Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,788 members, 7,841,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? (889 Views)

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Lagos in Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare / The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? by Vacora(m): 6:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
Have you bought and begun playing it? please share your views.
The game is set to break all records and the previews looked stunning and gameplay seems intensive and enjoyable. I had some colleagues sneak off at midnight to go buy the game at the stores that opened that early. Please let us know the cheapest price the game is being sold and which retail outlet or shop it is currently available, apparently there is a £174 stand alone edition of the game i kid you not!!

Modern Warfare 2 pre-orders top 4.5 million 4:54PM, Tuesday 10th November 2009
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 launched last night and it looks set to be the biggest entertainment launch in history with over 4.5 million pre-orders taken on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.
The previous highest-selling game was GTA IV, which sold over four million copies on its first day and 5.92 million in its first week. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is expected to sell between six and seven million copies in its first week, which should generate revenue of around £300 million, which is more than any entertainment product in history.

Modern Warfare 2 is also the first game to have a movie-style premiere at a cinema in Leicester Square cinema. Self confessed Call of Duty fanboy Vernon Kay hosted the event at the Vue cinema, where he told the audience that "[Modern Warfare 2] will be the biggest   

entertainment launch of any game ever."

The release will likely see a boost in console hardware sales, as Activision has teamed up with Microsoft to offer a number of Xbox 360 bundles, including a limited edition console with a Modern Warfare 2 skin.

For those still looking to get hold of the game, it's likely to be difficult, but Sainsbury's and Morrisons have the best deals at the moment. Both Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game are on sale for just £26, although Sainsbury's lists it out of stock with no indication of when it'll be back in stock.

Your next best bets are Tesco and Amazon, where the console versions of the game are available for £32, while the PC version is under £30.

Xbox Live gamertag - ThaShaft08
Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? by mahal(m): 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
Finally, Its here, I think i have waited long enough for this hit.
Operation Flashpoint 2 disappointed me.

the next wait would be Bad Company 2
Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? by Vacora(m): 11:01pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ Mahal
I didn't buy Op Flashpoint, i am really tempted to buy this game but i am trying to finish three games at the moment: Borderlands, Fallout 3 DLC and Halo ODST.
I must agree with you there are a lot of excited people out.
Re: Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What Do You think? by kosovo(m): 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
i think Bad company 2 would give COD a run for it's money,
but COD had always been Big,
fingers crossed!

(1) (Reply)

Naruto Storm3 Masters Living At Woji Ph / Wanna Swap My Xbox 360 With Gta V For A Ps3 Console With God Of War 3 / How Strategic Is Your Thinking Nairaland Gamers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.