Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,754 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? (1295 Views)

Pls Advice! What Course Can I Get With These Result? / Advice: What Course And Institution Can I Select To Gain Admission... / Ten (10) University With The Fastest Academic Calender 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by bemind(f): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
I have exactly 6 months starting January to improve my yoruba speaking skills. This is a personal goal I have set for myself. I find it quite ridiculous that I am yet to speak yourba fluently having spent the bulk of my adult life in Lagos. Is there anyone here who has successfully self-studied the language? For those who are native to the tongue, what in your opinion would be the fastest way to improve speech proficiency?
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by madridguy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Start eating Amala and ewedu.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by tayo399(m): 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
by speaking "Yoruba"
check my signature for free 0.01 bitcoin
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by d4guy: 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
Find ppl you will communicate with in Yoruba , they speak more of pigin in Lagos I think . or you relocate to places like Ibadan or Ogun cheesy
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by Khd95(m): 10:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Relocate to brown roof republic,u knw wamsayinggrin
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by seggzz(m): 10:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
bemind:
I have exactly 6 months starting January to improve my yoruba speaking skills. This is a personal goal I have set for myself. I find it quite ridiculous that I am yet to speak yourba fluently having spent the bulk of my adult life in Lagos. Is there anyone here who has successfully self-studied the language? For those who are native to the tongue, what in your opinion would be the fastest eat to improve speech proficiency?

I just want to share how I learnt Hausa and I believed it may help...

(1) I bought Hausa books and movies to listen to the phonics and the rest. I watched Hausa Nollywood movies.

(2) I tried to be in the gathering of Hausa people where I can practice what I learnt. I wrote it down according to the way they do speak it.

(3) I tried learning and saying at least one one word a day. I took this as a duty daily and I must speak Hausa daily to an Hausa person or friends. I learnt my Hausa here in Lagos... sai gobe...

1 Like

Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by Varagous(f): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
tell people around u about your goal, especially those who can speak Yoruba to always communicate to you in it.
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by Marvinisimi: 6:34am On Apr 02, 2017
visit this page http://culturetree.co.uk and https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCjjzx5WteiyGu6_t3S09jHA for ways to teach our children Yoruba and other African languages.
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by Loluores: 11:26pm On Dec 08, 2017
Removed.
Re: Advice: What Is The Fastest Way To Learn Yoruba? by Loluores: 12:19am On Dec 09, 2017
Removed also, sorry. All the content will be in another, more active, thread here.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Anye? / The Delay Of Jamb Result. / 2016 WAEC Results Ranking By State ! Any Inferences ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.