Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness (6309 Views)

PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel. / United In Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
*Parts of the story you are about to read are based on real life occurrences*

All forms of criticisms are highly welcome as this is the writers first piece of writing

He knew he didn't have that much of a choice though,tell the truth and most likely she would never speak to him again,keep up the charade and sooner rather than later,she would find out, his whole world was about crumbling before him BUT........we're not there yet

Ifeanyi wasn't bad looking to be honest, chocolate skin, thick voice for someone as "little" as he was,oh yea he wasn't the tallest or shortest, just kinda in between but he made up for the lack of height with his innocent cutish looking face and a voice that just fit his statue(we going to agree he is short)

He had a belief about the concept of love and romance from quite an early age,those nights listening to Backstreet boys and NSYNC certainly didn't help with that but he was a romantic to the core

Now for someone so entrenched in the concept of romance, he was as shy as they come,his first encounter with his first girlfriend back in high school went thus

Ifeanyi: sorry excuse me(sweating profusely)

Chi: yes can i help you(irritated by the way he approached) her

Ifeanyi: I want to ask you something

Chi: Yea go on (much calmer)

Ifeanyi: (still sweating like someone who'd just swallowed pepper) I've been seeing you around for quite sometime now(they've been in the same school for 4yrs now) and was wondering if we could be friends,i sort of like you

Chisadmuch much calmer.....*told you he had an enticing voice*......Eh is that why you stopped me on my way to class....

Ifeanyi: (now facing his worst nightmare which was rejection).....I'm sorry

Chi: Well we can be friends if that's what you want

Ifeanyi: Thank you

They were together for a further year and it was good for him,he could now talk to ladies freely..... well kinda
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
You could tell he didn't like her despite all his neighbours constantly reminding him of all her wonderful qualities

Chisom : This girl cooks and brings for you and visits almost always,what is your problem

Cj: Come you dey Bleep up for this chick level o

Even the ladies in the hostel chipped in

Ada: See why i don't like guys,see the way she's throwing herself at that Ifeanyi boy but he's forming Usher

Betty: Don't mind him dear,its because he has seen someone that's willing to do anything for him that's why

They weren't all wrong though,5yrs after his relationship with Chi ended, Ifeanyi had yet to even consider the possibility of moving on even with all the fresh babes frolicking around him on campus and this particular girl had everyone around him pissed because well Tina had everything, she was smart, very beautiful,well mannered,cheerful and a great cook,she even practically took him to cathcism to receive his First Holy Communion, she was a perfect example of wife material as we like to call such ladies

But Ifeanyi just couldn't see them together in the way she and everyone around him wanted, now maybe there was a bit of exaggeration earlier when it was mentioned that she's very pretty, she was OK but not what he wanted. Ifeanyi just couldn't see them out on the street holding hands because well despite all her other attributes, she wasn't as beautiful as he wanted and he never ever sought to lead her on no matter how much everyone (including her sister and cousin) pleaded, he believed it would be unfair on her to date her and get all the stuff that comes with that and not be committed to the relationship...........she got married 2years later by the way
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
About a year later Ifeanyi lost his mum to illness,now for the only kid he was pretty bummed,she was like his best friend than a mum,the one person he felt closest to had left him feeling all alone in the world and now he had to re-think a lot of things in his life and that included letting someone in and that he did two months after his mum was buried, he met Ijeoma at a faculty event he attended, sitting there minding her business,carried away with whoever it was that was at the other end of whatever it was she had on her phone, he noticed the empty seat beside her and sat there saying hi, she responded without looking up to see who it was that was beside her,clearly wasn't looking to be distracted......"must be some interesting chat" he said and that was when she looked up and saw him " sunglasses in a fairly dark room huh really", and he smiled(his smile was golden though really it was) and took it off....." I'm Ifeanyi by the way and i have a bout of Apollo hence the shades",......ijeoma now looking up to see his face burst into laughter......" I'm glad my predicament brings you some sort of joy" he said with a wry smile......" oh no no I'm sorry it's just you have birds poo on your head" ijeoma said and continued laughing, he'd obviously gotten that from under the tree he sat before getting into the hall and no one was good enough to bring his notice to it

They spent the whole afternoon chatting and exchanged numbers at the end. Weeks passed and they had spent so much time together and the feelings were mutual,she filled a void he needed filled at that particular point in his life and it was great but that was as good as it got because their issues were just about to start, see Ijeoma was a virgin and had wanted to lose it to her Bf and not just any guy but the problem was Ifeanyi didn't do virgins,it was one of his rules,no virgins and this made her suspicious of him but he held his ground and even advised her to go lose the virginity elsewhere and he would welcome her with open arms, for Ifeanyi taking a lady's pride represented a very big spiritual bond he wasn't ready to invest in just yet no matter how much he really liked her.

Along the line he noticed she had changed, calls became less frequent and so did the visits bit they stuck together at least till her birthday at her place, he got her a gold necklace and matching bracelets hoping to use the occasion into bring them a bit closer together and it looked like it was working until all the guests had left and they were left alone,then she began making advances towards him

Ijeoma : Baby its my birthday for crying out loud, wait are you impotent or what

Ifeanyi: (trying not to get upset cus well the question was a valid one).....I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment, i thought we've discussed this already

Ijeoma: We've been together for almost 6months now and you are yet to see my panties,what kind of relationship is this

Ifeanyi now feeling like some sort of monster began fighting with his conscience on the way he treated her for as attracted as he was to her,the thought of being the one to take her flower was a much scarier proposition
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
The night ended with a big quarrel and lots of things said but one stood out for him that kept him from sleeping,Ijeoma had said something along the lines of.......",you think you are doing me,its yourself you are doing"......he knew something was up but couldn't place it until her phone vibrated when she was in the toilet, he picked it up and read the chat and lo and behold it was confirmed,she had been seeing someone else for over half the time they had been together, and well she wasn't exactly as Virgin like as she claimed to be........."so you've been lying to me all this time" Ifeanyi said with a bit of tear starting to creep up his ducts and before she could utter a word,he stormed out of her room and that was the last he saw of her

Days of tears followed and he wished his mum was still around so he could pour out his emotions to her but she wasn't so his pillow became an ocean while the walls of his room became his talk mates
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 4:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Moving on wasn't exactly Ifeanyi's forte as experience with Chi had shown but after weeks of crying himself to headaches he got up a certain morning looked at himself in the mirror and decided it was time.

Whatever it was,something had changed about Ifeanyi,he became more confident and his shyness levels had drastically reduced, it seems deciding to stay away from relationships was paying off for him,he made life more about him than any other person and it was working for him at least until he met Stephanie

See Ifeanyi had set standards for himself when it came to ladies he dated,they according to him had to at least look way above him in such a way that anyone who saw them together would never be able to believe they were actually together.

Now whether it was lust or whatever Ifeanyi fell head over heels for Stephanie and who could blame him though she had those ample busts to die for and knew how to apply herself in such a way that hurts you above your knees and she also somehow fell badly for him so when they spent the first one week of their relationship locked up in his room, something not so good was bound to happen well except Ifeanyi finally losing his own virginity,see part of the reason he never wanted to be with Ijeoma in that way was cus he was inexperienced and had this thing about inexperience+inexperience= disaster in bed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by abefe99: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
nice one

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
..............".I'm pregnant "was what came out of Stephanie's mouth a couple of weeks after their one week debauchery, "wait are you sure,have you been to the hospital,did you check well wait please run another test" , "me I've done every possible test biko its still positive".....His whole life flashed right before his eyes and it was about to get even worse.....'and'........." and what talk please" he screamed with fear crippling his body........" my dad knows, i fainted in his office and he took me to the hospital himself"......." Heh,chai, mogbe,Jehovah,Jesu Christi, chinekeeeeeee" one could hear Ifeanyi scream over the phone,he knew the worst had happened but had to comport himself because he could hear Stephanie sobbing over the phone, see Stephanie was a diploma student in her first year and this was as bad for her as it was for him.

"They want me to tell them who is responsible or else they will disown me and stop my school" Stephanie whispered over the phone presumably cus she didn't want anyone to hear her,......." so what do you want to do", Ifeanyi asked,heart racing at a billion miles per minute, not knowing or having any clue what he was going to do but had to man up to the whole situation......" i want us to see,she said,this is not something we should discuss on phone".......A couple of days later, Steph and Ifeanyi were sat in his room staring at each other not knowing what to say or do about their ongoing conundrum, for Steph it was either give up the baby daddy and move into the unknown with her parents while for Ifeanyi who was in his finals,the options were very slim, accept and keep the baby which would most likely change everything or suggest something even he deep down wouldn't be able to live with which was suggest an abortion but while he was immersed in his thoughts, she asked him a question that would change the entire landscape of the whole situation, " Ifeanyi, do you love me" .......now these were words he had not said to any girl at all his entire life and even though he probably didn't exactly "love' her, he most certainly didn't want to hurt her anymore and nodded saying "yes Steph i do", then she said maybe the best thing she could have said at that instance "I'm going to keep the baby and I'm not telling my parents anything, I love you so much and i know we can make this work".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
abefe99:
nice one

Ah finally,thought i was writing to myself,thanks a lot bro
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by abefe99: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
am a lady just using hubby name
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Stephanie had stuck to her guns with her parents and no matter the shaming and names she got called,she stood by her man which meant she was withdrawn from school and made to sit at home till she gave birth.

Ifeanyi had put school on a hold and gotten a job to aid his girl and their unborn kid, he visited her almost every weekend and bought her anything she needed as her parents had completely shut her out but her man and mainly to her surprise had stood up to the task and taken the bull by the horn so to say,he was sending her money every 2weeks for her upkeep and visited regularly as they were not in the same town, funny enough for a relationship that started with the best case of sex romp you'd find anywhere, the baby brought Steph and Ifeanyi closer than any of them could imagine, they talked baby names and all kinds of stuff, Ifeanyi had already planned how he would man up and tell his dad what had happened well at least when the baby came that is,everything looked great until a certain evening...........
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
abefe99:
am a lady just using hubby name

Oh ok anyways thanks for following
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by Shakyroh320(f): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ur story line is gud,bt pls edit properly b4 posting.dere are some constructn mistakes.i realy comend u.kip it up.

1 Like

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Six months in and Ifeanyi and Steph had began having dreams of starting a family together and how what they felt for each other would see them through everything until Ifeanyi got the call that fateful evening from Steph's sister telling him she was admitted in the hospital, he boarded the next bus to see her and the worst had happened,she had a miscarriage the previous night.......When the doctors left and they were both alone, Steph could only burst into tears and Ifeanyi himself couldnt hold himself and joined in the tears galore, but when he tried consoling her,she pushed him away not once ,not twice but every time he tried to hold her she pushed him away until she finally said.......",just go and leave me alone,you've ruined my life and my parents have not even bothered to come see me, my education everything is finished and now even this child that gave me all my hope back has been taken away from me and its all because of you so go away and leave me alone" , she screamed as tears continued to fill her eyes, her noise attracted her sister who was outside and she pleaded with Ifeanyi to go and come back as she was still in shock, Ifeanyi left the hospital back to his hotel room but didn't want to leave town at least until he got a chance to talk to Steph, but days turned into a full week and she still wouldn't talk to him so he left after he had taken care of her hospital bills.

The next couple of weeks were torture for Ifeanyi as Steph still wouldn't talk to him,the only way he knew she was okay was through her sister who kept urging him to give her time and he did,he got back to school to finish up the year he had given up and time began to heal his broken heart until he got a call from Steph a couple of months later saying she had to take sometime to herself to heal and he understood very well,at that point they talked about what she wanted to do in the future and he made a vow to her to use every single source he had to get her admission into school.

Ifeanyi got Steph a Jamb form the same year and also a pre-degree form while paying her dues and as fate would have it,she secured admission that same year she lost her kid, and there was no one more relieved and happy as Ifeanyi was because for the rest of his life,he'd blame himself for not knowing better and putting her through everything she went through.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Shakyroh320:
Ur story line is gud,bt pls edit properly b4 posting.dere are some constructn mistakes.i realy comend u.kip it up.

Gracias ma'm.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
They did try to make things work,but she was now in school and he was trying to put his life back in place,he looked at his mirror one evening and thought to himself,how this seemingly shy boy had turned into a man almost even having a kid but deep down he was proud of himself,he had done something he never thought he'd be able to do, Ifeanyi had turned into a man and he was proud of who he was becoming no matter how short lived that would turn out to be
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Part of putting his life back together involved trying to get closer to God and Ifeanyi tried to do that by becoming involved with lots of church activities, he knew something had changed in him through his experience with/for Steph,he had done some things he wasn't entirely proud of and picked up a new and very bad habit, he had began to freely lie to people around him,a habit he would come to regret immensely.

Ifeanyi's private life took a back seat,he avoided emotional confrontations as much as he could, kept every female friend he had distant and never let himself be alone with a lady,he knew at this stage how potent his white juice was.

After one of his numerous church activities one certain evening, two of the new members came to say hi to him, Rita and Jane were sisters and very jovial and free minds, Jane whispered to Ifeanyi that her sister thought he was cute,something he'd later find out was actually said by Jane herself.

Now Jane was exactly Ifeanyi's type of lady, tall, fair in complexion, a waist to die for and above all very very intelligent,she was way above him but he fell for her instantly and it was as mutual as they come,see Jane had been in a series of relationships with guys who used her and dumped her so she was very careful at least she tried to be but Ifeanyi made her feel complete again and she had a similar effect on him, he hadn't felt that way about any girl he had been with previously but Ifeanyi had a problem, see Jane was one of those overly beautiful girls that keeps their man on his toes,always wondering where she's at,who she's with and stuff like that and even though Jane really did truly love him and tried to show him that always but Ifeanyi always felt he wasn't good enough and he asked her on one occasion....."why me,i mean of all the really cute guys out there,why fall for me or be with me", Jane in all honesty couldn't explain how she felt but she knew she was madly in love with him and nothing else mattered.

Ifeanyi's uneasiness with feeling not enough for Jane made him do something he'd live to regret later on,he formulated a lie about being a patient with a heart problem who needed a transplant or would die soon and to him, he felt the pity Jane would have on him would make her never leave him but oh how wrong he was,told you that lying habit he picked up during the Steph saga would come back to bite him.

With every passing day, Jane and Ifeanyi became inseparable, Ifeanyi was for the first time in Love truly with someone,they did everything together,went to church,went to watch football together,she even mentioned him to her elder sister, i mean she was head over heels in love with him and he the same even with the lie he had told her.

One evening they were together and starring deep into her eyes he said those three words he never said or even told the lady whom he almost had a kid with, he told her he was in love with her and he really was, even among his friends no one had ever seen him so dedicated to someone in the way he was with Jane and even the story of how he got Steph pregnant couldn't push her away but something was about to.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jane had never in her life loved a man she did Ifeanyi and his health scared her even though she would never admit it to him,she took up research on his health condition in a bid to see if there there were any drugs or treatments he could take to be better but as she carried on researching, she realised that Ifeanyi didn't exhibit any of the symptoms she had come across not even once and since they'd been together for almost six months,she knew him better than anyone else and felt he was lying to her she spoke to her sister about it and Rita told her to be sure of what she was saying before confronting Ifeanyi about it.

Now Ifeanyi had been stuck in his head for weeks trying to figure out a way to tell Jane the truth but he couldn't figure out how, he had fallen so deep in love with her that....... He knew he didn't have that much of a choice though,tell the truth and most likely she would never speak to him again,keep up the charade and sooner rather than later,she would find out, his whole world was about crumbling before his very eyes
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jane came over to his place that evening and they both sat down to have a discussion, she wanted to know once and for all if he had been lying to her......."babe pls don't be offended but i have to ask, have you been lying to me all this while about your health", he never expected it but knew it had to happen sooner rather than later,see Ifeanyi was so much in love with her that he just couldn't do it any longer, if she had asked him over the phone he probably would have kept up the charade but there she was sitted with him tears almost filling up her eyes, and he knew he couldn't keep doing it to a lady he was so much in love with.

Ifeanyi didn't say yes or no to Jane's question but rather burst into tears and she got her answer,she had been lied to for months by a guy she gave everything for, she started to make for the door and Ifeanyi tried to drag her back......"I'm so so sorry, i didn't mean to i ......." but she was gone and that was it,he would not lay his eyes on her again for a long long time to come.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by Shakyroh320(f): 8:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Oya take kunu and egg buns for job well done,u realy impress me wit d corections,kip it coming dear.morf wisdom by His grace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Whatever happened or didn't happen with Jane forever changed Ifeanyi, after years of not knowing how to move on he began to but vowed never to date again,his colleagues would tease him with it whenever they hung out but Ifeanyi never wavered,deep down he knew he wasn't totally over Jane and had no clue where she was as she'd blocked him on all social media but he also knew it wasn't healthy holding on hope for whatever reason.

Ifeanyi's encounter with Jane had changed him for the better actually,he vowed to get rid of his lying tendencies and to be a better man for whoever he ended up with next but that never seemed to come, he had a couple of flings that lasted weeks, sometimes days but his heart and soul had been given to Jane and he never knew how to love any other the way he did her but he was grateful for her cus to him she's the reason he changed and got rid of a habit that would have cost him a whole lot more if he didn't stop,he sought professional and medical help to sort himself out and thankfully it worked wonders for him.

Ifeanyi found life enjoyable again,this time his no attachment to ladies rule was one he stuck to,his Dad would chirp in sometimes at Dinner if or when Ifeanyi would ever bring a lady home to introduce even as a girlfriend but Ifeanyi had immersed himself in work that he barely had time for social occasions and of course the fact that even years later he still had feelings no matter how little for his ex and felt dating someone else would feel like lying all over again cus he wouldn't truly love them.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
Shakyroh320:
Oya take kunu and egg buns for job well done,u realy impress me wit d corections,kip it coming dear.morf wisdom by His grace.

Lols thanks dear
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jane was in the middle of a seemingly heated argument with Michael about whether or not they would have a live band or a DJ at their wedding which was a couple of months away, see Michael had been her Knight in shinning armour after things ended with Ifeanyi, she was messed up and heart broken for months and Michael was always there to comfort her, all her friends and even her sister had not been able to get through to her until Michael showed up and after months of being friends,they started dating,something which her sister Rita tagged a "miracle" as Jane never looked like she would let any other man into her life and when on their second year anniversary he proposed, she never hesitated to say yes, it'd taken her what seemed like forever to get over Ifeanyi but she finally did at least that was what she thought anyway,again not there yet.....
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
" Sir i suggest Ifeanyi also comes to the conference with us this weekend" were the next words out of Phillip's mouth and from nowhere Chris gave an input no one asked him for "ah yes sir, what kind of fellow works for a company for three good years and doesn't take his annual leave or even a day off work ah na you work pass".......Ifeanyi was puzzled, he was looking forward to spending his weekend binge watching "Jane the Virgin and Arrow" together with some premier league football but that was as well as over when Mr Kolade said " You know your colleagues are right,while i appreciate your endeavor and work rate in this office, i am giving you the weekend off and not to go home but to go with your colleagues to Uyo and relax yourself a bit while they are in the conference and no it's not a suggestion" , the boss had spoken, Ifeanyi was on his way to Uyo for the weekend but at least i don't have to be in a six hour lengthy talk he said to himself as they boarded their flight at the airport, a trip which at the end would set in motion a chain of events that would change his life.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Uyo presented Ifeanyi with an opportunity to really take some steam off all the hard work he had put himself through especially lately as dove deeper into work than he'd ever did so it was a perfect opportunity to relax, get a tan maybe,go swimming maybe and definitely go clubbing, it'd been ages he did something remotely fun.

So while those who propagated he come along to the trip were in the conference room, Ifeanyi decided to take in the exquisite hotel the company had lodged them for the weekend and what he saw at the pool site certainly pricked his imagination,see despite the fact that he was as single as a match stick,it didn't stop him from being a man and the sight of what surrounded him at the pool area certainly reminded him about that.

He was caught up admiring the view when he felt a shoulder tap him from behind, " you've got to be kidding me,Ifeanyi blurred out" before wrapping his arms around her.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 10:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
Onyinye was Jane's best friend and by extension Ifeanyi's close friend back when the two were still together but had lost contact after the break up,see Onyinye was the only of Jane's friends who kept talking to Ifeanyi even after she found out what he did, she was a very simple person and felt as long as Ifeanyi was repentant of what he did then there was no need to hold grudges.

"you've added very small height ify", Onyinye joked away, see they joked to such extents,that's how free they were with each other......" its really great to see you again what's it been 5years now and you look as beautiful as ever", he said, "aw don't tease me jor" she responded......the pleasantries went on before they decided to head to the bar,sit and catch up.

One curious thought crept through Onyinye's mind as they kept discussing, they had been talking for close to an hour and he hadn't asked her about Jane cus as history proved to her even after they had broken up, Ifeanyi would still call her to know how Jane was doing but he hadn't mentioned her even once and it was driving her nuts as to why......'is he married', has he forgotten who she is' , 'did he have an accident and lose his memory', she couldn't hold it any longer and didn't know when she blurted out....."Jane is getting married" , an expression of surprise appeared on his face,he had not for one second he sat there with her best friend thought about Jane well until Onyinye mentioned it........" that's really nice" , Ifeanyi mustered himself up to say and moved to change the topic immediately, amazingly he didn't really think about her a lot as it had been so long and he had come so far after not being able to forget for years after they broke up.

Onyinye got his contact and card as they hugged and said their goodbyes, Ifeanyi said to tell Jane he wished her all the best in her marriage but even Onyinye knew that was never going to happen as the name Ifeanyi was contraband around Jane especially after she was hospitalized a week after their break up many years back so his wish for her would have to remain what they were, mere wishes.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
Now Jane had been pissed at her best friend for not being a huge part of the wedding planning but now that she was back from UYO from her training, Jane wanted Onyinye as involved as she probably could, they first of all though wanted to catch up on everything Onyinye had been up to down south,the night life,the boys oh the boys and then she remembered Ifeanyi but knew she couldn't say anything as was the rule around Jane and the mention of that name.

Later that evening, while they were about to go bed, Jane needed some pain pills for the crazy headache she had and needed to go get pills as the one which was in the house had been exhausted but Onyinye beckoned on her to lift the last one she had from her bag as it was quite late, she searched rather furiously in Onyinyes big bag for the pills and couldn't find it until she emptied all the contents of the bag, and that's when she saw it..............
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by Shakyroh320(f): 6:42am On Dec 02, 2016
Ride on dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2016
It had taken Jane what seemed like eternity to forget about a guy she always described as "the love of her life" , and there were times after she found out what he did that she so badly wanted to forgive him and take him back but she knew it would be almost impossible to trust him again after everything and everyone around her advised she moved on and she tried to no matter how hard it was proving to be.

He was everywhere she turned to, the memories of their time together had become so overwhelming she landed herself in the hospital for stress related issues and that was when her mum made the decree that the name Ifeanyi would never be mentioned anywhere around Jane anymore

Michael met Jane a couple of months after she had broken up with Ifeanyi and was as persistent as they come, he had been given the breakdown of what she passed through and stuck by her initially as friends but in the end he craved more and his persistence paid off when she agreed to give them a shot and two years later,they were about to tie the knot.

...."have you seen the pill", Onyinye screamed from the sitting room to Jane who was now in shock after seeing Ifeanyi's card among the things in her friends bag,....."yea i got it", she replied....Now in that instance,she was sure what she shouldn't do which was, not take Ifeanyi's contact but there was a part of her that had suddenly been awaken by the fact that there was a way to reach someone she hadn't seen or spoken to in almost six years and while she contemplated what to do, Onyinye walked in on her holding the card.....
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:36am On Dec 02, 2016
....."why don't we sit and talk", Onyinye told her still shocked friend....."have you been in contact with him all this time", Jane inquired from her friend and that was when Onyinye opened up to her about how she ran into Ifeanyi at Uyo where he was attending a conference for his company......"how is he",Jane asked now a bit moody......"he's doing really good for himself", she replied her friend and Onyinye saw a look in her friends eyes that could only mean trouble but Jane almost immediately snapped out of it by retorting back to her friend....." well that's good for him,we should really get some sleep", Jane attempted to end the conversation but Onyinye couldn't help but wonder if she was truly okay.

Jane couldn't sleep as slowly and in the most tortured manner,memories the good ones started to creep back into her head,things she had worked so hard to forget began to come back to her and it would be that this time she couldn't push them out.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 7:58am On Dec 02, 2016
Ifeanyi had really come so far from the very young boy who listened to tons of backstreet boys and funnily enough he still did and "show me the meaning" blasted out from his sound system as he sat in his living room caught in his thoughts about every lady he'd ever been with and whether he had been fair with them, his mind went back to his first Chi and how her friends pressured her to end things with him cus he wasn't one of the "big boys", then he remembered Tina and how despite her advances towards him,he pushed her away....."at least i didn't take advantage of her", he thought to himself then his mind went to Ijeoma and how he dodged a bullet by not giving into her demands back then.

He thought about Stephanie and wondered whether she would be married and hopefully had more kids and prayed it was so, he smiled when he thought of all the crazy things he did during her pregnancy and how proud he was at himself for being a real man back then.

"Incomplete" was the next track that played on his system and that preceded his memories of Jane, his darling Jane, the one he was so sure he would take to the altar, the one he loved to a fault which was of his own doing and how he knew he really hurt her and how he still felt guilty about it.

It was an afternoon of reflections for Ifeanyi,he thought about all the other ladies who had thrown themselves at him but he declined cus he didn't want to lie or break any other persons heart the way he did Jane's.

His mind went back to the encounter with Onyinye and how she said Jane was getting married, he knew he was meant to be happy that she had recovered from what he did to her but all he felt was regret and anger that he messed up the only good thing he had in his life but it was also a realisation that he too needed to begin to move on......."baby steps", he said to himself.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 8:20am On Dec 02, 2016
"You have to be sure my dear, because even the slightest atom of doubt is enough for everything to crash, so search your heart deeply and be sure this is the man or woman you want to wake up next to every morning for the rest of your life"........see Michael's mum was a marriage counselor so when she took Jane aside during a family dinner to give her marital advice, she had no clue that she had said the kinda words Jane had not been expecting to hear.

Jane had sort of changed since finding out that Ifeanyi was a phone call away from her and even though she constantly denied it, something had changed and Michael noticed it too but she assured him that everything was fine but Michael's mums word made her realise that just maybe things were not as fine as she thought they were.

..."Am i crazy for having doubts", Jane asked Onyinye at dinner but she didn't get the answer she wanted as Onyinye knew she had to thread carefully or risk making her friend make a grave mistake,......" You are getting married in a couple of weeks,you have the most amazing man in the world beside you, he's never done anything to make you not trust or suspect him,so why would you want to throw that away", Onyinye replied her trying as much as possible to remind her of what an amazing guy Michael was and she did get through to Jane who said to herself,....." i would be crazy to throw all that away", and for a moment she thought about Michael and how he'd been extremely patient and caring towards her,just one thing though bugged her which was for all of Michael's extremely wonderful qualities, he wasn't Ifeanyi.
Re: Unforgettable.....love,betrayal And Forgiveness by stan241(m): 9:25am On Dec 02, 2016
...."ol boy, have you guys heard of the opening at the UK branch of the company", Phillip blurted out during lunch at the staff canteen...." yea but i heard its mainly for those who have completed their professional course", Chris responded, and besides" its not like i can just leave the country especially with madam heavy with number three", Chris continued..." but bros you will kill this woman o,ah no space to rest for her at all", Ifeanyi finally joined in the conversation chewing a bite of his favourite "canteen burger" as they loved to call it....."my brother, we want to do all the borning now so that we can rest", Chris responded to bouts of laughter,....."abeg which be borning again", Phillip said and they kept up the laughter before Phillip turned to Ifeanyi and said......"but this job will fit you more man,i mean its not like you have anything keeping you in this crazy country and maybe you'd finally meet a worthy lady over there", Phillip told him,....." Man even if he goes to Brazil with all them beautiful ladies, this young man is destined for one thing only,being single" Chris added and they all laughed as they headed back to the office.

Ifeanyi sat at his verandah later that evening thinking to himself about a variety of things when Phillip's earlier statement came rushing through his mind, Phillip wasn't far off from the truth he thought to himself, he didn't exactly have anyone to stop him from applying for the job at the International Office of his company, his personal life was zero, he barely already even saw his dad as he had remarried and moved to another state so it wasn't like anyone would really miss him then he thought about Jane and how she was getting married and moving on with her life and then he realised he had to apply for the job the following day maybe a change of environment was exactly what he needed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

IN THE WRONG PLACE : A Story Of Love And Betrayal / “OGA MADAM” – Late Night Short Story! / Bride Competition (Romance thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.