Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. (1975 Views)

Bmw E30..pimped 650k ✅ / Volkswagen Bettle 2007 Tokunbo 1.4m / Pls I Need A Tokunbo Or Used Clean Volkswagen Bettle From 2000 Model Urgently... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:22am On Dec 04, 2016
Yeah I know you guys will want to check what I meant by that post...above

Yes I once open a post that to convert manual drive Into an autodrive is possible
I saw too many critics saying NA LIE and others... here everything is possible..........

Now first ever to pimped transformed and customised an old vintage
1500 v.w nettle that yoruba pple called IJAPA...
Or yerimbeto!!! grin
As we all know normally from the genesis of that nettle or bug. Engine are normally used to be at the back of the car.
Now we are changing the whole system of the car by putting a golf 2 engine at the front of it...
Changing the legs
Changing so many things.
As for now
50percent loading

1 Like

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2016
E ma try wao.
A ma clear doubt yin...

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:29am On Dec 04, 2016
50percent loading still on process

I want to carry all nairalander along...

To see how it's

1 Like

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:30am On Dec 04, 2016
As you can even see now.
The fuel tank is now at the back.. not at the front as usual for a vw bettle....

cool
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2016
Yeah

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 7:33am On Dec 04, 2016
We do what has never being done before!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by Bullet01(f): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2016
following
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by pacino26(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2016
Following
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by jr3: 6:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
Following.
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by eightsin(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nice one. I am following
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by AreaFada2: 8:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Nice but it won't be Ijapa anymore. That unique sound will be gone. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by kelvine(m): 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
Following too
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by Readonee35L(m): 10:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
This doesn't make any sense.
1st of all . Changing Rear wheel drive to a front wheel is a downgrade to me.

2ndly if you had much to spend for this , why not get a better engine than a fuel Carbureted Golf 2engine.
Turbo charging the stock enging would have been better than this Golf engine .

Or better still get an Electronic fuel injected Engine From A Golf 3 and its whole engine wiring . and mount it in that ride and see how it flies .
Am not here to bad mouth your project . But this is Good though .
So please continue and share us more pictures. smiley

2 Likes

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
Readonee35L:
This doesn't make any sense.
1st of all . Changing Rear wheel drive to a front wheel is a downgrade to me.

2ndly if you had much to spend for this , why not get a better engine than a fuel Carbureted Golf 2engine.
Turbo charging the stock enging would have been better than this Golf engine .

Or better still get an Electronic fuel injected Engine From A Golf 3 and its whole engine wiring . and mount it in that ride and see how it flies .
Am not here to bad mouth your project . But this is Good though .
So please continue and share us more pictures. smiley

Okay Oya now teach us what we don't know

And we will tell you that you are just a learner!!!!
Or let's see what you havve done!!!
Then we will now see maybe it's ours that's rubbish or yours

Just seat back and follow
#shikEhnah

3 Likes

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by Readonee35L(m): 11:45am On Dec 05, 2016
cityhood:

Okay Oya now teach us what we don't know

And we will tell you that you are just a learner!!!!
Or let's see what you havve done!!!
Then we will now see maybe it's ours that's rubbish or yours

Just seat back and follow
#shikEhnah

Yes sir
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by LeJeun3: 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2016

I sometimes wonder what the word

Pimping

Means:

Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by cityhood: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
To modify...

It's a street language.....
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by msochi: 4:27am On Mar 14, 2017
Where are the completion of this beetle
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by seunfly: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2017
msochi:
Where are the completion of this beetle

The man has become history so also his thread and his nairaland vision. That is life people rise and fall, People come to go.
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by Denn(m): 8:05am On Mar 14, 2017
I am keenly waiting for this 'project' to be completed then raced against another original beetle through twisty roads and see which one wins.

First, upon what is that FWD engine sitting on? How is that weight being transferred to the whole suspension?

When I brake hard from a mere 100km/h, how do you ensure that the yansh of the vehicle does not go up like a Wembley football?

Can you also share how you intend to steer the vehicle? Using the old Steering Box which was designed to handle a lesser front weight or adding a rack and pinion from a Golf MK2? Kindly shed more light on this.

Cooling...now you need a radiator. Where would you put it? Same front? This implies the iconic beetle shape is lost...oh I forgot, you have already sawn off the fenders and other remnants of the beetle's prestige. How about flattening the roof to make it a complete love-vendor?

Oh....gearing...I almost forgot. How would you do that now? The golf's transmission too? That means the clean space under the Beetle's dash would now have a slight clutter. You might want to use the golf's centre console to cover that space up too.

Rear suspension? Golf 2 too? The weight loss fr the back....any counter measure?

Now handling... Good old handling...remember my opening sentence about racing your 'pimped' beetle. I would like to see how it turns out.

First, a race between your beetle and another stock beetle then a race between your beetle and a golf 2. Please don't make it a drag race or straight line race but a race within twists, curves, ups and downs...a normal race.

PS: the only way you can make this work a bit well is to take the whole chassis component of a golf MK2 and put it under the body of a VW Beetle.

This implies cutting a complete golf MK2, removing the body parts on top and swapping same with the body shell of a VW beetle...a kind of Golf 2 in a beetle's coat.
Re: MR Cityhood'n'fire" 1st Ever Pimped Bettle 2convert Engine Front. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
cityhood:
Yeah I know you guys will want to check what I meant by that post...above

Yes I once open a post that to convert manual drive Into an autodrive is possible
I saw too many critics saying NA LIE and others... here everything is possible..........

Now first ever to pimped transformed and customised an old vintage
1500 v.w nettle that yoruba pple called IJAPA...
Or yerimbeto!!! grin
As we all know normally from the genesis of that nettle or bug. Engine are normally used to be at the back of the car.
Now we are changing the whole system of the car by putting a golf 2 engine at the front of it...
Changing the legs
Changing so many things.
As for now
50percent loading
i hope you will not sell it to another nairalander as 2016 model undecidedtaught the nigga has been banned permanently for scamming

(1) (Reply)

Price Reduced!!! Green 2003 Audi A6 Going For N680K / 2 / SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! Tokunbo 2006 Toyota Sienna 1.8m Whatsapp:08036168946

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.