Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,113 members, 7,953,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:42 PM

Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? (1017 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / My Husband Is Cheating On Me With Our Neighbor! Hurting Real Bad / My Sister Is Cheating On Her Husband For Not Supporting Her Financially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
[b] I cheat on my girlfriend and also cheat on who i cheated on her with lipsrsealed , people will judge you, say awful things but i dont think that its bad angry So this may sound like rambling, but here's my thoughts.

So, a lot of people see cheating as bad and the worst thing you could do to your partner. But is it really? Why do we cheat? It is to get something our partners don't give us. Whether that be emotional intimacy, more sex, or just variety. Everybody has their reason, but they all boil down to getting something we can't get. Which is a form of love; it is loving yourself.

So, why is this bad? Some people say that it hurts your spouse's feelings and violates trust. However, so what? I mean, let's say I'm over 20 and was raised in a conservative household. My parents trust me that I won't have sex before marriage. Is it wrong to live my own life? What if I was gay and pursued a homosexual partner? That hurts them too. Does that mean I was wrong?

There's also the fact that said spouse won't have their feelings hurt if they never find out. Which means friends that think they're doing the right thing by snitching actually did more wrong than the cheater.

Some say if you want variety then just leave. Every cheater has their reason for not leaving, and that is also explained by love. It's the only reason not to. They still love their spouse, but they know the spouse won't understand that there was something missing. Sometimes it is for kids, or for selfish reasons like money.

Which brings me to my next point. Is monogamy selfish? Some people demand the adulterer leave the spouse for them. This arises from a societal idea that monogamy is the only way. What does this cause? This causes stress for the adulterer as s/he must choose. Whichever choice they choose, they will break either the lover or the spouse's heart. And if the spouse ever finds out there was a choice to be made in the first place, even if the cheater chose the spouse in the end, then the cheater will find himself single and more heart ache all around. Misery for everyone, and all due to a pursuit of monogamy.

So maybe open marriages and open relationships would make everybody happier. Especially since, when one is dating, if the person you want is attractive, they are seldom single for long. So your only hope is to pursue her while she is in a relationship, but not too much. The. Territorial beat your chest crap happens. Or be her friend, circling like a vulture for the relationship to end.

Some people say that open relationships aren't immoral, but if your spouse doesn't want one that you should respect that. But again, that is letting someone else rule your life and tell you what to do. Everybody says to be your own person. Suddenly that stops applying when you're in a relationship.

[size=20pt] The only real reason not to cheat and stuff is STDs and exposing your partner to it without their permission. This can be mitigated by being cautious in who you're cheating with, and wearing protection, though the later is almost no help against herpes.[/size]
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by inemani: 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
Cheating is a veeeeeeerrry GOOD thing! Anuofia!

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by TheArchangel(f): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
What you wrote up there is amoral to the eyes Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by sisisioge: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin

Se en gbo Omo oniranu! Lubbish pikin.
Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lmao same man will cheat like 50 times but go nuts when his girl so much as has lunch with a male work colleague. Ok boss lol

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Cuddlebugie(f): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Radarada
Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Cuddlebugie:
Radarada
be there cheesy
Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
1bkaye:
Lmao same man will cheat like 50 times but go nuts when his girl so much as has lunch with a male work colleague. Ok boss lol
men rule the world women make it interesting.
Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
TheArchangel:
What you wrote up there is amoral to the eyes Sir.
true is a bitter pill.
Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by eyinjuege: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good for you, if you and your spouse agree on an open marriage, provided you really don't mind if your spouse decides to sleep with other men or women. That's not cheating btw since its an agreement between the two of you.
Your choice, your life.
Ko kan aye

2 Likes

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Viking007(m): 8:00am On Dec 03, 2016
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 03, 2016
1bkaye:

Women still cheat on them tho. After all their noise making. But they do it in secret.

1 Like

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by cococandy(f): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Valid Only if you feel the same way when she cheats on you

3 Likes

Re: Discussion: Is Cheating Really So Bad? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2016
Cheating leads to a lot of bad things. I hate cheating especially when in a serious relationship. Cheating is stressful if you ask me.

(1) (Reply)

Two Teenageers Streamed Their Death On Facebook / Nigerian Man Kills Himself After Finding Out His 4 Children Weren't His / The Increasing Rise In Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.