing. Examples of evils or calamities created by Jehovah are the Flood of Noah’s day and the Ten Plagues visited upon Egypt. But these evils were not wrongs. Rather, the rightful administration of justice against wrongdoers was involved in both cases. However, at times Jehovah, in his mercy, has refrained from bringing the intended calamity or evil in execution of his righteous judgment because of the repentance on the part of those concerned. (Jon 3:10) Additionally, in having a warning given, Jehovah has undeservedly provided opportunities for the practicers of bad to change their course and thus to keep living.—Eze 33:11.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=splashybone post=51552594][/quote]

Thanks for quoting. I understand what you meant when you said God didn't create the devil (referring to the evil in lucifer, figuratively speaking).

Nevertheless the thread title is a little bit tricky and misleading from a distance.

I suggest it read "Did God create the evil in Satan?" instead.

Anyway, I've a question for you, if you don't mind.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by splashybone(m): 1:22am On Dec 02, 2016
Please fire on!!!
NinjaX:

Thanks for quoting. I understand what you meant when you said God didn't create the devil (referring to the evil in lucifer, figuratively speaking).

Nevertheless the thread title is a little bit tricky and misleading from a distance.

I suggest it read "Did God create the evil in Satan?" instead.

Anyway, I've a question for you, if you don't mind.
Re: Did God Create The Devil? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
splashybone:
Please fire on!!!

First, do you agree that everything, I mean everything on heaven and earth, except God, have a cause behind their existence? Or you believe that they simply materialised out of thin air?

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Joshua Iginla’s 73 Shocking Prophecies For 2017 / Lifestyles Of Rich, Famous Nigerian Pastors / The Pastor Who Buried Humans Alive In His Foundation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.