Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State (43242 Views)

Residents Panic Over Oil Spill In Isheri-ikotun, Lagos / A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State. / See The Owl They Killed At Ikotun Market This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by jinxet2000: 1:49am On Dec 03, 2016
Go and stand underneath it until it falls let us know how many miles away from death. If you say in your mind, how can someone go and stand under, you can as well ask when would it fall and who could be crossing. It is a death machine, potential hazard and needs to be fixed. It is the same mindset the people whose duty is to clear things like this have that made them not to have repaired it. Think of it too, now the glass fitting is in place and all it requires is just screw (may be 2 which will cost N50) But if it falls and breaks, you must buy a new fittings of about N20,000. So, whether death machine or not, ministry of road safety should fix it.

Logician:
How can this be described as a death machine? Let's be honest it need fixing but I don't see it as fatal risk
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by fkdmods: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2016
kadree:
Only if we have a proactive government. Hopefully, they react to this.

You are funny.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by kadree(m): 2:46am On Dec 03, 2016
BEENUEL:
[size=15pt]Nigerians, These are set of people who waits-awaits their government for minor or less issues concerning the society.

Now op, at least if you can add such caption"Dangling death machine" your brain should fathom that you can as well see to that machine, it's no big deal.

I hope seun and his crew will Goan fix it. SMH
[/size]
Making comments without using some derogatory words to someone whom your only point of meeting is online is achievable brother. Leave good behind. Peace!
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by DedeNkem: 2:51am On Dec 03, 2016
Govt. buys inferior products and pocket the loot.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by LorDBolton(m): 3:59am On Dec 03, 2016
Jabioro:
We've no maintainance culture .,until it cause unreparable damages.MAY GOD PROTECT US.

Baba I used to think it was all about poor governance until they installed streetlights in my area...these vandals are something else.

So far under a year they've had to replace cables about a dozen times so far.

We saw on a thread sometime ago vandals removing the light u see dangling in that pic, how they were able to reach such heights I dunno.

***Another issue is the lukewarm attitude of citizens, they don't report to relevant authorities.

Kudos kadree but if you're familiar with the area pls call 112 and give them a description they'll forward it to the relevant authorities.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by Gbengazzee(m): 5:54am On Dec 03, 2016
Then what are the residents living in that area waiting for. Just one person in that area can fix this not to talk of people coming together to fix. We should nt wait for government to do all, we should be responsible for some too.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by toboski1(m): 6:06am On Dec 03, 2016
Dongreat:
One question u will like to ask please, what is stopping the residents of their environment from taking that thing down? Should the government also come to wipe the poo of the aśs of every Nigerians ?

and be arrested for tampering with government property?

1 Like

Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by seguno2: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2016
Logician:
How can this be described as a death machine? Let's be honest it need fixing but I don't see it as fatal risk

A logician should know that a death machine can drop and kill anytime.
Only those who will be unfortunate to be under the dangling street light will feel the loss when it happens.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by seguno2: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2016
Dongreat:
One question u will like to ask please, what is stopping the residents of their environment from taking that thing down? Should the government also come to wipe the poo of the aśs of every Nigerians ?

Is that why you pay taxes to your government and it collects federal allocation on your behalf?
So you can go about doing what you already paid for?
Is that wisdom or stupidity?
Choose.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by edogho(m): 7:36am On Dec 03, 2016
may it find the right head.

buh op, can't u contact the jobless officials who are in charge to avert this danger?
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by edogho(m): 7:39am On Dec 03, 2016
seguno2:

Is that why you pay taxes to your government and it collects federal allocation on your behalf?
So you can go about doing what you already paid for?
Is that wisdom or stupidity?
Choose.
Both buh
Your siggy contradicts this. just pointing that out.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by godquality: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Logician:
You are joking right? Sure i believe you are. Because if that thing should drop on someone's head (adult or child) there's no telling what might happen. And don't forget to factor in the time that will be wasted before the proper medical attention is given to that person.

This is fatal and shouldn't be seen in 2016 in Nigeria (maybe i expect so much from my country).
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by seguno2: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2016
edogho:
Both buh
Your siggy contradicts this. just pointing that out.

No contradiction bro with my siggy.
It means that we pay our dues and play our roles in ensuring that our public servants do the work we pay them handsomely to do.
Cheers
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by princeakins(m): 9:12am On Dec 03, 2016
InformedLola:
Hope this somehow finds it's way to the right quarters
I want you also to find ur way to my quarters grin
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by Elebiju: 3:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:
So this is Lagos,the so called 5th largest economy in Africa looking like Ibadan.
Stop viewing lagos from your phone, come to lagos and get lost in the flood of human traffic.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
Elebiju:
Stop viewing lagos from your phone, come to lagos and get lost in the flood of human traffic.

Hopefully,l will someday. Just that l heard the place is too rough.
Re: A Dangling Death Machine At Ikotun Lagos State by Elebiju: 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2016
ItsTheBachelor:

Hopefully,l will someday. Just that l heard the place is too rough.
what do you expect in a commercial city? New York is even worse than lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

People Gather Around Madwoman In Aba To Get Lucky Betting Numbers (Photos) / A Snake In My Room! / Lady Killed By Heavy Rainfall In Onitsha, Anambra State. Disturbing Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.