Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up (12920 Views)

What To Do When Your Laptop Makes Beeping Sound / My Laptop Makes A Strange Beeping Sound When I Turn It On, What Could Be Wrong / Computer Continuous Beeping Sound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by Okd1: 7:32am On Nov 10, 2009
Hi, Help ooo My laptop keeps on beeping from start up to window and it wount stop please what can i do
Lenovo 3000 N200 thats is the type of the laptop am using
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by tomiade1(m): 2:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
I had the same problem with my old laptop. . .would also want to know the cause.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by mikesleek(m): 8:49pm On Nov 10, 2009
If the system is beeping from start up and the system is booting then the challenge is with the keyboard. For a desktop user, disconnect the keyboard and see if it would work. For the laptop user, tap the keys on the keyboard till you are able to detectg the exact keys that are clogging the keyboard.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by deji2009(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2009
mikesleek:

If the system is beeping from start up and the system is booting then the challenge is with the keyboard. For a desktop user, disconnect the keyboard and see if it would work. For the laptop user, tap the keys on the keyboard till you are able to detectg the exact keys that are clogging the keyboard.

Absolutely right. @poster try sliding your 10 fingers across your keyboard (lightly hard not very hard)

Press shift five times fast, then when presented with the box, press cancel. You might have sticky keys on, but most likely not the problem. Still worth a try.

Could be faulty components or loose RAM etc or your operating system may be set to beep on error. The option can be found in Bios F2 on start up

You should have an option for disable sound on keyboard errors only” if such a setting exists

Check event viewer. you can do it now and see if there are a number of similar warnings.

Also check immediately after the tone to see if anything shows

there. Is a shame we don't if you are using XP or Vista.

try this go to control panel>accessibility options>sound tab>

check either of the boxes to generate a visual message along with the sound

Click start>administrative tools>event viewer (also in control panel>administrative tools)

Once you’re their, click on the "View Tab"-Add/remove columns-make sure date,time,type,

source,category, event columns are visible, newest first,

In left pane, click any entry. In rite pane, rite click any entry, select properties

and it will give you an error message or information message.

If a message exists for the tone, it would most likely be a system warning.

Good luck and thanks for enquiring.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by Okd1: 6:29am On Nov 11, 2009
Thanks all but i tried all you said but its still not working @tomi ade when yours have the same problem do you get the solution please.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by tomiade1(m): 7:44am On Nov 11, 2009
@ OKD

no i didn't get a solution. . .i had to change my laptop. . .that sound is so annoying.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by miqos02(m): 3:14am On Nov 12, 2009
thats a keyboard error,u have to replace it one of the buttons is pressed down.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by mikesleek(m): 6:32am On Nov 12, 2009
Since you said the system is booting, that is definately a keyboard error.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by DualCore1: 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2009
Open a word processor and see if a particular key stroke just keeps running accross the screen. If you see that, then its that very key with the problem. Change your keyboard (or be stubborn like me and keep slapping it until it works)

If the above isnt the case, try this. On your desktop click on the icons. Click on them one by one. If all the ones you have clicked remain selected, then its a faulty "ctrl" and/or "shift" key.

If this doesn't work send the laptop to me through your sister. If you dont have a sister or any other female to send it through, i'm busy grin
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by Hanoobaba(m): 4:48pm On Nov 12, 2009
Check your RAM memory. One of them may be bad.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by mikesleek(m): 9:13pm On Nov 12, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Check your RAM memory. One of them may be bad.

Wrong diagnostics. It really can't be the RAM, if it is the system would not boot or probably just keep hanging. Dual core has jnust given you how to locate the faulty key. Do it or keep enjoying the ring tone.
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by DualCore1: 9:33pm On Nov 12, 2009
mikesleek:

Dual core has jnust given you how to locate the faulty key. Do it
OP, This brother has accepted responsibility for whatever further damage will result from slapping your keyboard. He said you should do it!
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by DualCore1: 9:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
Worst case scenario: unscrew the keypad from the back and unplug the keypad from the motherboard. Then run the machine.
If the beeping stops then we know the bad guy. If it doesn't (very very unlikely), erm. . . i dunno call bill gates or something, he put us into the mess.

I havnt ripped a lenovo apart before (i never will, hopefully), so I cant provide you with schematics as to what screws to remove and how to get the keypad out. but remember this is a worst-case-scenario thingy, you do it you void warranty (if any).
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by deji2009(m): 11:55pm On Nov 12, 2009
Okd1:

Thanks all but i tried all you said but its still not working @tomi ade when yours have the same problem do you get the solution please.

Did you follow what I typed ? or did you just skipped it ?

Right do this go to youtube and type Post Beeps

or Post Beeps errors if the sound is similar to the one

you are getting then you know you have a hardware faulty

I wouldn't say RAM because if it is shouldn't boot up

Good luck !
Re: Help My Computer Keep Beeping From Start Up by mikesleek(m): 6:29am On Nov 14, 2009
Dual Core:

OP, This brother has accepted responsibility for whatever further damage will result from slapping your keyboard. He said you should do it!

lol, @Dual core, don't worry after he has "done it", i'm sure he will be bringing the bills accross to you.
@poster look for a pc technician. Either you go to computer village if you are in Lagos or you go to a coy. I use Beta computers Surulere.

(1) (Reply)

Google Finally Rolls Out “undo Send” Option For Gmail / 7 Websites To Download Latest APPS And GAMES For Android / File Integrity Violated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.