Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,302 members, 7,954,200 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:05 PM

What Is NYSC Turning To? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Is NYSC Turning To? (793 Views)

Please When Is Nysc 2018 Batch B Mobilization? / When Is NYSC 2016 Batch B Stream II Passing Out Parade / When Exactly Is NYSC 2017 Batch A Stream II Going To Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is NYSC Turning To? by Ojeniran95: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
I can't see the change mantra!
Corps members are being killed, now not with machetes: not only their blood are being spilled, but our tears are being shed. Our elders will say big issues are better analysed from smaller perspective.
I remember I wrote several articles on the need to scrap NYSC or better still make it optional. This morning my pen came bleeding again when I woke to the news of the dead of miss Elechi Chenyerem, a 27 year old corps member who died in Bayelsa camp. As if that was not enough, this same week we heard about the death of Ifedolapo Oladepo, a first class graduate of Transport Management of Lautech who died in Kanu camp as a result of negligence. The report claimed she was refused treatment because of an assumption that she wanted to evade parade. What nous is in that please?
It is annoyingly sad, shockingly barbaric and painfully unfortunate that these corps members agreed to go through the obviously pointless NYSC programme, even at the cost of losing a full year of their lives. They agreed to serve a country that only pays back with blood and tears. After all, what they get is degrading and inhumane situation that eventually led to their dead.
Come to think of it in the spite of this cold-hearted treatment, poor welfare condition, paltry monthly allowance and the case where prospective corps members have to be delayed for about a year before they are being mobilised is a serious issue that need to be looked into if the scheme must proceed.
If Mr. President still believe in this youth service programme, if he still thinks it hasn’t lost it valour and savour, if he still thinks our youths are rather not being used as pawns in the game of chess, Why then is Zahra Buhari, his daughter not serving her fathers land like others even though she just graduated? I stopped believing in Mr. President change mantra when I didnt see the change.
Why must it only be the children of the masses that should serve their fathers land? Why must it be only them subjected to this inhumane situation? “We must begin the change!"
God bless Nigeria!
I dedicate this article to Ifedolapo and Chinyerem. May God grant your families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss
Teepen (unrepentant optimist)
#Copied

Re: What Is NYSC Turning To? by ring7(m): 7:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Zhara wetin,

1 Like

Re: What Is NYSC Turning To? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
op there have been another two cases of death aside the one you are talking about, I keep wondering what the hell is, the organization turning into

1 Like

Re: What Is NYSC Turning To? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:12am On Dec 03, 2016
make Dem turn it to another stuff where yuuts can learn skills and trade jare. the thing na waste of time

(1) (Reply)

Most Nysc Members Posted To North Applied For Redeployment – Dg / Revealed! Twitter User Exposes Truth About Corper Serving In Port Harcourt / Cry for Help- 2016 Batch B Stream 1 Final Alawee Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.