Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Corper Ifedolapo's Death: What Did The Doctors Do Wrong? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Ifedolapo's Death: What Did The Doctors Do Wrong? (719 Views)

Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story / Burial Pictures Of Ifedolapo Oladepo - NYSC Female Member / Corper Ifedolapo Dies In Kano Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Corper Ifedolapo's Death: What Did The Doctors Do Wrong? by everhopeful: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
I am no Doctor. I am just someone who hates to see people castigated for no cogent reasons and I like it when the blamie is put right where it should be, as that is the only way to truly move forward.

Now, I see a lot of people blaming the Doctors for Corper Ifedolapo's death and I ask: what exactly did they do wrong?

From all accounts, including the deceased corper's relative, Ifedolapo died as a result of anaphylaxis.

Now, let us learn a bit. Anarhykaxis is a potentially deadly allergic reaction which could be caused by dveese conditions inclusive of certain food substances or medication.

Such medication include Non Steeoidal Antiinflamatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as DICLOFENAC AND IBUPROFEN WHICH WE COMMONLY USE AS PAINKILLERS.

NOTE: No overdose is needed before someone with the allergy comes down with the reaction.

When anaphylaxis occurs, there is need for an immediate dose of epinephrine and a visit to the A&E.

Ifedolapo went to the clinic with complaints of body pains and uneasiness which is most likely the most common complaints in NYSC clinics due to the rigorous excercise corpers.go through and the stress of being in camp.

Ifedolapo was administered IM diclofenac which is an appropriate treatment for Ifedolapo's initial complaints of muscular pains since there were no tablets.

Ifedolapo reacted to the routine NSAID and went back to the clinic with complaints pointing towards anaphylaxis.

However, THE CAMP CLINIC DID NOT HAVE EPINEPHRINE WHICH WOULD HAVE BEEN THE APPROPRIATE TREATMENT. The Doctors then REFERED her which was the next appropriate step to take.

So I ask: What did the doctors do wrong?

They provided treatment as appropriate and referred. It is not their place to provide drugs to.clinics neither are they the ones to provide transportation. They did what they ought to do.

I have seen several cases like this where the Doctors get the blame for a failed system therefore I understand why several of my doctor friends are either depressed or eager to get out of this country.

I know emotions are high right now as I also lost my sister 3 years ago. But please let us learn to appreciate those who more often than not try their best for us even.in adverse circustances.

RIP Ifedolapo. May God give solace ro your family as he has for me and mine.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo's Death: What Did The Doctors Do Wrong? by afanide: 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
They should have placed value on life FIRST rather than resort to payment before treatment......

(1) (Reply)

Must Read For All Batch B Stream Two Posted To Akwa Ibom / National Youth Service Corps Discipline / 5 Things You Can Engage In During Your Service Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.