Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! (1426 Views)

8 Diseases A Prostitute Can Give You The Last Can Kill You In Days / Sudden Death: 4 Ways Sex Can Kill You (Pics) / Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by ayopo10(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
So allow me to scare you a bit with some staggering fact: the mere act of popping that growing pimple on your face can kill you!
Yes, it is true.
I know pimples (also called zits and medically known as acne) can be very vexing when they start sprouting on your smooth face like yam seedlings on a fertile soil after the rains....and you are consumed with rage and the sickening urge to just grab them, squeeze them and pop the life out of the suckers! I know how it feels. And really, it's a wonderful feeling when you succesfully pop a ripe one and have your hands smeared with a mixture of blood and stinking white mater. Such a feeling!
But then, even as you enjoy that experience of popping, you may be unknowingly planning your own death. Because just one unfortunate singular act of it or misadventure can kill you so fast you would wish you had AIDS instead.
Now let me just briefly explain how pimples are formed and why they have an inexplicably strange love for the face unlike other body parts and why they have a remarkable potential to assassinate you when popped.
Read on.....
Pimples form when dead skin cells mix with sebum, an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous gland found under the skin surface. This mixture plugs and blocks the sweat pores, causing a swelling.
Occasionally, bacteria can grow on the mixture leading to an infection and pus formation.
Quick question: why do pimples affect the face more than any other body part? Why not the soles of feet or nails or abdomen or whatever? Why the face of all places?
It is bacause the face has the highest concentration of sebaceous glands than any other body part. Naturally, the more sebaceous glands there are, the more sebum there will be and the more likely it is for pimples to form.
WHY YOU MUST AVOID THE URGE TO POP THAT PIMPLE?
There's a part of the face often referred to as the Danger Triangle of the Face or simply the Triangle of Death.
It is called the triangle of death because any infection within that triangle can cause you to die. No joke. Okay, why and how exactly does this happen? It is because of the peculiar anatomy of this region of the face.
Blood vessels within this triangle of death drain (flow) to the back of the head, at the base of the brain. Lots of sinuses (cavities within a bone or tissues) are found here and they make it very easy for infections to spread from the skin to the brain.

When you pop a pimple, you are not merely scarring your face or inflicting pain on yourself, you also introduce bacteria from the surrounding skin and your fingernails into the damaged skin. These bacteria can spread to infect the sinuses (sinusitis), eventually reaching the brain and snorting life out of you if not diagnosed and treated early.
And you may also be asking, "how exactly does one deal with these annoying zits if not by popping"?
Very good question. That would be the question I will be answering with my next blog post. Be that as it may, if it happens that you are addicted to popping pimples (May God help you), you may want to consider popping other items or body parts to get some release for the main time. Just don't take your hands near those zits again. Please, don't. Except of course you want your parents and love ones to start blaming the witches in your village for your untimely death.
Until another time,
Ja mata ne

Source: http://doctorshub.com.ng/2016/12/02/popping-that-pimple-on-your-face-can-kill-you/

Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by ayopo10(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lalasticlala lets educate our people
Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by Omexonomy: 7:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
If you agree with me that anything can kill a man click like if not click share

2 Likes

Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by nobodii: 8:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lol this seems fake were the triangle is.. Is not were she is busting the pimple at first picture
Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by nobodii: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Omexonomy:
If you agree with me that anything can kill a man click like if not click share
oga stop begging for likes with style grin wink

3 Likes

Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by ayopo10(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
lolz, they are two different models and you can google the key words
nobodii:
Lol this seems fake were the triangle is.. Is not were she is busting the pimple at first picture

1 Like

Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by ayopo10(m): 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2016
grin grin grin
nobodii:
oga stop begging for likes with style grin wink
Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by nobodii: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2016
ayopo10:
lolz, they are two different models and you can google the key words
okay o
Re: Popping That Pimple On Your Face Can Kill You! by ladiwayne1: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
DeliveryBros™ is an Instant Delivery service using motorbikes for PickUp and Delivery in any area within Lagos and Abuja. Our Riders are trusted and well trained to handle your packages professionally.

lets take the stress off you, while we bring this experience directly to your mobile device.

Contact us on
Whatsapp: 08156796295
Email: howfar@deliverybros.com

(1) (Reply)

17 Effective And Unique Uses For Vaseline / How To Maks Your Vagina Smell Good / I Need help My Anus Is Swollen���

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.